First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
What mileage are you changing your oil? 5K? 6?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
16,000 km, as the book says. When I'll tow, will be 10,000 km for I don't know what reason.
Oh, if the truck says earlier, then it will be earlier....

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
16,000 km, as the book says. When I'll tow, will be 10,000 km for I don't know what reason.
Oh, if the truck says earlier, then it will be earlier....
The Ranger tells me when I'm drifting out of my lane, tells me when I am comming too close to something forward or backward, tells me when someone in front of me is slowing down, tells me when a vehicle is coming up from behind me , notifies me when a vehicle is passing me on either side.....
It damn well better tell me when it needs it's oil changed !!!!!:giggle:
But seriously, for me, I am going to follow my usual scheduling like all my vehicles....every 5000 miles, full synthetic and new filter.

Last edited:

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
When oil minder tells me it's time. I've been doing that with my Accord - would be once a year or 10k miles. Engine still runs great - no leaks after 70k miles.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
It has been asked on here more than one time along with what type of filter to use and what type of oil you use. Expect a kazillion answers in any combination there of. Personally did my first change at 3900 miles. My oil was rising on dipstick and I was concerned. Sent out a sample for analysis and came back fine. So with my “spirited” driving slaying as many tacos as I can find I reward Natasha every 7K with a beauty treatment.

E20DFAB4-A030-43FC-9AD6-109FD9EFE1D0.jpeg

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
10k miles or once a year, with whatever synthetic blend the quicklane puts in it.

DoctorsTARDIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I'll be almost certainly doing it yearly, as I'm not likely to hit the mileage threshold. Although I am switching to Amsoil at about 800 miles.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I'll be almost certainly doing it yearly, as I'm not likely to hit the mileage threshold. Although I am switching to Amsoil at about 800 miles.
Personally I think that’s a bit to soon. When they build these motors they use synthetic greases with molybdenum additives among other things. As they break down they get absorbed into the oil. That circulates to all moving parts. Takes time for that process to work itself through. When you change this is lost for the most part. Knowing this I went to 3800 before first change. Can’t hurt!

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Big oil tank in bed setup to pump oil continuously into engine, take off oil pan to let bad oil drain out as you drive down road. Self Changing Oil

Fomocodt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tremor
Occupation
Automotive technician
What mileage are you changing your oil? 5K? 6?
I will be changing mine at 1k and filling with synthetic oil (have not selected which yet), again at 5k miles and then every 5k after. Will change filter at both of those initial intervals too. I get super cheap motorcraft filters at work and will cut them all open during the change and inspect so I can look for any premature wear.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
For me it's when Blackstone says my TBN has reached the threshold which is around 6k miles. I offroad and tow. Using Motorcraft full synthetic
Sponsored