What are you guys towing?

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
about 5500 lbs of tractor, loader and tiller.

truckstuff.jpg
How did you find it performed the task? Much highway driving or just around town?
Sponsored

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
about 5500 lbs of tractor, loader and tiller.

truckstuff.jpg
That’s close to the 7500. My utility trailer is about 2200 lbs. it’s a 10,000 lb capacity trailer. I know the 7500 lb models are lighter but not by much.

I’m also interested in how it handled the towing. I normally use my F250 with the utility trailer.

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
How did you find it performed the task? Much highway driving or just around town?
she pulled the load really great, at least as good as my 1/2 chevy did. Performance was very good considering the weight, no problem at all getting up to 65 into a 30 mph wind very quickly. I am very happy with it. The load pulled great, no sway even in a very strong cross wind today.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Every truck is tested to the same standard. You can't blame it on the manufacturers.
Blame it on J2807 !:LOL:
Then apply common sense.
I bought mine to do everything I plan to do. If that took a bigger truck I simply would not do those things.

The Ranger is biggest truck I'll ever own, with greater abilities than the one I just sold which towed my car doll, car trailer, utility trailer, enclosed trailer and RVtrailer for 18 years without any ill effects.
Weight is simply not the biggest challenge... Boxy trailers are.

That said about boxy trailers makes me think I need to be finding a safe house or something. My wife told me if it didn't tow our (literally brand new camper) that she would make me disappear :) She wanted an F150, and I wanted something I could easily drive 600 miles/week and not have to get creative to pay for fuel.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
That said about boxy trailers makes me think I need to be finding a safe house or something. My wife told me if it didn't tow our (literally brand new camper) that she would make me disappear :) She wanted an F150, and I wanted something I could easily drive 600 miles/week and not have to get creative to pay for fuel.
For the f150 there's a lot more variation based on the options chosen. Many have basically the same frontal area ratings as the ranger, 55sqft, and potentially even lower weight ratings. The larger engine options bump that to 60sqft, and beyond that you need a 5th wheel. For a lot of cases where the ranger isn't enough for even occasional towing, the logical upgrade is an f250 not an f150.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, you can give the speech at my funeral if it isn't enough, or maybe I can use this opportunity to get clearance for an exhaust, and tune???

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Ordered my trailer today. Custom 7X16 cargo trailer. Seven-foot interior height.
6-weeks estimated build time.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Went out two weeks ago , still have to lower hitch setup

E0ED9191-9650-457B-B067-201C50D4E116.jpeg
How many inches are you going to drop the hitch? I'm trying to figure out if get a single drop or an adjustable. I'm waiting for the R-POD 195s to get to local RV place 4 hours away before I get one. :)

srgredranger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Setup tech / Goodyear
Vehicle Showcase
How many inches are you going to drop the hitch? I'm trying to figure out if get a single drop or an adjustable. I'm waiting for the R-POD 195s to get to local RV place 4 hours away before I get one. :)
In the picture, I was using 5 1/4 drop bar but I have a weight distribution setup that I am going to use. Fastway e2 but need to get a 7” drop shank for it. The Ranger hitch is higher than my F150 I had. Might not need the WDH but I feel better using it

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the picture, I was using 5 1/4 drop bar but I have a weight distribution setup that I am going to use. Fastway e2 but need to get a 7” drop shank for it. The Ranger hitch is higher than my F150 I had. Might not need the WDH but I feel better using it
I believe I have the Fastway E2 hitch for my trailer. I need a 24" ball height, and so far it's been fine (only had it hooked up once, and I didn't even move). I do use a 5-1/4 drop for everything else though.
Sponsored