What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

skiteacher

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Blackout
Occupation
Manager
I just bought 2021 Lariat yesterday at AutoNation in Torrance. I paid MSRP.

2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 501A Package
FX4 Off-road Package
Blackout Package
Tow Package

$45,770 MSRP on the window sticker (today that build is $46,665)
$2000 Ford Trade Rebate
And, an extra $1000 on my trade.

And, this was the first price they gave me. The only negotiation I did was let them know this was the 3rd truck I had looked at, and I walked out of the other two dealers because they were adding $5000 dealer markup, and $3000 under on my trade.

I'm happy with the sales process at the dealership, and I recommend them.
Sponsored

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I built my order on Aug 10 using the 'Your Ford Your Way' web site builder, I sent it to dealer and they contacted me there're not marking up, selling @ MSRP $33,185 for my particular build, the salesman said I would be eligible for the $1000 'build it' incentive, my question for anyone who knows about the X plan thru Mustang Club would I have to had told the dealer already or when I go into the finance office to sign all the papers? I also signed the order invoice and left a deposit to get the order placed.
Thanks Rob.
I would think you can show them the Xplan when you go to buy it. I did tell them Xplan right from the start but I think you can spring that on them at time before delivery. I would tell them ahead of time so they don't have to print your paperwork twice. they will need to know your Xplan PIN number. And there is rules about being a member of Mustang club of America for 90 days before X plan applies. (some dealers will read that different).

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Thanks for the replys, I thought the Mustang Club was 60 days waiting period, 90 not going to work cause mine is being built week beginning 9/26 I would think its not going to take 2 more months to get it delivered, anyone have delivery timeline experience?
Thanks.

ak47p

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Ford Sales Representative
Hi ,

Would you happen to know how the x-plan is applied to the price? Is it on the price of the truck before taxes? I've been shopping a Ranger XLT Supercab/302A/FX4 and I spoke with a dealer and the prices he was quoting me didn't make any sense. Even the price of the truck + taxes didn't equal my calculations in my super duper spreadsheet analysis :)

Thanks for the info!
No problem! X plan is 4% above invoice cost. As an X-Plan member just obtain your PIN and tell your dealership right away that you have X Plan. As an X-Plan PIN holder you have the right to look at the Invoice which will show you the "A-Plan" otherwise known as Invoice pricing, or what the dealer pays. From there just do a Invoice Price x 1.04 and bam you know your exact "Price of Vehicle". That also being said they need to remove any Admin related costs, and fill the tank full of fuel on delivery.

Now if there are accessories or protection packages already on the vehicle and it's listed online then unfortunately they don't need to remove those and it would be your expense. My suggestion is looking at the MSRP of the vehicle and if it matches the dealerships online price then you know they don't have any additional fees.

Last edited:

ak47p

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I would think you can show them the Xplan when you go to buy it. I did tell them Xplan right from the start but I think you can spring that on them at time before delivery. I would tell them ahead of time so they don't have to print your paperwork twice. they will need to know your Xplan PIN number. And there is rules about being a member of Mustang club of America for 90 days before X plan applies. (some dealers will read that different).
Sadly this is incorrect. A deposit was made and a bill was signed on that price. Dealership had the right to refuse the X-Plan. X-Plan rules stare you need to immediately inform the dealer before anything is agreed upon. If you only have a signed build sheet then you still have the opportunity to use it however the still have the chance to refuse it. If you have a signed bill of sale, and a credit application already run through the system they've got you locked in and can hold you legally liable for the purchase of the truck on the agreed upon price.

Also no dealership will take your word for X Plan. 90 days or not with Mustang Club of America. They don't care where your X plan is from. They care about your PIN, your last 4 digits on your social security number, and when they click the apply button it gets accepted. If it doesn't they'll turn ya down.

