What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Hm... now you've got me thinking. So I went back in my email and pulled up the email and sure enough, July 2nd is the date. Now to figure out what important thing has an April 1st deadline...
It's a private incentive for $750, if you are eligible. I called Ford Marketing at 800-334-4375. It has to be used on a new Ranger that you are purchasing on the lot by April 1st. I qualify since I bought a new 2013 Ford Escape back in 2012. Unfortunately, my special order Ranger is expected to arrive at the dealership on April 14th or after. So I can't use it.

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
It's a private incentive for $750, if you are eligible. I called Ford Marketing at 800-334-4375. It has to be used on a new Ranger that you are purchasing on the lot by April 1st. I qualify since I bought a new 2013 Ford Escape back in 2012. Unfortunately, my special order Ranger is expected to arrive at the dealership on April 14th or after. So I can't use it.
So there is a separate $750 private incentive available that ends April 1st, separate from the $750 pre-order incentive?

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
MSRP $44,940.00
X-PLAN $43,230.09
ROVP PRE ORDER INCENTIVE -$750
NEW SUV INCENTIVE -$1500 ( OR -$750 OFF ANY OTHER VEHICLE INCLUDING THE RANGER)
OTD $41,730.09
SAVED $3,209 OFF MSRP :rockon:

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
So had a bit of a whirlwind for my Ranger this past week. I took delivery on Saturday and have been smiling since! However… for the past 6 months I thought going to lease for somewhere around the mid $400's that ended up not being the case at all.

MSRP was 38,835.00 then with Xplan and the $750 pre-order rebate it came out to a bit under $37.5k. When my salesman showed me the lease numbers, I was pretty shocked. The vehicle was leasing for just under $600 with $2k down. I wanted the truck, so I signed the papers.

Once I got home, I crunched the numbers and couldn’t justify paying just under $25k total for a 36-month lease. So texted my salesmen and said "I think I messed up can I switch to financing". He was super cool about it and we were able to make it work.

So, went in today and was able to get 3.99% for 72 months. Added on the 6-year 100k warranty + Tax, Title, License and $5k down. Got the payments to a bit under $600 a month. I feel much better about buying the vehicle rather than leasing for my financial situation.

I’m in love with the truck and look forward to many road trips and adventures! It is just costing me quite a bit more than I was anticipating!

kcoen

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 crew cab
Just picked up a lariat fx4 loaded out for invoice pricing minus 500 college grad discount.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Probably the process of the finance company placing a "lien" on your vehicle as collateral. I don't know Florida state law, but here in Texas the lien holder (Finance Company) goes on the title, and the buyer gets a certificate of title until it is paid off. Then the actual title is issued in the buyers name.
I think that Texas quit sending the certificate of title some years ago. I had it for my 2012 Edge, but didn't get it for my wife's 2014 Explorer. I contacted the appropriate department, and was told they had discontinued it. So unless they started back up, I think only the original title is issued to the lien holder.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Lariat + Tow Package + 501a

MSRP $41,870
Price $38k
Processing $698
Tax $1673
Fees $67
Out the door: $40,500

That’s about $1700 better than x-plan which I was eligible for but did not use. If you are still shopping in the mid-Atlantic I suggest looking at Koons Ford. They have a number of Rangers in stock across their 4 locations and have advertised online prices that are less than x-plan. The guy I worked with was Joe Bond. If they don’t have a “WOW” price on a Ranger you like he will put one on there. He was also happy to grab Rangers from iother local inventory and put a quick good price on them. [email protected]

Keep in mind they do have fees above the WOW price. The pic below shows an example of their out the door pricing on a Ranger with an MSRP of $42,290. But in the few I looked at it was still better than X-Plan I think.

FDF657A8-7DCE-440D-81DB-3E8C55C0C5AE.png

Last edited:

Cshep102

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Fx4, 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500, 2013 Ford Focus ST
I thought I’d start a thread on what kind of discount people are able to get and where they’re getting them at.

