What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
When I was shopping Ford had different rebates depending on where you were located. The sales people implied that they had the U.S. split up into zones or regions and you were only eligible for rebates offered in your zip code. For reference I live in Iowa City, IA and my rebates were the same as Chicago, I was told by multiple dealers that MN dealers had different rebates as did the dealers in Des Moines.
Yes, but which applies when someone flies across the country to purchase out of their own state ?
Sponsored

FrostySaguaro

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 super crew Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales
Yes, but which applies when someone flies across the country to purchase out of their own state ?
From what I have been told your address that you register the automobile is the zip code they use to apply any incentives. so if you fly out of state the out of state dealership will input your zip code to see what deals you are eligible for. I could be wrong but this was my understanding after talking to multiple dealerships in multiple states/regions.

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
2021 Ranger, SCab, 4X2, Lariat. Race Red
Black appearance package
501A Technology package
Electronic differential
Tow Package
The missing tiedown hooks
Black platinum tailgate letters
the tailgate assist
The missing Lariat engine cover.

Other cost:
Dealer prep fee
Delivery fee
Taxes and fees
Interest on the loan. 2.29% for 60 months.

Once the loan is paid off i will have paid them a total of $40,680.00
Beside the $21400 loan, I gave them a beat 2013 Mazda 3 worth nothing to me and $15000. in cash. my payments will be about $378.00 a month. Financed with my bank for convenience.

on paper I received a $1750.00 rebate and $1400 off MSRP

if this truck was available as a 2020 in December I could have saved about $5000.00 on the cost. Given that I bought the truck the way I wanted it not the way the dealer ordered it I am very happy with the cost.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I paid $24,500 for my 2020 XLT Supercab in November, it was one of their courtesy demos with 2k on the clock. They had about a dozen to pick from at that price, which included Sport pkg, bedliner and 6 months Sirius subscription. I was very impressed with this dealers transparency and zero pressure. Plus they gave me 6500 for my 05 Taco with 200k miles.

Last edited:

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Been shopping for a 2020/2021 xlt crew cab with minimum fx4 and 301mid package since last September and I honestly cannot get a quote for under 40k otd in the WA state snohomish/king county area. I even pit 7 dealerships against each other and no one cared.

im sorry, but i feel many ppl purchase OTD quotes on here are misleading and or lying, i wish more ppl would provide proof. Reason i say this is not to complain, but to have others have a realistic expectation when shopping. Or maybe WA state sales isnt slowing down and so dealers dont care.... i guess thats possible.

search is probably done for now, ill probably wait to see what happens in the coming months or end of year.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Invoice less a $1250 rebate. If rebates improve I get them, if they get worse I'll get the $1250. This is on a 2021 loaded Lariat Tremor I ordered through local dealer.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
From what I have been told your address that you register the automobile is the zip code they use to apply any incentives. so if you fly out of state the out of state dealership will input your zip code to see what deals you are eligible for. I could be wrong but this was my understanding after talking to multiple dealerships in multiple states/regions.
This is correct. Registration zip code is what is used for all rebates.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Finally got one, i wish i paid at least a thousand less but whatever.

2020 black xlt crew cab
- 301mid
- fx4
- black appearance pkg
- bed spray
- tow pkg

msrp $40148
Otd $36230

F5C3A206-4865-45A0-8131-F6001DD44BE4.jpeg
Ranger pics please . . . or it's just a piece of paper. :clap:

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Been shopping for a 2020/2021 xlt crew cab with minimum fx4 and 301mid package since last September and I honestly cannot get a quote for under 40k otd in the WA state snohomish/king county area. I even pit 7 dealerships against each other and no one cared.

im sorry, but i feel many ppl purchase OTD quotes on here are misleading and or lying, i wish more ppl would provide proof. Reason i say this is not to complain, but to have others have a realistic expectation when shopping. Or maybe WA state sales isnt slowing down and so dealers dont care.... i guess thats possible.

search is probably done for now, ill probably wait to see what happens in the coming months or end of year.
But that's more than sticker price...

2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew®, 5' Box, 4x4, 2.3L EcoBoost Engine with Auto Start-Stop Technology, Electronic Ten-Speed Automatic Transmission, 3.73 Electronic-Locking Axle Ratio$34,745
  • Base MSRP $34,745
  • Total of Options $2,465
  • Destination Charges $1,195
  • Acquisition Fee $645
  • Total MSRP $39,050
  • Available Incentives $0
Estimated Net PriceS5$39,050

Even a brand new 2021 XLT crew Fx4 301A is "only" 39k. So basically you're saying that you have to pay full sticker price when car buying?

I guess you do have a 6.5% sales tax which would be $2,538.25, for a total of 41,588.25. Even still, sounds like you're getting "offers" of full sticker. Perhaps the inventory is just very low and they don't feel a need to offer any discount?

I do agree, some people saying they paid 32k on a 42k sticker seems unbelievable. It seems to me that some of the fees are bogus, like the "acquisition fee" and the destination fee (some people have offered to pick it up but they still tack on that 1200), but you're going to eat the tax. I would think something like 35k to 37k (before tax) on a 42 sticker would seem about right.

Have you tried a more conservative (less liberal/tied up by red tape due to covid) area like Texas? I'd be very curious to know if there are any differences and to what extent those differences might be.

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Been looking at leftover 2020 Lariat, but came upon this 2019 with only 6,000mi. Pretty much fully loaded, but they are asking $37,000, which seems very high given it's 2yrs old at this point, although it is certified. I've gotten some prices on new 2020s of which there are only a handful left for $39,900 for almost the same features.
I told the dealer to give me their best price, but I was thinking this truck shouldn't fetch more than $35,000 before any taxes and fees. Thoughts?
https://www.imperialfordmilford.com...d-Ranger-1fe0fb5d0a0e0ae8632ffabe0cdf8a2d.htm

Also Carfax indicates this was originally sold to Canada dealer then ended up in US. Is that common?

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Been looking at leftover 2020 Lariat, but came upon this 2019 with only 6,000mi. Pretty much fully loaded, but they are asking $37,000, which seems very high given it's 2yrs old at this point, although it is certified. I've gotten some prices on new 2020s of which there are only a handful left for $39,900 for almost the same features.
I told the dealer to give me their best price, but I was thinking this truck shouldn't fetch more than $35,000 before any taxes and fees. Thoughts?
https://www.imperialfordmilford.com...d-Ranger-1fe0fb5d0a0e0ae8632ffabe0cdf8a2d.htm
For what it's worth, this truck is listed on Truecar, which assesses the price as "fair" compared to market value.

That's nearly $3k discount on essentially the same truck (year-to-year changes have been so minor that the model year is just a number if you plant to keep it long term), especially since it is certified. However, don't pay more than you're comfortable with. If $35k is what you think is fair, tell that to the dealer, give them your phone number, and tell them, "If you figure out a way to make it work, give me a call before I sign the papers on the new Ranger across town." If they don't call, oh well.