What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Yes Sir!! I was very happy. I can't take credit for any silver tongued negotiating though. They only had 10 (out of 30 or so) that were at this price on the lot for their "summer truck month" sale.

I just happened to be ready to buy so started perusing local deals over a cup of coffee. I stumbled across that and said yeah right there is a catch, probably a bait and switch. I decided to take a chance, jumped in the car and headed over. 2hrs later she was mine at that price.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Sir!! I was very happy. I can't take credit for any silver tongued negotiating though. They only had 10 (out of 30 or so) that were at this price on the lot for their "summer truck month" sale.

I just happened to be ready to buy so started perusing local deals over a cup of coffee. I stumbled across that and said yeah right there is a catch, probably a bait and switch. I decided to take a chance, jumped in the car and headed over. 2hrs later she was mine at that price.
I ended up with about 4k off the price on mine (between XPlan and rebates) and thought I did pretty good. But 7k is AMAZING! Congrats on your new truck and on getting a sweet deal!

TubaMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Picked mine up last weekend. Got it out the door for $34,950. Here is my window sticker. MSRP was $42k
20190802_145710.jpg
I can just barely make out the name of the dealership in your photo. I saw their ads as well and was really impressed at their prices. only reason I didn't go through that dealership is that out of all the rangers they had, none were Supercab, except a few base XLs. Congrats on the great deal!

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
Thanks everyone. I honestly walked away feeling very good about the deal.

@TubaMatt The dealer was Ford of Kirkland, WA. Hands down, was a pleasure dealing with. It looks like they sold out of the Lariat models and as of today had a few XLTs left for 32k. They only had a handful available of each to start. They were loaded up the same but with two choices between either variant. You could get the O&B sound system w Navi and adaptive cruise or the fx4 with tow and running boards. It was a no brainer for me...Lariat with fx4, tow and boards.

Last edited:

Reggie Dunlap

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 7.3L
Question for all you new Ranger owners out there who recently purchased. I've been shopping around heavily for about the past month. Current deal is on a white 4x2 XLT 302A with Technology Pkg, Sport Pkg, Tow Pkg. MSRP is $35,400 according to the window sticker and $35,580 according to edmunds.com ($34,122 Invoice, $33,978 True Market Value also according to edmunds). Current offer I have from my local dealer is $32,499 OTD after TTL plus free window tint and free spray in bed liner. My question to you all is this...is this a good deal based on what you all have been seeing? Also, do you think the discount might improve dramatically if I wait until any possible labor day sales? Should I keep shopping? Thanks in advance!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Question for all you new Ranger owners out there who recently purchased. I've been shopping around heavily for about the past month. Current deal is on a white 4x2 XLT 302A with Technology Pkg, Sport Pkg, Tow Pkg. MSRP is $35,400 according to the window sticker and $35,580 according to edmunds.com ($34,122 Invoice, $33,978 True Market Value also according to edmunds). Current offer I have from my local dealer is $32,499 OTD after TTL plus free window tint and free spray in bed liner. My question to you all is this...is this a good deal based on what you all have been seeing? Also, do you think the discount might improve dramatically if I wait until any possible labor day sales? Should I keep shopping? Thanks in advance!
Don't know what TTL add to the cost, but that seems like a pretty good deal, especially when they are throwing in window tint and a spray in liner which could be close to $1000 by itself, depending on who does it and exactly what kind of spray in liner you get.

Reggie Dunlap

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 7.3L
Don't know what TTL add to the cost, but that seems like a pretty good deal, especially when they are throwing in window tint and a spray in liner which could be close to $1000 by itself, depending on who does it and exactly what kind of spray in liner you get.
Thanks Rob...I kinda feel it's a good deal too but wanted to see what this forum thinks. Thanks for the input. By the way, that price of $32,499 is after I pay TTL so it is my final out the door price. Not sure if waiting until labor day sale would help in any significant way...or if it would just run me the risk of losing current deal. Decisions, decisions....Thanks!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Rob...I kinda feel it's a good deal too but wanted to see what this forum thinks. Thanks for the input. By the way, that price of $32,499 is after I pay TTL so it is my final out the door price. Not sure if waiting until labor day sale would help in any significant way...or if it would just run me the risk of losing current deal. Decisions, decisions....Thanks!
Just wondering what TTL amounts to - is it $100, $1000, $2000? That would give a better idea of what the actual price of the truck would be. As far as future deals, you never know. My advice would be that if you think it is a good deal, jump on it. If something comes along a bit better at Labor day you might kick yourself, but then again, the truck you want might not be available, or the deal could be worse. That is my .02.

atowildcat

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Some dealers in Denver and Spokane are offering 4-5k off plus rebates. End of the quarter is typically max rebate time from Ford.

Also - looks like Kirkland is doing 4-5k off. So we know dealers have that much room in their margins to negotiate. Add in rebates and 7k+ off should be the new target for buyers.

Last edited:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Picked up my Ranger on Friday. Was able to finance through Ford credit with 0% interest, and also scored an additional $1000 off for being a Farm Bureau member, which costs $55/yr, and also saves me a ton on my vehicle insurance.
I got Farm Bureau and it was only $20/year and Mustang Club of America which was $25/year. MCA got me X-Plan which was about $200 more than FB and couldn't use both. Got $750 for doing a test drive at the Chicago Auto Show, and $1000 in incentive. Will have to check on better insurance rates using FB :)

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Damn you guys are ballers! I paid $30k out the door in California for my 4x4 base model. I don’t care how much fancy stuff or diff lockers or blah blah blah some of you guys paid over $40k these trucks aren’t worth that much... imo

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Damn you guys are ballers! I paid $30k out the door in California for my 4x4 base model. I don’t care how much fancy stuff or diff lockers or blah blah blah some of you guys paid over $40k these trucks aren’t worth that much... imo
Luxury options are not supposed to make financial sense. Luxury is not about value. It's up to the buyer to decide whether the luxury options are worth the premium.

To me, they are...:)

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase

..and a base model ain't worth $30k. Who cares? Cars and trucks aren't an investment.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I care! They can be an investment. Ever watch Barrett Jackson?
You're going to have a rude awakening if you think this truck is Barrett Jackson worthy.:shock:

I've worked hard my whole life so I don't have to skimp and I appreciate certain luxuries in my life. That's the beauty of life, different strokes for different folks. If you're happy with a base model that's all that matters. :beer:
Sponsored