Last edited:

ak47p

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Thanks for the replys, I thought the Mustang Club was 60 days waiting period, 90 not going to work cause mine is being built week beginning 9/26 I would think its not going to take 2 more months to get it delivered, anyone have delivery timeline experience?
Thanks.
I think you need to call YOUR dealer in NJ and see what they say about this whole situation.

ak47p

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
This is incorrect. It's calculated as follows: Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

LINK
Hm. Must be American. To be honest that article is from 2019.. :p I could very well be wrong though!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, I purchased my Ranger on Monday this week. I went in with an X Plan certificate. The truck I was interested in had an extra $3k tacked onto the MSRP, I told the salesman that was a show stopper and I expected to get the vehicle at X Plan pricing. I had purchased 4 other Fords from this dealer and the sales manager told me he didn't want to lose my business. The price he quoted was $1100 lower than the X Plan price. They also honored the $100 limit on documentation fees that X Plan requires. There were no rebates listed for the Ranger but the business manager found me a $500 rebate that was listed as a trade in allowance.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I built my order on Aug 10 using the 'Your Ford Your Way' web site builder, I sent it to dealer and they contacted me there're not marking up, selling @ MSRP $33,185 for my particular build, the salesman said I would be eligible for the $1000 'build it' incentive, my question for anyone who knows about the X plan thru Mustang Club would I have to had told the dealer already or when I go into the finance office to sign all the papers? I also signed the order invoice and left a deposit to get the order placed.
Thanks Rob.
I asked this exact question to my dealer through email.
I originally ordered a maverick, signed the order form and paid a $100 deposit.
I later emailed and requested a change to a ranger and had no problem doing that.
I asked if I need to sign a new order form and if my original deposit would go to the ranger.
Dealer said deposit does go to the ranger but I do not need to sign a new order form.
Got my order confirmation on 7/12, my vin on 7/16 and my build date on 8/23 (build of 9/1)
With the maverick order I in passing said I would use x-plan but no other conversation about.
On Sun 8/22 I sent this email
"Would I be able to get the x-plan pricing with my mustang club membership?
And would the cash incentive plans (PGM#38150 / #14010) still be active on delivery"

Got a reply from the dealer today
"Yes, if you have the X-plan pin we will be able to apply it towards your vehicle. As far as the incentive plan, looks like it doesn't expire until October 4th. So, if the vehicle arrives before then we will be able to use that as well."

So I would email you dealer now about the x-plan

Mackman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
This is the Deal I have Order from your Ford Dealer on or before 9/30/21 and receive a $1,000 I was told my Truck could come in anytime

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I asked this exact question to my dealer through email.
I originally ordered a maverick, signed the order form and paid a $100 deposit.
I later emailed and requested a change to a ranger and had no problem doing that.
I asked if I need to sign a new order form and if my original deposit would go to the ranger.
Dealer said deposit does go to the ranger but I do not need to sign a new order form.
Got my order confirmation on 7/12, my vin on 7/16 and my build date on 8/23 (build of 9/1)
With the maverick order I in passing said I would use x-plan but no other conversation about.
On Sun 8/22 I sent this email
"Would I be able to get the x-plan pricing with my mustang club membership?
And would the cash incentive plans (PGM#38150 / #14010) still be active on delivery"

Got a reply from the dealer today
"Yes, if you have the X-plan pin we will be able to apply it towards your vehicle. As far as the incentive plan, looks like it doesn't expire until October 4th. So, if the vehicle arrives before then we will be able to use that as well."

So I would email you dealer now about the x-plan
Thanks that's encouraging info.

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
Bought my 2021 XLT 4x4 301a Labor Day weekend. Sticker was $37,335, I paid $37k and then had $3k in Labor Day trade-assist cash. I didn't trade anything in but wife's lease is expiring in November so we qualified. Bought from AutoNation Ford in Tustin. I was being quoted $3k-$10k above sticker from every other dealer. AuoNation made it super easy. I looked at everything in this class (even the very outdated Frontier and the 2022 Frontier). Ranger won out. Stoked with the truck.

Ranger.jpg
Sponsored