Sync 3 v3.4.22200 Update

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
This is all really stupid. do all ford models have to put up with this foolishness? what about other manufacturers (chevy, gm, dodge, gmac)?
as a general rule, car manufacturers suck at consumer electronics. tesla is probably the best at consumer electronics, but sucks at car things like spare parts inventory. you can't have it all.
Sponsored

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
Update is good, everything checked out. Noticed that Android Auto isn't lagging so much now. What I mean by that is the basic upper right hand corner display on the screen for outside temperature according to your phone phone signal and battery fully show up in a couple minutes opposed to one day on the road to Florida couple hours and then I was shutting the Ranger off to get out. Now if Google would bring back the Wifi Signal Strength indicator I would be happy.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Mine did some update (tar.gz) today and although I cycled the ignition a few times my external touch locks (front and back - mines a 2019) don't respond. Just the driver's door and I have the 'unlock all' setting on which works I've lost the ability to unlock the back doors via touch.

EDIT TO ADD: with my ACC not working more than it works and my truck hitting it's third birthday I wonder if the battery is going. Not sure why it would have an effect but seems to be a common post.
IMG_20221030_151157752.jpg

Last edited:

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
EDIT: Apparently it did update the maps to NA 2 21 from NA 2 20. Still nothing on the actual SYNC update!

I tried the update a couple of times today. The first couple attempts, either nothing happened or I'd get an error message. With the guidance of some members here, I deleted everything on the USB and then re-downloaded it all.....this time downloading the license file directly into the SyncMyRide folder on the USB. I went out to the garage, started the engine, plugged the USB in and to my surprise, I see new notifications on the screen. I followed all the prompts as it asked. About 45 minutes later and two prompts to turn the engine off and then restart, I finally got an "UPDATE COMPLETE" message and was instructed to remove the USB, and all changes would take effect upon the next start-up.

Well.......upon the next start up, I can not see that anything has changed. SYNC version number is still showing 3.4.21194, and there is no XML file on the USB to send to Ford. Pretty much a waste of the late afternoon & early evening! :mad:

Last edited:

OP
OP
alcohenusa

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I tried the update a couple of times today. The first couple attempts, either nothing happened or I'd get an error message. With the guidance of some members here, I deleted everything on the USB and then re-downloaded it all.....this time downloading the license file directly into the SyncMyRide folder on the USB. I went out to the garage, started the engine, plugged the USB in and to my surprise, I see new notifications on the screen. I followed all the prompts as it asked. About 45 minutes later and two prompts to turn the engine off and then restart, I finally got an "UPDATE COMPLETE" message and was instructed to remove the USB, and all changes would take effect upon the next start-up.

Well.......upon the next start up, I can not see that anything has changed. SYNC version number is still showing 3.4.21194, and there is no XML file on the USB to send to Ford. Pretty much a waste of the late afternoon & early evening! :mad:
If you really downloaded a ‘license file’, I believe you updated maps, not Sync. Map updates do not provide an xml file. What version maps do you have?

You’ll need to either separately download the Sync update and install it via USB or you could try the update over wifi.

Last edited:

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
If you really downloaded a ‘license file’, I believe you updated maps, not Sync. Map updates do not provide an xml file. What version maps do you have?

I now have map version NA 2 21.

I used to be pretty computer savvy, but this has me baffled. I thought I followed the directions, downloaded everything it to download. What am I missing to get the SYNC update files?

OP
OP
alcohenusa

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I now have map version NA 2 21.

I used to be pretty computer savvy, but this has me baffled. I thought I followed the directions, downloaded everything it to download. What am I missing to get the SYNC update files?
OK. So you are good with the map update you did. Sync updates and maps updates are completely separate from each other. Go here to check for a Sync update and enter your VIN:
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

This site also has a link to the map updates (which you already have completed).

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
EDIT: YEAH! Success! The instructions do leave a little to be desired. SYNC Update complete, got the XML file, but can not upload it. Anyone have a work-around for uploading the XML file?

I think I figured it out just about the time you were typing your reply. I am removing the map files from the USB now and will then download the update file and give it another try.

I'll let you know the results shortly.

Thanks

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, Ford just released Sync version 3.4.22251, it is available on Cyanlabs.net

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Update from my last post, SYNC was completed, log file updated online, and finally my bluetooth is connecting fine again

This past weekend I had a long drive. Took about 1.5 hours to update maps. It had to restart three times and then instructed me to cycle the key three times (pulled over, shut it off, opened door, wait, lock/unlock, restart). Finally it gave me the message it was complete and I could remove the USB

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
From the thread SYNC 3.4.21194 Update:

Interestingly, although I used CyanLabs to download the update rather than downloading the update from the official Ford site, the Ford site now recognizes that the update was made. I never received the XML file. I do have the Ranger setup for automatic updates so I believe that my Ranger reported the update to Ford as part of the communications between the Ranger and Ford. We all know that the communication occurs for updating FordPass, and allowing remote start, remote lock and unlock, etc.
I updated sync via USB and the xml file was on the card. When I went to upload it to Ford I found out it was not necessary - they already showed my Sync as having been updated. The vehicle had to communicate this because I sure didn't...(and an hour before it showed I needed an update, so Ford was clearly updated by the vehicle after my install).

OP
OP
alcohenusa

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Finally got around to updating the Ranger today. The process was uneventful and took just over 10 minutes. And, the upload of the XML file actually worked!

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
Downloaded & updated today.
All went well.
Everything still intact.
Have no idea what changed.
Just FYI.
WHAT YEAR IS YOUR TRUCK, MY 2019 WONT ACCEPT ANY UPDATES AND JUST FREEZES THE SCREEN

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED!
How are you guys getting the XML file to upload?
Sponsored