Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks ill try it again today
First confirm you’re connected to your wifi network through trucks display. Then go to the system tab and look for updates. That’s it. Does it while the truck is off too! But you might want to at least let it handshake while truck is running.
Sponsored

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
First confirm you’re connected to your wifi network through trucks display. Then go to the system tab and look for updates. That’s it. Does it while the truck is off too! But you might want to at least let it handshake while truck is running.
I tried that a handful of times, keeps saying it up to date. I went on the ford website and I have the older version. im using the Hotspot on my phone since I have a 45-60min drive for work. I'll try again on my way home

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
I tried that a handful of times, keeps saying it up to date. I went on the ford website and I have the older version. im using the Hotspot on my phone since I have a 45-60min drive for work. I'll try again on my way home
I tried the hotspot and it didn’t like if for whatever reason. A direct connect to home wifi was what worked.

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
I tried the hotspot and it didn’t like if for whatever reason. A direct connect to home wifi was what worked.
Wonder if it'll down load over the wifi that the truck has?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Wonder if it'll down load over the wifi that the truck has?
Yes if you signup for the hotspot cell connection from AT&T that will work too. The wifi and home connection works. I know that positivity

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Mine did it automatically but, in the menu in Sync you can check for updates. If you’re connected to your wifi it will grab and install it.
My friend's did 2 wifi updates in one day last week, but they were both just updates to 20136. As documented previously, I had to do a manual update to get 20282.

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Yes if you signup for the hotspot cell connection from AT&T that will work too. The wifi and home connection works. I know that positivity
I don't know if we're in an alternate universe, but it specifically says it will not update over the truck's wifi.....you have to be on an external wifi, unless Ford is wrong.

svogt302

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Upgraded mine to 3.4 v20282...
Day colors seem washed out & Nav 3D doesn't seem too 3D....
Doing the map upgrade now.
Question:
I did not get the xml file on my thumb drive after the 3.4 upgrade... Did anyone?

20210214_112453.jpg

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Upgraded mine to 3.4 v20282...
Day colors seem washed out & Nav 3D doesn't seem too 3D....
Doing the map upgrade now.
Question:
I did not get the xml file on my thumb drive after the 3.4 upgrade... Did anyone?

20210214_112453.jpg
Day colors look like they faded from too much sun. I immediately set mine back to Night ONLY.

Put the USB stick back in, leave it for a while, then check for XML.

svogt302

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Day colors look like they faded from too much sun. I immediately set mine back to Night ONLY.

Put the USB stick back in, leave it for a while, then check for XML.
Will do, thanks..... Map update took 1.5hrs & I lost all history & favorites.....
These updates seem pretty sloppy, no wonder Ford is going to Google for this stuff.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Will do, thanks..... Map update took 1.5hrs & I lost all history & favorites.....
These updates seem pretty sloppy, no wonder Ford is going to Google for this stuff.
For those of us who did not lose the climate controls when the 3.4 version was originally released, is there any benefit to the update? My owners page indicated there was an update for my truck and I downloaded it, but I am hesitant to install it as it has been working OK.

svogt302

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yeah, night mode looks a lot better than day mode after the update IMO.
For those of us who did not lose the climate controls when the 3.4 version was originally released, is there any benefit to the update? My owners page indicated there was an update for my truck and I downloaded it, but I am hesitant to install it as it has been working OK.
At this point I'm not sure, I lost the option of changing screen brightness ? as I'd like to tone it down a bit. I may reload it.
Overall I am not impressed but I'll live with it for a few days.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
For some (me included) the overall sound drastically improved with the update.