OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
So, I have reached out to Ford Customer Service. They are attempting to contact the dealer service center to get more information. We will see where it goes from here. Are there any magic words or phrases I should use with customer service?
Sponsored

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
Nothing but good things to say about Ford Customer Service. Had to call them twice for electrical issues that wouldn't go away. All together I ended up with the platinum extended warranty, $250 visa gift card, and 8 - 5000 mile oil changes w/tire rotations FREE.

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
So, I have reached out to Ford Customer Service. They are attempting to contact the dealer service center to get more information. We will see where it goes from here. Are there any magic words or phrases I should use with customer service?
So, an update. Ford Customer Service did not follow up. My check engine light came on again. Same code P139C. This is after they changer the EGR valve. So, I called CS while I was there. They talked with my rep and lo and behold the EGR is covered under the power train warranty…so, I am getting refunded. I also asked about help with the blender valve…she said since I was getting refunded, I could put the money towards that $2500 repair. The service manager was upset with the poor job done on the Egr valve, so he said he would talk with ford customer service to see what he could get for me. ??. His exact words were,”I thought you were going to sell this truck!” Ha! He doesn’t have
Much confidence in the truck either

hami6718

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew 4x4 Cactus Gray Tow Pkg
Occupation
Retired!
are you saying this $46 part is what the OP was quoted $600 to replace?

I have a warranty, but if it's accessible and on top, I'd probably just do it myself for $46.
I just replaced the EGR Pressure feedback sensor and the truck immediately started driving like it should, very smooth. The job took me 20 minutes. The price seems to be going up. At the start of these discussions here I think the price for the bare part was $12 or so, here is the best price I could find.
Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
LB5Z-9J433-BEgr Vacuum Control$75.941$75.94

Subtotal: $75.94
Estimated Shipping to 30341 via Standard Shipping: $12.46
Tax: $7.07
Total: $95.47

2021 Ranger XLT 4WD 85,000 miles so no more warranty.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
You need to go to another dealer, he saw you coming. My wife had the same issue with her car, she took it in for service and was told her brakes were shot and needed to be replaced. She called me and I called the service writer to put it up on the rack and I would be right down. Guess what, brakes were fine, and I chewed out the service writer for trying to scam a lady, happens all of the time.
@DASMITH I feel this is the real issue and you are being exploited by the service department. They are always under pressure to generate profits for a dealership and it angers me they aren't looking out for you. I hope Ford Customer Care steps up more and this forum gives you some confidence.

At the same time, an extended warranty is going to be smart money. The transmission in virtually all of the 5th gen Rangers have some components that have since been redesigned by Ford (or the transmission manufacturer) due to failures.

I really like my 2019 and have put a couple thousand into it to personalize and upgrade (in my view) it. Having to buy replacement parts and pay labor due to failures would spoil my relationship with the truck, Ford and my wife.

I couldn't handle that.

OP
OP

DASMITH

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariet
@DASMITH I feel this is the real issue and you are being exploited by the service department. They are always under pressure to generate profits for a dealership and it angers me they aren't looking out for you. I hope Ford Customer Care steps up more and this forum gives you some confidence.

At the same time, an extended warranty is going to be smart money. The transmission in virtually all of the 5th gen Rangers have some components that have since been redesigned by Ford (or the transmission manufacturer) due to failures.

I really like my 2019 and have put a couple thousand into it to personalize and upgrade (in my view) it. Having to buy replacement parts and pay labor due to failures would spoil my relationship with the truck, Ford and my wife.

I couldn't handle that.

I couldn't handle that.

Even though mileage is low, my truck was too old for a warranty. The truck still is not fixed. The light is still coming on and going off. I would not let the dealership fix it for another $500. So, they charged me $185 for Diagnosis. This time they said the next sensor to be replaced was not under warranty. I also now have another issue…something with traction on the left rear tire. Also at like it is going in and out of 4 wheel drive on its own.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Even though mileage is low, my truck was too old for a warranty. The truck still is not fixed. The light is still coming on and going off. I would not let the dealership fix it for another $500. So, they charged me $185 for Diagnosis. This time they said the next sensor to be replaced was not under warranty. I also now have another issue…something with traction on the left rear tire. Also at like it is going in and out of 4 wheel drive on its own.
I hope this forum has been a help to you but seriously someone who isn't out to empty your checking account needs to do an in depth analysis of what's up with your truck. Even used a 2019 Lariat 4x4 isn't cheap and although mine is just a 4x2 I've been happy with mine.
Sponsored