First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Appears my MY22 is eligible for a complimentary update.

Don‘t know what my current map version is.
Sponsored

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Appears my MY22 is eligible for a complimentary update.

Don‘t know what my current map version is.
When I got my 21 in 21 it had NA 1 19 maps. I updated it for free to the NA 1 20 maps. Last year I updated it for free to the NA 2 21 maps. Last night I down loaded the 22 maps for free.

GManRanger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT FX4 18" AT
Occupation
Pilot
When I got my 21 in 21 it had NA 1 19 maps. I updated it for free to the NA 1 20 maps. Last year I updated it for free to the NA 2 21 maps. Last night I down loaded the 22 maps for free.
Did you get the 12GB Sync32.zip file downloaded (along with the License file) & then unzip it to see folder “SyncMyRide” and two files: auto install.lst & DONTINDX.MSA ?
Then following instructions we are to copy that folder + 2 files AND the license file onto a correctly formatted USB stick.
Did you get that far??
Then…
Install in truck.

I have a fast/solid internet connection & it took 3HRS to download the 12GB MAP file. The Ford servers are SLOW 😡
Then 30min for the unzipped files to transfer to the USB stick.
During the past 1.5 days I tried to download that MAP file 9 times ….NINE!
7 of those times the download failed after 2+ hours …very frustrating.
The two times I got the 12GB map file to fully download, unzip & copy onto a correctly formatted stick AND THEN attempt truck install >>> the same ERROR code appeared: LST_ERR05 …which means “the license file is not on the usb stick.”
Wrong Ford… my correct license file was correctly copied on the stick.
I called Ford Cust Support 800# and got transferred to IVT (In Vechicle Tech) support. They confirmed I did everything right, apologized for the slow download time saying their servers were getting slammed. Then the tech had me read the file names within the unzipped SyncMyRide folder (see pic.) Tech said that cuz my SYNC version is 3.4.xxxxx, there should be another file within there with a middle number group -14G424-
With that file missing the truck does not see the license file on the stick.
Solution? Can they just email me that missing file?? Nope.
Start over & try again. Arrrggh…..
So another 3hr download, unzip, copy files, and back to truck for the SAME result 😡

Called Ford again. They have now “escalated it to IVT Research.” I said great, in the meantime will you send me the pre-loaded $40 USB stick free? “Sorry Sir, I’m unable to do that; wait for the IVT Research team to contact you.”

There ya go, that’s my experience thus far trying to get an updated MAP file into my 2023 XLT.
Good luck everyone.

GManRanger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT FX4 18" AT
Occupation
Pilot
Did you get the 12GB Sync32.zip file downloaded (along with the License file) & then unzip it to see folder “SyncMyRide” and two files: auto install.lst & DONTINDX.MSA ?
Then following instructions we are to copy that folder + 2 files AND the license file onto a correctly formatted USB stick.
Did you get that far??
Then…
Install in truck.

I have a fast/solid internet connection & it took 3HRS to download the 12GB MAP file. The Ford servers are SLOW 😡
The two times I got the 12GB map file to fully download, unzip & copy onto a correctly formatted stick AND THEN attempt truck install >>> the same ERROR code appeared: LST_ERR05 …which means “the license file is not on the usb stick.”
I called Ford Cust Support 800# and got transferred to IVT (In Vechicle Tech) support. They confirmed I did everything right, apologized for the slow download time saying their servers were getting slammed. Then the tech had me read the file names within the unzipped SyncMyRide folder (see pic.) Tech said that cuz my SYNC version is 3.4.xxxxx, there should be another file within there with a middle number group -14G424-
So another 3hr download, unzip, copy files, and back to truck for the SAME result 😡

Called Ford again. They have now “escalated it to IVT Research.” I said great, in the meantime will you send me the pre-loaded $40 USB stick free? “Sorry Sir, I’m unable to do that; wait for the IVT Research team to contact you.”

There ya go, that’s my experience thus far trying to get an updated MAP file into my 2023 XLT.
Good luck everyone.
IMG_0465.jpeg

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Do you have Sync 3.4 22251 build? If not update the Sync3 version first.

