First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
After digging through the contract this is what I found. Looks like you're covered as long as you have all the receipts.
yep --- the my ford app has a place to record maintenance and photos of receipts for the parts they even remind you to black out any personal info and anything the dealer does shows up in the app as well, it really is pretty easy to keep track of.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
yep --- the my ford app has a place to record maintenance and photos of receipts for the parts they even remind you to black out any personal info and anything the dealer does shows up in the app as well, it really is pretty easy to keep track of.
The Fuelly app has this too. This way all your gas receipts and maintenance ones are all in one place. It comes in handy for me as I use my Ranger for work and it's a business write off.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Fuelly app has this too. This way all your gas receipts and maintenance ones are all in one place. It comes in handy for me as I use my Ranger for work and it's a business write off.
Hope your road trip this year was business related. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
that was my thought and opinion as well --- I never did it with any car in the past I first ran into it with my Subaru this year and thought it was BS like injection cleaner but looked into it and ford also recommends it every 30k its supposed to help keep the ABS modules / pumps calipers etc from wearing out or leaking as fast since and the truck (Subaru as well) uses the brakes for traction control etc its supposed to keep those pumps etc working longer and better..... for the Subaru it was about 199 and if ford is about the same, it seems like cheap reasonable maintenance every 30k miles, yes I could do it myself its basically bleeding the brakes until fluid is clear but its a PIA and I dont want to.
Go to the Ford site and type in you VIN for a maintenance schedule. It doesn't list brake fluid at all, all the way up to 200k miles.

So while your Ford Dealership recommends the service, Ford does not.

It's been quite a while since I've owned a Subaru, but I'd expect the same to be true for them.

Anything the dealership recommends that is not on your service schedule is usually gonna be a cash grab, unless you're having problems. I'm all for maintenance, but it's really not needed like they claim.

By the logic applied above they claim that your brake fluid gets "dirty" over time. Just how does that happen in a properly operating sealed brake system?

It's snake oil bud, if you wanna buy it, go for it.

Mid-Size

The sad state of the nation is largely customer service... I'd be willing to guess 90% of anyone younger than 30 years old takes any pride in their work and are stumped by the simplest of obstacles choosing the easiest solution available to them to brush the issue under the rug and kick the problem down the road. It stuns me how inadequately prepared these younger generations are.

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
So, I purchased the extended warranty offered by Granger Ford. I understand that it is the official Ford extended warranty plan. Looking through the information I have, I haven't yet figured out if it requires "professional" oil changes.
So far, in 13000 miles, my Ranger has had two "professional" and one semipro oil change. All are documented in my FordPass app.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, I purchased the extended warranty offered by Granger Ford. I understand that it is the official Ford extended warranty plan. Looking through the information I have, I haven't yet figured out if it requires "professional" oil changes.
So far, in 13000 miles, my Ranger has had two "professional" and one semipro oil change. All are documented in my FordPass app.
It doesn't and I quoted my extended warranty policy here.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Good luck with Quick Lane at two dealers here. I never get the appointment which is usually a couple weeks out. I just arrive at opening for the walk in lane and am done within an hour.

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
that was my thought and opinion as well --- I never did it with any car in the past I first ran into it with my Subaru this year and thought it was BS like injection cleaner but looked into it and ford also recommends it every 30k its supposed to help keep the ABS modules / pumps calipers etc from wearing out or leaking as fast since and the truck (Subaru as well) uses the brakes for traction control etc its supposed to keep those pumps etc working longer and better..... for the Subaru it was about 199 and if ford is about the same, it seems like cheap reasonable maintenance every 30k miles, yes I could do it myself its basically bleeding the brakes until fluid is clear but its a PIA and I dont want to.
Same reasoning for my Suzuki with ABS. I do all the maintenance and repairs except welding and paint/bodywork on the bike, and I've installed "brake bleeders" on all tree calipers; 1-way valves that open as you squeeze fluid out, close when the lever is released. The system is sealed very well, but does darken somewhat in two years, a sign of moisture in the fluid. Dealers do it with a pump.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ford should partner with sports bars based on how not quick their quick lanes are.. drive people over for a beer. Win! Less anger.

Thanks to the long waits I finally did my own change and tire rotation after owning it for a year. First three were on the dealership. Not bad, but not the easiest change I've done so I can see some wanting or needing someone else to do the oil/tire rotation.

I dread the day I can no longer wrench on my own. It isnt too far down the road with my knees and back. Thanks Army.
I am at that day, 7 back surgeries later plus age 64 (not old) but if I do my own, and I can, I pay for it for a few days. Fortunately so far my dealership has been very good, plus its not far from the house. They take me home and pick me up. Still a family owned dealership, that does make a difference.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
By the logic applied above they claim that your brake fluid gets "dirty" over time. Just how does that happen in a properly operating sealed brake system?
I think the issue is that it gets cooked.
Sponsored