First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Check if anything shows up in the IVSU Versions menu. You'll look for the 14G421 and 14G422 items. Did you power cycle after running the map delete utility? I've personally never used that one, so it's not clear to me if it needs that reset first or not.
Yes I power cycled after running the delete utility. The instructions I received specifically said to turn the ignition off and wait for everything to power down before running the install. I am not familiar with the IVSU Versions menu.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Yes I power cycled after running the delete utility. The instructions I received specifically said to turn the ignition off and wait for everything to power down before running the install. I am not familiar with the IVSU Versions menu.
So, push and hold both seek forward buttons (steering wheel + IP panel) for ~10 seconds. End the speaker walk around. Select the APIM item, then IVSU Versions. It'll show you a list of what all is installed on the unit.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
So, push and hold both seek forward buttons (steering wheel + IP panel) for ~10 seconds. End the speaker walk around. Select the APIM item, then IVSU Versions. It'll show you a list of what all is installed on the unit.
Forgive me for my acronym ignorance, but what is IP panel? I push both up buttons on the steering wheel but get no response. What am I missing? Never mind, just found it.

ED898430-55C5-4F38-BF63-427A19A4F640.jpeg

50F736B5-1772-46C8-9B9C-DD43EF01DF92.jpeg

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgive me for my acronym ignorance, but what is IP panel? I push both up buttons on the steering wheel but get no response. What am I missing? Never mind, just found it.

ED898430-55C5-4F38-BF63-427A19A4F640.jpeg

50F736B5-1772-46C8-9B9C-DD43EF01DF92.jpeg
Looks like it's all there. One thing you can try is running a master reset in case it had some problem mounting the new images. You also see the 4U5T-14G424-CB listed as well, correct?

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Looks like it's all there. One thing you can try is running a master reset in case it had some problem mounting the new images. You also see the 4U5T-14G424-CB listed as well, correct?
Not seeing the 4U5T-14G424-CB when it would let me scroll down. Doesn’t let me do that now.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
I just checked my thumb drive and see 4U5T-14G424-CB.TAR.GZ. All in caps if that matters.

Also tried the master reset with no luck.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked my thumb drive and see 4U5T-14G424-CB.TAR.GZ. All in caps if that matters.

Also tried the master reset with no luck.
Last thing I can think of to try, short of running the entire spiel again is... save a backup copy of the autoinstall.lst file on the map update drive. Then, edit the one still on the drive (you can use Notepad or similar) to contain:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = Map-License
Open1 = SyncMyRide\4U5T-14G424-CB.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

Just in case, for whatever reason, there was some glitch with updating the license file. The map and voice data is there, so the license *should* be there. Won't hurt to try.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Last thing I can think of to try, short of running the entire spiel again is... save a backup copy of the autoinstall.lst file on the map update drive. Then, edit the one still on the drive (you can use Notepad or similar) to contain:

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = Map-License
Options = AutoInstall

Just in case, for whatever reason, there was some glitch with updating the license file. The map and voice data is there, so the license *should* be there. Won't hurt to try.
Wouldn't the filenames be case sensitive? Isn't the OS some linux derivative?

Case sensitivity gets me every time.....

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Never tried it that i can recall. Wouldn't surprise me though. Usually I'll drop the .gz or something by mistake in a copy and paste. You'd see a LST error if that was the case to indicate it can't find an expected file.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect

;

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = Map-License
Options = AutoInstall

just opened it in notes and it appears to be encrypted (looks Chinese). Guess I will do the install process again just for fun.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
;

just opened it in notes and it appears to be encrypted (looks Chinese). Guess I will do the install process again just for fun.
Did you open it with notepad? It's possible it somehow got corrupted if it's nonsense characters.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, yes Notepad. Wouldn’t it have caused an error during install if it was corrupted?
Yes, it would have, or it never would have run. I've had the same happen to me before but never figured out where/how the file got corrupted.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Yes, it would have, or it never would have run. I've had the same happen to me before but never figured out where/how the file got corrupted.
I had more than one copy of that key file and all of them looked the same when opened with notepad. Is there any reason I shouldn’t do the install again? It is completely screwed up right now so I don’t guess it could not get any worse.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had more than one copy of that key file and all of them looked the same when opened with notepad. Is there any reason I shouldn’t do the install again? It is completely screwed up right now so I don’t guess it could not get any worse.
Only reason would be the added annoyance of having to re-run the delete tool and the map update again.
Sponsored