spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Yes, on mine it’s way quieter. Fuel pump noise
Oh it's the fuel pump making the noise? Thanks for clearing that up, AND letting me know it does make a difference. It's not making me want to drive off a cliff yet, bu

I'll have to keep it in mind for if I want to buy a cover down the road.

Isn't the fuel pump in the gas tank though? I'd swear the noise is coming from in front of me?
Sponsored

Last edited:

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Curious. Does the engine cover do much to reduce the lifter (I think it's lifters, tick tick tick tick tick) noise from the engine? It's not irritating but it is noticeable off the truck in the cab.
Yeah, it does reduce it some. I added the cover after about 3,000 miles.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It stops global warming too.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I remember reading somewhere on this thread, that the driver's side floor mat buttons/connectors were removed for 2020, and possibliy one of the USB console ports.

If that's true, then they're back again for 2021 (at least, my xlt has the floormat connector, and 2x USB ports)

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
the only reason a floor mat needs the connectors is to ensure the mat doesn't impede or limit the go fast and go slow pedals.
it honestly is pointless to have them for the passenger, especially when the majority of the time they are fitted and contoured. they wont go anywhere, nor cause any safety issue if they do.
if your passenger likes to get rough with the mats and continuously jars them loose and has to push them back in place then teach them to sit still. they aren't kids on a sugar rush.
Hard disagree.

My Mustang didn't have hooks on the passenger side floormats, but had the textured "spikes" on the bottom and were contoured and *never* stayed in place. If I didn't adjust them weekly they would be pushed way forward under the dash.

I appreciate the Ranger having them (even though with the seat RAM mount it's already pinched in place) so that they don't slide around like this, especially given the dirt they collect.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
@jblc it was the passenger side floor mat anchors that were removed in the 2021. They also took away 2 of our tie-down anchors in the box.
I lost the passenger floor posts in a late 2020 XLT build among other things noted

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Curious. Does the engine cover do much to reduce the lifter (I think it's lifters, tick tick tick tick tick) noise from the engine? It's not irritating but it is noticeable off the truck in the cab.
A significant amount quieter.

Even my wife noticed it and she's the exact opposite of a "car" person.

You'll still have the hurricane from the fan at first start though. :like:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
dont confuse my terminology of contoured with cut to shape floor mats.
im talking weathertec and Fords version amongst others that have the high sides and fit rather tightly in the foot well. if you have a set like that which move, i'd be quite surprised. Throw them out and buy a newer more accurate sized version. you must have got the pre laser measured versions.
You can be rest assured that these type of floor trays are bought for the vehicles the majority of time. i tossed my carpet mats into the garage before they even got a set of dirty foot prints on them. To me and my situation and experience....the passenger clips are not required
Yes, I agree, but then that goes back to the original point is that the passenger's side factory floor mats no longer have the hooks to keep them in place, which is a huge miss given that's what *most* people have and use and winds up being an issue.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I agree, but then that goes back to the original point is that the passenger's side factory floor mats no longer have the hooks to keep them in place, which is a huge miss given that's what *most* people have and use and winds up being an issue.
HI Gizmo,

Amazing...this floor mat clip thing has come and gone in the 4G Ranger as well. We got complaints the deltar clip was a nuisance, so deleted...then complaints...so added back...complaints of it being a nuisance...deleted and the process continues... A real head scratcher. I think it has to do with aftermarket floor mat vendors.... Me...I want the clips on both sides... driver's and passenger's.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked my engine cover up today. Install was super easy. Going to go for a drive and see if its quieter or not.

20210222_132657.jpg
Hey! That's the rare 2nd option for the Bake Easy pizza warmer and engine cover...the Ford SVT bakelite black powdercoat with chamber pot pizza pan lid :shock:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
HI Gizmo,

Amazing...this floor mat clip thing has come and gone in the 4G Ranger as well. We got complaints the deltar clip was a nuisance, so deleted...then complaints...so added back...complaints of it being a nuisance...deleted and the process continues... A real head scratcher. I think it has to do with aftermarket floor mat vendors.... Me...I want the clips on both sides... driver's and passenger's.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I agree entirely. And nearly every aftermarket floormat mfr I've seen includes holes or mounting for those clips as well. They're super handy and I would hate to not have them again.

BoilerMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
See username
Had my Ranger for two weeks and today was the first day I really popped the hood (love the dampers) and noticed no plastic cover. Was gonna call the dealer and complain but stumbled upon this thread. Instead of complaining I just stole the cover off my wife’s 2020.