Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
The plot thickens:

I went onto https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home, typed in my VIN and ESN, and it told me I had a map update available. So I placed the order (at no cost since it's a download), I downloaded the ZIP (12.3GB) and proceeded with the update using a USB stick. Took its sweet time. I came back to a successful update, and it was still showing on NA119 running on 3.4.21020... Not sure why it told me there was an update in the first place.

So I called the number provided in the email confirmation (https://syncnavigation.com/ford/contactus)

Questions on Map installation and/or SYNC® 3 software updates for your vehicle
Please contact the Ford CRC at (800) 392-3673

The rep confirmed that as of today, the latest map version is NA119.

So not sure what "Syn3 Updater" is referring to. Except if maybe it gets access to updates somewhere in a backend, before the Ford websites and reps even do. It's possible; I'll try all this again in a few days.

The end.
Sounds like their supply chain and customer support doesn't get access to updated information as quickly as Syn3 Updater or our OTA notifications will show - I received that response from [email protected], the folks who man the support inbox for syncnavigation.com (see link in my previous comment):
*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q1 19. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 1 19.
Then later
I have put a call into my contact with alom that works in conjunction with ford to see what is going on. I soon as I know anything I will let you know. Anyone with a 2021 vehicle has a whole different system with the maps over the air, so not sure if that is what you might be seeing.
They kindly added later once I had pointed out 220 is OTA:
I have put a call into my contact with alom that works in conjunction with ford to see what is going on. I soon as I know anything I will let you know. Anyone with a 2021 vehicle has a whole different system with the maps over the air, so not sure if that is what you might be seeing.
Sponsored

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Have you downloaded a file before? Curious if you only get 1 'complementary' download, then they charge after that?
I believe this is the case.

1 and done.

Not that it really matters much to me since I never use the factory Nav, I just thought it would be nice to have the latest update if it was available.
I believe it's now similar to other markets where it's something like 3-5 years free, then pay.
All great questions folks, and I wondered myself. So since I had a comms channel opened with the support people behind syncnavigation.com, I inquired and here is what I was told:

Q: "Can I use syncnavigation.com to download the updates a few times a year, or is it only a one-off?"

You can use the website whenever there is a newer version that comes out.

I have to take it at face value. Only time will tell if this is an accurate answer, but it's promising...

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Went to owner.ford.com, downloaded the update, put it on a USB, installed (took 35 min), didn't get a .xml file to upload, so did Check for updates on truck (it did notify the owner.ford site, and also downloaded and installed the 4U5T.....file (another 35 min), and now I'm at Sync 3.4.21020, NAV NA 2 20.
Please can you post a screenshot showing NA220?
I'd like to share with someone in the Ford supply chain who is receiving conflicting information.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Please can you post a screenshot showing NA220?
I'd like to share with someone in the Ford supply chain who is receiving conflicting information.
See post # 86

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
For my VIN which has Navigation, the update is available on the Ford Owner website and includes 7 files.

Capture2.JPG
I did not get the *-CC.tar file.
Any thoughts on what that is?
'19 Lariat w/NAV. NA 119 and 3.4.20282
Thanks.

Reactions: JGF

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I thought that was the license file? What the hell is gracenote? :)
In the context of our truck, I think Gracenote is the music database used to improve voice recognition of artist and album names - it's usually used by audio systems to identify artist, album and song names.
That technology has been around for a while and is used in all sorts of consumer electronics and software.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
It's the music meta data, like the artist picture, etc.
In the context of our truck, I think Gracenote is the music database used to improve voice recognition of artist and album names - it's usually used by audio systems to identify artist, album and song names.
That technology has been around for a while and is used in all sorts of consumer electronics and software.
These.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Connect to wifi and run a manual scan for updates. This will force the system to recongnize that you have updated.
I just did mine this afternoon - mine did write an XML file to the USB drive. Had plans to upload it, but there's no option. And I says that I have the new version. I had done as you noted, ran a manual scan for updates. Guessing that's why mine showed the correct version on the website.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I just did mine this afternoon - mine did write an XML file to the USB drive. Had plans to upload it, but there's no option. And I says that I have the new version. I had done as you noted, ran a manual scan for updates. Guessing that's why mine showed the correct version on the website.
There is an option on the website, but it doesn't appear to work. I finally used wifi in the truck to check for updates and it posted my version to the website.

Hot Pepper Red Zeppelin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Does this update remove the infuriating practice of graying out Carplay playlist access if the vehicle is moving?
Slightly different but maybe it will work for you.... I have playlists of albums on a usb. If I song advance to the end of the playlist (or ends on it's own) a prompt comes on the screen (I think I have to hit OK to make it go away). At that point I can access my playlists.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I did the lastest nav update yesterday. Today when I looked the nav still showed NA119.
Sponsored