Livernois Tuning released

Khorus

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It's extremely mild and I'm sure they'll say it's working as intended. You can't really feel it unless you're looking for it. I'm inclined to think it's the "feature" that others have others have mentioned ?‍♂
Had this same experience actually
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Can you clarify?
Mine likes to clunk into gear on downshifts, and taking off in first feels like letting a clutch out and it slipping. It got better after 1500 miles and then a new BOV made it even better but still doesn't feel normal to me.
Give it more time to learn you. Before the tune it took close to 5,000 miles to learn me. After the tune it took a while to learn me. Currently I'm running the tow tune and i do t have any issues with the transmission ever since it learned me and technically that is always an on going process.

Khorus

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Give it more time to learn you. Before the tune it took close to 5,000 miles to learn me. After the tune it took a while to learn me. Currently I'm running the tow tune and i do t have any issues with the transmission ever since it learned me and technically that is always an on going process.
I'm at 2k now, it got perfect for awhile and then started being crap again. Going to give it 2 oil changes to get with the program.

Also haven't got tune yet. I had ordered it but started having shift issues so holding off till that resolves self/dealer

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
That's not really how it works. It's not learning you, its adapting to the motor/truck.

If someone else drives your truck, it will shift the same as it does now.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
That's not really how it works. It's not learning you, its adapting to the motor/truck.

If someone else drives your truck, it will shift the same as it does now.
Actually it does learn you. For a great example with all the computer controled automatic transmissions out there. So you got old Grandma Moses who never manages to get the gas pedal past 1/4 and drive very slow and smooth, all of a sudden her grandson little Timmy visits her and borrows the car for a bit and nails it at every stop. All of a sudden the transmission is shifting a bit harder and now Granny it taking her car to the shop trying to figure out what happened to her car all of a sudden.

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Just sent off my stock tune info! Ever since I did the level and put the new wheels/tires on, the power and mileage noticeably took a hit, so I'm excited to see the improvement I'll get out of installing this. When I bought the truck and drove it back from Oregon I was getting mid 20's on the freeway. In its current configuration I get right about 20 mpg on the freeway, so I will definitely report back once I have this bad boy installed.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
So if I put the performance tune in will the truck still drive differently in reg an sport modes or is everything sport mode?

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Actually it does learn you. For a great example with all the computer controled automatic transmissions out there. So you got old Grandma Moses who never manages to get the gas pedal past 1/4 and drive very slow and smooth, all of a sudden her grandson little Timmy visits her and borrows the car for a bit and nails it at every stop. All of a sudden the transmission is shifting a bit harder and now Granny it taking her car to the shop trying to figure out what happened to her car all of a sudden.
No, this is not how it works.

Automatic Transmission Adaptive
Learning
This feature may increase durability and provide consistent shift feel over the life of your vehicle. A new vehicle or transmission may have firm shifts, soft shifts or both. This operation is considered normal and does not affect function or durability of the transmission. Over time,
the adaptive learning process fully updates transmission operation."

What this means is it "learns" the internal characteristics of the transmission to account for manufacturing tolerances and wear. As far as I can tell, all speculation based on the transmission learning driving habits is starting from a false premise.

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Just sent off my stock tune info! Ever since I did the level and put the new wheels/tires on, the power and mileage noticeably took a hit, so I'm excited to see the improvement I'll get out of installing this. When I bought the truck and drove it back from Oregon I was getting mid 20's on the freeway. In its current configuration I get right about 20 mpg on the freeway, so I will definitely report back once I have this bad boy installed.
Just sent off my stock files!! Now, the wait.. I ???
Thanks very much for the kind words and for all of your orders as well guys! Feel free to shoot us a PM with your name / email address if you haven't seen a reply back yet and I would be happy to check into those requests to make sure everything came through successfully.

Finally got the tuned installed and tested it out on a stretch of road. FUN. Any idea what the HP and torq improvements on 91 octane?
These Ecoboost trucks still make great power on 91 or 93 octane fuels, so no worries there. They usually see about a degree or two less timing when the 91-93 Performance tune is used with 91 fuels. So only drops roughly 5-7 WHP and upwards of 7-10 WTQ on average from our advertised 93 octane tune results of 80 whp and 100 wtq.

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Got my tunes emailed to me this morning and I couldn't focus any longer so I went and uploaded the 91/93 soft shift tune onto the truck. Only took a few minutes and then took it for a spin to check the speedometer vs. the GPS app. This is how the truck should come from the factory!

Very noticeable difference in the shifting, MUCH smoother and there's no longer any "lag" feeling around 1,500 RPM, and it just pulls from 3,000 up. The best way to describe the power is “effortless”. It gets to 50 so easily and quick now, I will have to keep an eye on the speedometer in the coming days. I can only imagine how it must feel with stock sized tires on in, but there is no “struggle” anymore with the 33” tires. I'll report back on any MPG improvements after I get some more time behind the wheel and drive “normal” because so far I’ve only done some shakedown drives and a brief freeway jaunt to confirm the speedometer is accurate (the answer is yes, it really is going that fast).
This is the tune you’ve been looking for, don’t hesitate, just get it while they’re still on sale! Very impressed, well done @Livernois Motorsports

Last edited:

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just ordered mine today!
Sponsored