First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The tie-down issue almost makes me want to remove my drop-in bed liner just to see if I have six....almost.
Doesn't your drop in liner have the rubber access covers for the tie downs?

IMG_3626.jpg
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't your drop in liner have the rubber access covers for the tie downs?

IMG_3626.jpg
I think I only have four access covers - one in each corner - more cost savings? ?

EDIT: I had a look at the photo in my build thread and I see that my bed liner has access covers by the wheel well - great - thanks @AzScorpion, now I have to go out to the garage in -14° C/7° F snowy weather to check. I will be so disappointed if the tie-downs are not there.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Rumored to be standard equipment on the "all new" Frontier. Haven't seen engine covers high on truck buyer's priorities but Ford seems to determined to push the decontenting envelope. Buyer beware, don't forget to pop those hoods, take that tie down count......

1613137099631.png

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Just ordered one. 50 bucks bet they will become a collectors item years from now ? Part number if you need it. l1mz6a949a will also need the 2 stand-off’s. Nuts were stupid money.
Got mine from Levittown and they included the nuts. Now I’ll be sure to be gentle with it now that it’s a collectible...?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not to derail the conversation, but the funnel can be avoided entirely by a ball siphon from Amazon for like 9$ you won't even have to lift the gas can.
I have a few of these, one for fuel and the other to drain water off the pool cover in winter.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Ford finally figured it out! Engine cover causing too much heat retention in hot weather conditions. Reports heard of rod knocking and turbo failures on the 2.3

*j/k, stirring the pot* not a fan of engine covers.

"we know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two" dun da da dun dun.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ford finally figured it out! Engine cover causing too much heat retention in hot weather conditions. Reports heard of rod knocking and turbo failures on the 2.3

*j/k, stirring the pot* not a fan of engine covers.

"we know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two" dun da da dun dun.
You joke but didn't GM recommend taking the covers off certain engines for that reason?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
much like the GameStop fiasco....i have been rapidly buying up all stock of engine covers, and attaching hardware from across north america.....Imma be one rich MuthaF*cker soon. please direct all purchasing inquiries to :
[email protected]

edit: I also saw potential for starting a private insurance biz to cover all costs related to failed tunes. bumper to bumper coverage, no limitations. The rates are based on age and testosterone levels. you burn out a taillight...covered because the sudden acceleration clearly caused the blinker fluid to slosh around and burn out the LED. Tires? covered 100%, the excess tire wear is from the tune...duh. Paint chips covered as well, the lightening fast speed from towing clearly damaged the paint from striking june bugs with high intensity.

dont forget your one time purchase code #skcorregnardrof
Dude, you have that backwards.
Sponsored