Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
True North is heading to the Maritimes.

I’m getting my Ranger ready for it’s first real road trip - 1,700 km (1,056 mi) from Toronto to Prince Edward Island (PEI). The folks who cut the grass at my place there said it looked fine after Hurricane Fiona roared through a few weeks ago. However, my neighbour informed me that it needs some roofing, fascia, eavestrough, and shingle siding work.

I haven’t been there since I closed it up for the season October 19, 2019. After two rental seasons were cancelled due to the pandemic, it was finally open to guests this past summer. The people who clean it for me between vacationers said looked great inside but no one really looks at it with the same discerning eye as the owner, so I need to make sure water hasn’t damaged door thresholds, window sills, ceilings, etc. One hundred mile an hour winds can put rain water in places it wouldn’t normally get to.

So, I’ll pick up the necessary building materials here in Toronto before I leave - they’ll be tough or impossible to source on PEI. I’ll make sure I load up just about every tool case I own, give my Ranger a thorough pre-flight check, and head out Saturday morning. The trip will take me through eastern Ontario to Quebec, through Montreal, and Quebec City, into New Brunswick, and over the 12.9 km (8 mi) Confederation Bridge to PEI.

I’ll likely do an overnight stay in Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec on Saturday. It’s a beautiful small city on the St. Lawrence River. That will put me at my place on the island early enough in the day on Sunday to see just what’s in store for me during the week ahead.

I’ll try and post some pics along the way. There are no off-road excursions planned but I’ll try and get some interesting shots just the same.

@puckdodger , I’ll honk loud as I cruise past Oshawa early in the day - probably raise a finger to the GM plant as I go by - no offence.

@CB750F , if I see that blinged out blue truck of yours, I’ll give you a friendly wave on the way through Quebec.

@Kodiacnb , if I see your Scab behind me in the Tim Hortons drive-thru in New Brunswick, you’ll find your order has been paid for by the time you get to the window.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bob,

I’ve already loaded the garage with beer kegs I’ve called one of the local university cheer squads to let them know to stop by.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Thanks Bob,

I’ve already loaded the garage with beer kegs I’ve called one of the local university cheer squads to let them know to stop by.

Thanks. Much appreciated!!!!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
True North is heading to the Maritimes.

I’m getting my Ranger ready for it’s first real road trip - 1,700 km (1,056 mi) from Toronto to Prince Edward Island (PEI). The folks who cut the grass at my place there said it looked fine after Hurricane Fiona roared through a few weeks ago. However, my neighbour informed me that it needs some roofing, fascia, eavestrough, and shingle siding work.

I haven’t been there since I closed it up for the season October 19, 2019. After two rental seasons were cancelled due to the pandemic, it was finally open to guests this past summer. The people who clean it for me between vacationers said looked great inside but no one really looks at it with the same discerning eye as the owner, so I need to make sure water hasn’t damaged door thresholds, window sills, ceilings, etc. One hundred mile an hour winds can put rain water in places it wouldn’t normally get to.

So, I’ll pick up the necessary building materials here in Toronto before I leave - they’ll be tough or impossible to source on PEI. I’ll make sure I load up just about every tool case I own, give my Ranger a thorough pre-flight check, and head out Saturday morning. The trip will take me through eastern Ontario to Quebec, through Montreal, and Quebec City, into New Brunswick, and over the 12.9 km (8 mi) Confederation Bridge to PEI.

I’ll likely do an overnight stay in Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec on Saturday. It’s a beautiful small city on the St. Lawrence River. That will put me at my place on the island early enough in the day on Sunday to see just what’s in store for me during the week ahead.

I’ll try and post some pics along the way. There are no off-road excursions planned but I’ll try and get some interesting shots just the same.

@puckdodger , I’ll honk loud as I cruise past Oshawa early in the day - probably raise a finger to the GM plant as I go by - no offence.

@CB750F , if I see that blinged out blue truck of yours, I’ll give you a friendly wave on the way through Quebec.

@Kodiacnb , if I see your Scab behind me in the Tim Hortons drive-thru in New Brunswick, you’ll find your order has been paid for by the time you get to the window.
Had a good customer in Rivière-du-Loup before retirement. Always stayed at the Comfort Inn right off of 20 on the NE side. Good memories. Stayed once at the Quality Inn on the northside of 20, opposite of the Comfort Inn - pretty decent also.

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a beautiful spot Joe - I’ll try and share a pic.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Kodiacnb

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Good luck, Duke and have a safe trip. Hope all is well at your place. Please keep us informed and send pics. If I was closer to the Conf. Bridge I would give you (on the way by) a fresh moose steak to BBQ while there.

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck, Duke and have a safe trip. Hope all is well at your place. Please keep us informed and send pics. If I was closer to the Conf. Bridge I would give you (on the way by) a fresh moose steak to BBQ while there.
Thanks Robert. Hopefully, I don’t create my own on the way through NB!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
It’s a beautiful spot Joe - I’ll try and share a pic.
The entire region is gorgeous. Been to P.E.I. once. Visited my customer late in the day, spent the night and backtracked to Moncton the following day. Spent most of my time in Moncton with Truro, NS following up at a close second.

Two overnight trips to Newfoundland aboard the ferry from Port Sydney, NS were extremely memorable. Always booked an economy room with 4 bunks. No problems the first time but one guy insisted on sleeping naked on the second trip - everyone politely ignored him. No images from these ferry trips.

I did take lots of photos on the solitary ferry ride over to Nanaimo, BC where I spent the weekend. Spent all day with my customer before driving to the airport, turning in my rental car and flying to Portland.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
We’re you at Twin Shores Campground Frank?
Northumberland. We went over the week after the ferry went down. We were already booked, so we drove from Dartmouth, taking the Confederation Bridge.

Frank
Sponsored