First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I updated mine this morning, took about 15 minutes. No noticeable problems yet or as expected no visible changes. Tried to upload the log file and kept getting " Upload Failed. Please Try Again.". Oh well...I'll try again later.
Same here on uploading xml file. Called Ford and they were of no help. What a surprise. I upgraded managements MY21 BS OB to this version and was able to upload the xml file. Both vehicles are on the same account. Likely another feature Ford eliminated.
Sponsored

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
This is Ford's answer to the problem:

You can report a successful update: Perform a Key Cycle.
Connect the vehicle to an available Wi-FI network.
Notes:

Wi-Fi signal strength of 4 bars (full strength) with reliable internet service will typically allow SYNC 3 to confirm the update.
It may take up to a month to confirm the update due to network conditions/connectivity.
Owners are currently unable to confirm SYNC 3 software updates on the owner website. This is a known issue
The update will be successfully reported within a month or less.
Very SAD on Fords part

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I was able to complete the update and the green check mark stayed once I uploaded the file

Now onto the maps. Sync took half hour. Maps will be on this weekend's long drive

wdeydwondrer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SCrew FX4
I was able to complete the update and the green check mark stayed once I uploaded the file

Now onto the maps. Sync took half hour. Maps will be on this weekend's long drive
Just did sync also, 25 minutes, no issues. Maps update however is telling me it'll take 8 hours to download.... Ford servers just shat?

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Yup xml file upload fails and Map DL says SN is to old... But it said it completed sucessfully and to remove the usb drive and is on build 22200 my usb was Fat32 not EXFat, anyone successful with fat32? it seems like the xml file is corrupt.

LB

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
I got notification through Ford pass that a map update was available for my 22, but when I put my VIN in it says it's older that 2010 and no sync available. Ha ha. So I go out to the truck turn on the Wifi and it has been downloading and updating for days. It has updated maps to 2/21 from 2/20. So it will update maps over WiFi it just takes several days to complete.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just did sync also, 25 minutes, no issues. Maps update however is telling me it'll take 8 hours to download.... Ford servers just shat?
That's your internet connection/router/modem capability unfortunately. Download it at work if you can. A fast connection will do it in about two hours. Mine took 3.5 to download. The part with the USB in the Car will take about 1-1.5 hours it says

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup xml file upload fails and Map DL says SN is to old... But it said it completed sucessfully and to remove the usb drive and is on build 22200 my usb was Fat32 not EXFat, anyone successful with fat32? it seems like the xml file is corrupt.

LB
Needs to be EXFat

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Did mine yesterday. After 3 days of waiting for the truck to do it itself I downloaded to a USB stick and the upgrade was over in less than 10 minutes. No issues so far ??

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
That's your internet connection/router/modem capability unfortunately. Download it at work if you can. A fast connection will do it in about two hours. Mine took 3.5 to download. The part with the USB in the Car will take about 1-1.5 hours it says
I have the slowest internet Xfinity offers, 300mbits/sec. It took about 15 to 20 minutes to download the map file.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Will the files on my USB for the map update are 11.8GBs, kind hard to do that over WiFi reliably.
I look at it a little different.
The processing power of these head units can handle that job. Thanks to multicore CPU it could restrict the update process to a single thread to reduce impact to UI processing, though there will be some. Also, if the update is streamed in with a transactional update setup the local file system would not need to store all 11GB at once. I think the bigger reason why the Nav update requires USB is that you only get one free one, then you have to pay. The easiest way to prevent accidentally using the free update is to require it be done on the PC and with USB so it is not a mistake when you agree to use that one free update. If they put a "confirm" update button on the dash almost every user would just click it without reading that they are confirming a one-time free nav update.

Last edited:

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Have the update downloaded and extracted to my USB drive. Plan on taking the long route home and installing as I go, being pretty much all highway I'll still burn less fuel than dealing with stop and go and possibly idling for several minutes when I reach the apartment.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Needs to be EXFat
Hi Thx for that yeah tried again last night hoping that was the issue but got the exact same result, cannot upload the XML file. I am on the 22200 so I am good, but would like to DL the 2/21 maps (currently 2/20) but getting the VIN error. Support says wait 30 days... sigh

LB
Sponsored