GManRanger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT FX4 18" AT
Occupation
Pilot
Do you have Sync 3.4 22251 build? If not update the Sync3 version first.
I have SYNC 3.4.21194 and did ask about .22251 Two diff techs said, “No, .21194 is the correct current SYNC for your truck.”
I do find that confusing. Why would a MY23 XLT/FX4 not be using the latest SYNC version?
But the bigger question is still, why are needed files missing from in the map download in the first place causing the error?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I have SYNC 3.4.21194 and did ask about .22251 Two diff techs said, “No, .21194 is the correct current SYNC for your truck.”
I do find that confusing. Why would a MY23 XLT/FX4 not be using the latest SYNC version?
But the bigger question is still, why are needed files missing from in the map download in the first place causing the error?
I read specifically on the map download site it must be updated to the latest version which is 22251 build. Hey just trying to help out. It’s a total PITA I get it. The Sync3 update is about half as painful as the map upgrade only about 6gb

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Did you get that far??
Then…
Install in truck.

Good luck everyone.
I believe the ‘14G424’ is the license file. Are you sure you added the license file to the ‘SyncMyRide‘ folder on the USB?

You can also look in the ‘autoinstall.lst’ file to see all of the files it is looking for and the file names should match.

GManRanger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT FX4 18" AT
Occupation
Pilot
I believe the ‘14G424’ is the license file. Are you sure you added the license file to the ‘SyncMyRide‘ folder on the USB?

You can also look in the ‘autoinstall.lst’ file to see all of the files it is looking for and the file names should match.
Yep 100% sure I added the downloaded license file to the stick exactly as the instructions outlined. The missing 14G424 file is what triggers SYNC to recognize the separate license file that we have to download & copy to the usb stick.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Yep 100% sure I added the downloaded license file to the stick exactly as the instructions outlined. The missing 14G424 file is what triggers SYNC to recognize the separate license file that we have to download & copy to the usb stick.
OK, but I have saved every map update for my Ranger and my Fusion and the only file that has 14G424 in the name for any of them is the actual license file. The only one I do not have is this year’s Ranger update since I have to pay and I’m not sure it is worth it right now. I do find it hard to believe that they would have changed the file name structure this time around.

If you have the actual license file on the USB, but in the root folder and not the SyncMyRide folder, you get the error that you are reporting.

Do you have screenshots of the USB file structure (both the root folder and the SyncMyRide folder)? And, what is the name of your license file?

GManRanger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger XLT FX4 18" AT
Occupation
Pilot
OK, but I have saved every map update for my Ranger and my Fusion and the only file that has 14G424 in the name for any of them is the actual license file. The only one I do not have is this year’s Ranger update since I have to pay and I’m not sure it is worth it right now. I do find it hard to believe that they would have changed the file name structure this time around.

If you have the actual license file on the USB, but in the root folder and not the SyncMyRide folder, you get the error that you are reporting.

Do you have screenshots of the USB file structure (both the root folder and the SyncMyRide folder)? And, what is the name of your license file?
YOU, friend to idiot me & all others reading this just solved my entire issue & likely helped others… I had the license file in the usb root rather than the SyncMyRide folder.
I'm a total dweeb…. Sorry everyone & big THX to alcohenusa 👍🏼

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
They want $109 to update my '19.... or $199 for 5 year pass... my last update was free

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
YOU, friend to idiot me & all others reading this just solved my entire issue & likely helped others… I had the license file in the usb root rather than the SyncMyRide folder.
I'm a total dweeb…. Sorry everyone & big THX to alcohenusa 👍🏼
I‘ve been there!!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Did you get that far??
Then…
Install in truck.

Initially I was using FireFox to download the files and it created the Sync32.zip file then just thrashed after that. I tried again with Edge and the files downloaded in about 30 minutes.

It took about 20 to 30 minutes to transfer the files to the USB stick.

I will go for a drive when I have an update to install. It was a little over 30 minutes when I got the first prompt to restart my truck. It was another 15 minutes or so after that it was finished and I had NA 2 22 maps installed.

Have not noticed anything different yet. I live in Massachusetts and the highway exit numbers have always been sequential. A few years back they renumbered and them based on mileage. NA 2 21 was updated for most of the renumbering, I hope that NA 2 22 catches the rest, but won't know until I actually navigate on the highways that weren't updated.

OP
OP
SigOris

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Did you get that far??
Then…
Install in truck.

Good luck everyone.
I too must have downloaded and extracted that file several different ways to get it to work

when I was on the phone with them I asked about a new sync rev coming out and it appears one is coming in September. My guess there’s changes to support the upcoming iOS 17 release. More fun in September 😳😛🤪😜😩
Sponsored