More problems with 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
If you don't mind me asking, how long was the warranty for? I got a 72/60000 from them for $595 in Jan 22, and used Ford Pass points for half of that.
2023-03-20 13 12 22.png
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Lower deductibles cost less more.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you don't mind me asking, how long was the warranty for? I got a 72/60000 from them for $595 in Jan 22, and used Ford Pass points for half of that.
That's a good price. They all had an increase early last year (IIRC it was in Feb.?) and at that time I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I ended up getting one in May 6/75,000 with the LED lights and a $100 deductible and it was $1045 through Flood Ford.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It had 12,000 miles on it. Only dealer owned
You bought a loaner/test drive special and are surprised you're having troubles with it?

This is why you don't buy a used vehicle that has 12k miles on it and has been driven by hundreds of different people. Or one driven by a dealership big wig and his kids for 12k miles.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
You bought a loaner/test drive special and are surprised you're having troubles with it?

This is why you don't buy a used vehicle that has 12k miles on it and has been driven by hundreds of different people. Or one driven by a dealership big wig and his kids for 12k miles.
Speaking of old girl friends...

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I am not going to show her this. She has the luck that, one in a 100 m million will have this side effect to this drug.....
Oh gosh, I hope she isn't like me... I had a sensitivity to most of the oral drugs they've tried. Now I just take Leflunomide in tablet form (Arava).... doesn't give me 100% relief, but at least no noticeable side effects. I'm in the moderate - severe RA category.

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
I bought a BMW 5 series that was an exec car. Had about 12k miles on it when I got it.

In my case, it was never titled, so factory warranty started when I got it. It was a great, trouble free car.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I bought a BMW 5 series that was an exec car. Had about 12k miles on it when I got it.

In my case, it was never titled, so factory warranty started when I got it. It was a great, trouble free car.
There are exceptions to every rule.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
are you saying this $46 part is what the OP was quoted $600 to replace?

I have a warranty, but if it's accessible and on top, I'd probably just do it myself for $46.
That's all it is for the part. I think some found it even cheaper once it got off backorder. It looks to be around a 20 minute job but with my luck it'll take 2 hours and a bunch of cuss words and bloody knuckles. :confused:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, I remember the Ranger I took for a test drive - I safely stopped dead on a flat, straight secondary highway, put it in Sport mode and mashed the pedal until the speedo hit 160 km/hr (100 mph). To my surprise, it didn’t take long.

I knew I wasn’t buying that exact truck and I likely wasn’t the first to do this in something that wasn’t broken in. It had 43 kms on it and I brought it back with 117 kms.

Low mileage and “less than a year old” doesn’t mean it was well cared for and that Hoonigans haven’t driven the pants off it. I also had a friend back in the day who was a car salesman - the fun we had with dealer stock at Brown Brothers Ford in Vancouver!

btw - that Merkur was a bloody rocket ship! ?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
below from the EPA site, a primary emissions systems component from the gov perspective may not be a major component , and to further convolute some emissions components covered by fed 2yr/24k may be covered for more mileage under the oem warranty. If you reside in the Golden State however you get more stuff covered under a 7yr/70k emission warranty. But I really do believe the egr system is only covered for the min 2yr/24k , looking at some Ford info it's confusing because they don't differentiate the major components and lump everything under federal emissions coverage . But also a mfg could conceivably cover more components than what is required by the feds 8yr/80k warranty . BTW I do know of a case where the ECU was flaking out and the dealer quoted a large replacement cost and it was replaced for free when the fed warranty was presented to the dealer.

https://www.epa.gov/transportation-...frequent-questions-related-transportation-air

What is the federally mandated warranty for emission controls on my car?
The Clean Air Act requires manufacturers of light-duty vehicles to provide two federal emission control warranties: (A) "Performance Warranty" and (B) "Design and Defect Warranty." These warranties are provided by the vehicle manufacturer and apply to used vehicles as well. The warranty period begins from the date of sale to the original owner.

The Performance Warranty covers repairs which are required during the first 2 years or 24,000 miles of vehicle use (whichever first occurs) because the vehicle failed an emission test. Specified major emission control components are covered for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles (whichever first occurs). The specified major emission control components only include the catalytic converters, the electronic emissions control unit or computer (ECU), and the onboard emissions diagnostic (OBD) device or computer. If you are a resident of an area with an Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) program that meets federal guidelines, you are eligible for this warranty protection provided that:
Looks like you got it right! thanks

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Oh gosh, I hope she isn't like me... I had a sensitivity to most of the oral drugs they've tried. Now I just take Leflunomide in tablet form (Arava).... doesn't give me 100% relief, but at least no noticeable side effects. I'm in the moderate - severe RA category.
You two may have a lot in common, she’s also allergic to all the pain relief drugs except ibuprofen :-(

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah, I remember the Ranger I took for a test drive - I safely stopped dead on a flat, straight secondary highway, put it in Sport mode and mashed the pedal until the speedo hit 160 km/hr (100 mph). To my surprise, it didn’t take long.

I knew I wasn’t buying that exact truck and I likely wasn’t the first to do this in something that wasn’t broken in. It had 43 kms on it and I brought it back with 117 kms.

Low mileage and “less than a year old” doesn’t mean it was well cared for and that Hoonigans haven’t driven the pants off it. I also had a friend back in the day who was a car salesman - the fun we had with dealer stock at Brown Brothers Ford in Vancouver!

btw - that Merkur was a bloody rocket ship! ?
For sure. When I bought mine there was one under the mileage threshold advertised as new, priced fair market value for NEW, but when I got there it was a 10k mile "dealer demo." Nope, I ain't the one.

There are good and bad though. Almost 20 years ago I was car shopping and hit up a Dodge dealership. Went for a test drive in the only SRT-4 on the lot and dude proceeded to not only let me, but encourage me to rape the soul out of that thing.

We ran away from there as fast as we could.

An hour later at a Subaru dealership we're getting ready to pull out for a test drive in one of multiple WRXs they had on the lot. Salesman hollers from the back seat "gonna have to ask you to keep it under 4.5k and avoid full throttle. We recommend a relatively mild break in procedure." I stopped, turned around, and said "Sir, I think you may have just sold a car." Drove that same WRX home later that night with 17 miles on it, 11 of which I did on the test drive.
Sponsored