Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys n gals, just a head's up - there's a new Sync 3 update available through owner.ford.com . You might also be able to get this as an OTA update if you check manually.

6n6JLsc.png

NHG0BAh.png

This should resolve any issues regarding the below SSM
SSM 47846 - 2019 Various Vehicles With SYNC 3 - Intermittent Solid Blue Screen Above 10mph, Rear-View Camera Intermittently Stays On Below 10 mph, And/Or Inoperative Infotainment Applications

Some 2019 Mustang, Continental, Fusion, MKZ, F150, Transit Connect, Ranger, Edge or Nautilus with SYNC 3 may have the following intermittent symptoms: a solid blue screen when moving forward at speeds above 10 mph, the rear view camera remains on the screen at speeds below 10 mph, or inoperative infotainment applications. To resolve this concern, check for a SYNC software update under the OASIS Tab SYNC selection. If an update is available, update the APIM software per WSM section 415-00. After the complete pop-up appears, remove the USB flash drive and install it into the IDS tool to update the Ford database. Perform a complete ignition cycle by turning the key off for 5 minutes, which is critical for a successful installation.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Mine has been telling me to connect to wifi for a week now for updates. My home internet is so bad that I can't "afford" the bandwidth, or it would likely timeout and brick :)

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been telling me to connect to wifi for a week now for updates. My home internet is so bad that I can't "afford" the bandwidth, or it would likely timeout and brick :)
You can download it to a USB flash drive. I prefer that over OTA updates.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Not popping up for me on the portal, I suppose they just hate me?

EDIT: I got it...

Last edited:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just updated my Ranger via USB. The system scans for the flash drive automatically and installs it automatically. It took about 5-10 minutes.

You can even drive with the update running.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My truck came with Sync 3.3. I wonder if the dealer installed it.....(they also had the tire pressure set correctly)

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My truck came with Sync 3.3. I wonder if the dealer installed it.....(they also had the tire pressure set correctly)
All Rangers come with 3.3 pre-installed, this is basically a small bug fix update.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what I see on my Ford Owners account. I'll be doing the update.

Keep Your SYNC Software Up To Date
Find or add a vehicle

We're committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience. And to make it even better, we will periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

Software update v3.3 is available.
It's possible you have updated SYNC 3 using Wi-Fi within the past week.48 If you aren't sure, here's how to check.

Begin SYNC Update

Please note that you will need a USB drive with at least 8GB of space in order to proceed with the update.

What's in this update?

Before you start:

• This update process should take up to 60 minutes
  • You will need access to your computer or phone, and your vehicle, for this update
  • You will need to be parked in an open area
  • Mac users: You will need the Stuffit Expander application on your computer in order to extract the update
  • You wil need a USB storage drive that:

The last confirmed install of an update to your vehicle was on:

January 09, 2019

Full

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
All Rangers come with 3.3 pre-installed, this is basically a small bug fix update.
Okay, let me put it like this.....my Ranger is not calling for an update..it's looks like it has been updated.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, let me put it like this.....my Ranger is not calling for an update..it's looks like it has been updated.
Unless your truck is connected to WiFi it won’t be able to check for automatic updates.

I was able to run the upgrade despite my Ranger not saying anything about needing it.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Unless your truck is connected to WiFi it won’t be able to check for automatic updates.

I was able to run the upgrade despite my Ranger not saying anything about needing it.
It is connected to my WI-Fi network.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I always end up having to extract, open the folder, then put the 3 individual files into the usb for it to work. If it's in the main folder or unextracted folder it won't work. And wifi almost never works for me. I think it worked once on my Fusion.

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
I always end up having to extract, open the folder, then put the 3 individual files into the usb for it to work. If it's in the main folder or unextracted folder it won't work. And wifi almost never works for me. I think it worked once on my Fusion.
I tried all variants and could not get it to work, I am going in this week to dealer to get accessories installed that I ordered when I purchased the truck so will just have them do that and the TSB for Rough Idle at the same time.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I tried all variants and could not get it to work, I am going in this week to dealer to get accessories installed that I ordered when I purchased the truck so will just have them do that and the TSB for Rough Idle at the same time.
I just tried both ways with the folders and it didn't work. Extracted like I did on my previous successful tries and it worked.
Sponsored