For instance if you’re able to get 5% off MSRP at dealer x then please tell us about it.

I know some people may be eligible for X plan pricing or similar so let us know about that as well!

Also, did you order the truck or pick one off the lot?
Costco pricing at my dealer was $300 under invoice price. Just placed my order yesterday.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MSRP $44,940.00
X-PLAN $43,230.09
ROVP PRE ORDER INCENTIVE -$750
NEW SUV INCENTIVE -$1500 ( OR -$750 OFF ANY OTHER VEHICLE INCLUDING THE RANGER)
OTD $41,730.09
SAVED $3,209 OFF MSRP :rockon:
I received the $750 preorder offer, and then also received the $1,500/$750 SUV offer. My Ranger will be here this week, and called Ford Marketing to verify that I could use both offers. They said NO - because both of them are considered Private Cash Offers, and can't be combined. If my Ranger gets in before end of week, I'll still present them both to the dealer and see what happens.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I received the $750 preorder offer, and then also received the $1,500/$750 SUV offer. My Ranger will be here this week, and called Ford Marketing to verify that I could use both offers. They said NO - because both of them are considered Private Cash Offers, and can't be combined. If my Ranger gets in before end of week, I'll still present them both to the dealer and see what happens.
Yea, for sure, my dealer just typed my name and address in the system and they both were valid.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What's up with Ford, this makes no sense, because it basically nullifies the Preorder incentive? I mean, I could of had a Ranger a month ago for the same price using the Private cash offer and picking one off the lot. So much for ROVP? The way it sits, my truck has been in production for a month and I really have no idea when I will receive it as I believe by tomorrow or Friday my tracker will push out another week. Not happy at all.

Maybe I will get lucky and there will be new incentives starting in April? The Ranger doesn't seem to be selling around here? I ordered the first Ranger at the largest dealer in my area and they have yet to sell one off the lot. Unfortunately, they do not have any close to my build. Looking at the other 4 dealers within 30 miles of here, they all seem to have the same Rangers on the lot that they started with? Seems to me they are going to have to start discounting them to get them moving?

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The Ranger isn't selling at all around here. I ordered the first Ranger at the largest dealer in my area and they have yet to sell one off the lot. Unfortunately, they do not have any close to my build. Looking at the other 4 dealers within 30 miles of here, they all seem to have the same Rangers on the lot that they started with? Seems to me they are going to have to start discounting them to get them moving?
On average, a car from a decent-selling model sits on a lot for a month or so before someone buys it. (For perspective, the average Canyon sits on a lot for 4 months.) That's an average, so some will take less than a month and some will take more. There aren't many rangers out there more than a month old, so it's far too early for chicken little anecdotes about rangers that can't sell. For every story about dealers with stock on hand, there are other stories from other places about dealers who can't get enough inventory. It's early enough in the cycle for Ford to send more trucks to good markets and fewer to bad markets--part of re-entering a segment you've been out of for a while is finding out which markets are which, and pre-release research only gets you so far. I wouldn't expect massive discounts until late in the year, if they need to clear space for MY20 trucks that probably won't hit until January. Ford has a better idea of what sales look like than random dudes on the internet, and there's more than enough opportunity for them to cut daily production or close out MY production earlier if they had any concerns that they'd be stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory. The fact that they haven't done either suggests that they have no such concerns. By the end of the year I expect the Ranger will outsell the Frontier, and be competing in the same range as the Colorado. The big question is whether the Tacoma takes a hit between the Ranger & the Gladiator--their numbers are down a bit and they are offering discounts already--or whether the new trucks pull buyers from somewhere else.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yea, for sure, my dealer just typed my name and address in the system and they both were valid.
Update: I visited my dealer today, and he did exactly as you mentioned, and I do qualify for both rebates! The only issue now is that my Ranger is still in transit - but due any day now. If it's not in by Saturday, I'm sort of willing to sign off on everything just to get the additional $750.
Sponsored