Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
My thumb drive is exfat
I gave everything on my drive I got from ford my sync is 3.3
Sponsored

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The only suggestion I have is to get a new / different usb flash drive and download the files yourself, follow the instructions and try again. Just because your usb drive came from Ford, doesn't mean it for sure undamaged or even corrupt. Trying a different one and downloading the files yourself would be a good test

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
The only suggestion I have is to get a new / different usb flash drive and download the files yourself, follow the instructions and try again. Just because your usb drive came from Ford, doesn't mean it for sure undamaged or even corrupt. Trying a different one and downloading the files yourself would be a good test

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I will try, when I have time. I am not traveling right now!

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
If you've run a map update, and it all works, you're likely on that version. You can look up the packages installed in the diag screen to check if it's the expected ones.
Mine still shows 1.1.7. I do not find any diag screen that will show installed packages. Can you please tell us which screen that is on?

Lone Ranger

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew, 2019 Ford Flex
Me too, I just looked. Function buttons work on the bezel but no option for climate on the touchscreen display. Not a biggie for me at this moment. I will likely wait for official release and redo as opposed to forscan effort.
SandBaja, did you ever get 3.4 working correctly? I waited to see what would happen with the attempts of other Ranger5G members, but have not even downloaded Synch 3.4. Now it appears Ford is not providing any updates beyond 3.3. Have you learned anything different ?

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
SandBaja, did you ever get 3.4 working correctly? I waited to see what would happen with the attempts of other Ranger5G members, but have not even downloaded Synch 3.4. Now it appears Ford is not providing any updates beyond 3.3. Have you learned anything different ?
Yes, I did. 3.4 and 119 maps and climate control all work. If you were nearby I'd offer to meet and help you in person. Sequentially, I did the Map 119 first (3.4 wasn't out) and did 3.4 afterwards and lost climate. I bought a $20 forscan adaptor and fixed the climate setting. With 3.4 I did have the constant reboot issue during installation (solved by just pulling the stick out after a full cycle) and I never got the completion xml file but did not care. I figured Ford could pull that info when they are better setup with remote connections.

Personally, I like 3.4 over 3.3 and earlier. I hope they fix and deliver a better package for those that haven't attempted this yet.

IIRC correctly tips:
1. Use a 32GB or larger USB stick, formatted per instructions
2. Use drivers side USB port
3. Triple check file structure after unzipping to the USB drive (lots of folks had this issue)
4. Make sure the license file is in the right directory

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Mine still shows 1.1.7. I do not find any diag screen that will show installed packages. Can you please tell us which screen that is on?
It'll show 17 unless you update while on v3.4. Diag is the IVSU Versions screen where you'll check the file names against the thumb drive. Realistically if you let it run the full time, and voice commands work, it's updated.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
IVSU Versions screen where you'll check the file names against the thumb drive.
Ok thanks. I'll spin through the screens again and look for the IVSU screen. I don't recall ever seeing that screen. BTW, is your truck a NA truck?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I updated to 3.4 and it shows I'm on maps 118. Went to Ford's web site, put in my VIN/ESN and Ford wants to sell me a $40 USB for 119. C'mon, man!

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I updated to 3.4 and it shows I'm on maps 118. Went to Ford's web site, put in my VIN/ESN and Ford wants to sell me a $40 USB for 119. C'mon, man!
Might be wrong, but I think they charge for sending a USB out, but over the air is free?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
If the site is only offering the USB, then it thinks you already downloaded the latest update which is 119. If you installed 119 on 3.3, there was a bug that prevented Sync from displaying the updated version number. When you updated to 3.4, the wrong map version was still displayed. To fix that, you will need to reinstall the maps.

When you originally downloaded 119 (assuming you did), you should have received an email order confirmation. That email has a link in it that allows to you re-download for free.

Last edited:

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
If the site is only offering the USB, then it thinks you already downloaded the latest update which is 119. If you installed 119 on 3.3, there was a bug that prevented Sync from displaying the updated version number. When you updated to 3.4, the wrong map version was still displayed. To fix that, you will need to reinstall the maps.

When you originally downloaded 119 (assuming you did), you should have received an email order confirmation. That email has a link in it that allows to you re-download for free.
FYI The email for the Nav download would have come from [email protected] not Ford.

Subject: Order Confirmation – syncnavigation.com

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I installed NA 1 19 today, and it correctly shows the version in Sync 3.4.20282

This monster took over 2 hours to install though. It better be good lol

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient

Never got an email from no-reply@alom. Ford says the file is large for sure and that's why they'll only mail a USB.

I guess that's what makes workarounds like what is on Cyanlabs so attractive.

FYI I got the map update free from Cyan. (cyan.net). Ford has enough of my money.
Sponsored

Last edited: