First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Only reason would be the added annoyance of having to re-run the delete tool and the map update again.
Glad I ran it again. I ran the delete tool and map update again and it loaded perfectly. It took another 1.5 hours. At 30 minutes the map showed up and for the remaining time there were no issues or navigation faults. All of the voice commands are back and actually work better than they did when we bought the truck.

Thanks for your help. I learned a lot.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Glad I ran it again. I ran the delete tool and map update again and it loaded perfectly. It took another 1.5 hours. At 30 minutes the map showed up and for the remaining time there were no issues or navigation faults. All of the voice commands are back and actually work better than they did when we bought the truck.

Thanks for your help. I learned a lot.
Great, glad you got it working.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Do 2020 trucks already have the latest GPS maps?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020’s have the latest in production, 18q1. At some point they may switch to newer software that comes with 19q1 when that goes to production in a bit.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Well after 3 months I finally got my maps to update and then look what happened :-(
574638FF-806C-4B11-B179-AD953C0A5CFC.jpeg
OUCH! What happened? That looks pretty bad - that is a lot of damage. Hopefully you (and anyone else that was in the truck at the time) are OK.

I'm sorry, Jerry. Let us know what happens with insurance.

Minky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Great, glad you got it working.
I received the download notice. Went through all the steps. Thought everything was good but later found that the Voice Recognition for Navigation was missing. I had deleted my zip file, reformatted the USB stick, deleted the email with instructions. I tried to re-download but that is not an option. I called Ford and they told me I was allowed only one free download. Now I need to pay the $40 to have a USB sent to me. That is absolutely rediculous.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received the download notice. Went through all the steps. Thought everything was good but later found that the Voice Recognition for Navigation was missing. I had deleted my zip file, reformatted the USB stick, deleted the email with instructions. I tried to re-download but that is not an option. I called Ford and they told me I was allowed only one free download. Now I need to pay the $40 to have a USB sent to me. That is absolutely rediculous.
Call the help line on the website for map updates. They should be able to re-send you the link to download.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did call them. They are the ones that told me I get 1 free download and now must pay.
They should be able to re-send you a link. I believe others have done that as well if they needed it again from deleting the original confirmation. Maybe call again? Different person may be more helpful.

SAZ Ranger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2wd
Occupation
Retired
I updated my maps last weekend, almost went wrong. Followed the instructions to make the USB as directed. A Ford dealer video I watched said it would take about an hour or a little over. Right on schedule (about 80 minutes) I got a message saying the map update was complete. I was driving at the time so I started looking for a place to park the truck when I looked down and it said it was doing a system update so I kept driving for about another 20 minutes when it said it was complete again and the update would take place on my next restart. Everything is fine. The video I watched didn't mention the system update. Maybe that is what is causing trouble for some people. Here is the video I watched

So when your map update is complete, keep everything running for about another 5 minutes just in case it also does a system update too. If it does keep driving or leave your engine running until the update is over and you get the complete message again and the update would take place on your next restart message.

Just luck that I saw the second message. I hope this is good advice, worked for me.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
For all those having trouble. Cyanlabs has a great tool for completing your updates. While it took a long time to download all the required files and set up the flash drive, it only took about 25 mins to run the entire update on the truck. I ran into an issue where I had to use their downgrade tool, but everything is really easy as long as you read their instructions and pay attention to the options in their program to download the files. It might be worth looking into rather than dealing with call centers and service techs that are trying to keep up with all the mechanical updates along with extra software, probably with late training.

Minky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
They should be able to re-send you a link. I believe others have done that as well if they needed it again from deleting the original confirmation. Maybe call again? Different person may be more helpful.
Thank you for the encouragement to try again. However, I tried 3 times and got the same response. I finally gave up and purchased the update.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I was checking for my ESN number to do the update on my 2020 and in looking for it, I noticed that an automatic update was done yesterday while I was driving. Automatic updates is turned on. Is this referring to a Sync update, navigation or both?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
They should be able to create a simple process that doesn't require all this bs. But they have a bottom feeder business model that depends on windfall income from people who can't figure out how to get through the bs.

The fact that they created a free download process and a pay thumb drive then added in big print that they won't help if your free download doesn't work pretty much tells you what you need to know.
Sponsored