First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Hi Thx for that yeah tried again last night hoping that was the issue but got the exact same result, cannot upload the XML file. I am on the 22200 so I am good, but would like to DL the 2/21 maps (currently 2/20) but getting the VIN error. Support says wait 30 days... sigh

LB
Don’t waste your time calling FORD. I got, it’s a known issue. Updated my wife’s MY21 BS OB Sync and uploaded the xml file with no issues
Sponsored

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Saw that people were updating without issue, so did it, via USB.

This is what I have now.

3A1D0EE4-46C6-4F7A-966A-C898D7710DD3.jpeg

3EC696B7-E297-4015-B309-CB9ECD7D87A9.jpeg

CC947163-3C58-49FE-96B3-48759B6CDBCB.jpeg

C3D291BA-2872-4FA2-BF77-8ACE8B6286FF.jpeg

CarPlay doesn’t work, no audio in the truck, climate control works from buttons, but no display, master reset is grayed out.

Tomorrow, I’ll disconnect the battery and see if it does anything. Not sure where to go from here. There was no log file on the USB drive. I reformatted the drive and redownloaded the files, but the system won’t pick up on them and do another update, presumably since it’s “up to date.”

Ideas welcome.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Don't disconnect the battery, you need to cycle the key

Shut it down, get out, lock it, drive for a few mins, repeat maybe

Just like a regular computer you need to restart for updates to take effect. Did you receive the confirmation message it was done? The log file is generated at that time so leave the USB disconnected until it tells you to take it out

Last edited:

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Don't disconnect the battery, you need to cycle the key

Shut it down, get out, lock it, drive for a few mins, repeat maybe

Just like a regular computer you need to restart for updates to take effect. Did you receive the confirmation message it was done> The log file is generated at that time so leave the USB disconnected until it tells you to take it out
Unlike flashing the PCM, I did all of that exactly as per instructions on the FordPass site.

wdeydwondrer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SCrew FX4
That's your internet connection/router/modem capability unfortunately. Download it at work if you can. A fast connection will do it in about two hours. Mine took 3.5 to download. The part with the USB in the Car will take about 1-1.5 hours it says
Incorrect. Gig connection and worked just fine for every other connection. Even restarted the download and never made it faster than 900k. Possibly my isp throttling Ford server ?

One fun thing, the map update borked my Bluetooth. Didn't install properly at first and started itself over twice before finishing ok. To be more specific, Bluetooth will connect to whatever phone on start of truck but if that phone disconnects then neither it not another phone can connect until key cycle. Not a terribly big deal since I use AA but annoying

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Update took about 10 minutes, system restarted and told me full changes would be after I restart the Ranger. So will see in the morning when I get to work if the update is fine.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And randomly, it was fine several hours later. Weird.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Incorrect. Gig connection and worked just fine for every other connection. Even restarted the download and never made it faster than 900k. Possibly my isp throttling Ford server ?

One fun thing, the map update borked my Bluetooth. Didn't install properly at first and started itself over twice before finishing ok. To be more specific, Bluetooth will connect to whatever phone on start of truck but if that phone disconnects then neither it not another phone can connect until key cycle. Not a terribly big deal since I use AA but annoying
Yea something is going on with my Bluetooth too, having trouble connecting, won't let me delete the phone to re-pair it, maybe need master reset. I haven't had time to see what the deal is yet, on this weekend's long trip ill see and also update the maps

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Like others, the XML file won't upload. =(
From the thread SYNC 3.4.21194 Update:

Interestingly, although I used CyanLabs to download the update rather than downloading the update from the official Ford site, the Ford site now recognizes that the update was made. I never received the XML file. I do have the Ranger setup for automatic updates so I believe that my Ranger reported the update to Ford as part of the communications between the Ranger and Ford. We all know that the communication occurs for updating FordPass, and allowing remote start, remote lock and unlock, etc.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
From the thread SYNC 3.4.21194 Update:

Interestingly, although I used CyanLabs to download the update rather than downloading the update from the official Ford site, the Ford site now recognizes that the update was made. I never received the XML file. I do have the Ranger setup for automatic updates so I believe that my Ranger reported the update to Ford as part of the communications between the Ranger and Ford. We all know that the communication occurs for updating FordPass, and allowing remote start, remote lock and unlock, etc.
I may need to pull the Ranger onto the yard to get closer to the router! Thanks for the info and I'll keep an eye on it.

I suppose that if the wi-fi connection confirms it, then my Ford account should no longer show that an update is available.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I may need to pull the Ranger onto the yard to get closer to the router! Thanks for the info and I'll keep an eye on it.

I suppose that if the wi-fi connection confirms it, then my Ford account should no longer show that an update is available.
A ford csr told me could take up to month for that message to disappear

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
This is all really stupid. do all ford models have to put up with this foolishness? what about other manufacturers (chevy, gm, dodge, gmac)?
Sponsored