First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Fart Can collector
Kenda Klever AT2, 1" wheel spacers and 2.5" leveling kit.

IMG_9727.png
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I just got some 265/70R17 BFG All Terrain KO2's installed. Stock rims and no lift, but I'm still really pleased with the look and the quiet ride. Here are some pics .
Ranger_265_BFGTires.JPG
I am thinking about buying LT265/70R17C BFG K02's mounted on Ranger OEM 17X8 Charcoal wheels. My Ranger is stock: no level, no lift. Truck is still under 36 mo. warranty.
1. Will this tire size void the Ford warranty?
2. Will the OEM Ford TPMS be compatible with these tires?
3. Any clearance issues?
4. Any safety issues?
5. How do these A/T's ride and handle on city streets and the freeway?

Size 1 below is the OEM tire size that Ford mounts on Ranger OEM 17X8 Charcoal wheels.
Size 2 below is the BFG size mounted on Ranger OEM 17X8 Charcoal wheels.

1622315553231.png

Any help would be appreciated!

1622314569769.png

1622314609990.png

1622314642722.png

Last edited:

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I am hating you guys in this thread. LOL. I am getting a 2" level next week. I tow a boat often so I still need a little rake but I thought I would just wait on new tires until I wear the stock ones out. Now that I am seeing all of these great setups........grrrr!

350toRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I am thinking about buying LT265/70R17C BFG K02's mounted on Ranger OEM 17X8 Charcoal wheels. My Ranger is stock: no level, no lift. Truck is still under 36 mo. warranty.
1. Will this tire size void the Ford warranty?
2. Will the OEM Ford TPMS be compatible with these tires?
3. Any clearance issues?
4. Any safety issues?
5. How do these A/T's ride and handle on city streets and the freeway?

Size 1 below is the OEM tire size that Ford mounts on Ranger OEM 17X8 Charcoal wheels.
Size 2 below is the BFG size mounted on Ranger OEM 17X8 Charcoal wheels.

Any help would be appreciated!
1. I don't know about the warranty. I think that some folks on here have said that Ford would have to prove that a given mod caused the failure to avoid a warranty claim, and my opinion is that it would be hard to prove that this small change in tire size caused a problem, but that's just my opinion.
2. My TPMS sensors still read the tire pressure just fine, but I have increased the nominal tire pressure to 36 psi so I suppose I won't get a "low pressure" warning quite as soon.
3. No clearance issues at all. I did loosen and move forward the left front crash bar before installing the tires since it was closer than the other three, but I don't think I really had to do that.
4. I'm not qualified to speak that that.
5. I can't tell any difference in ride or noise with these tires. They are amazingly quiet for tires that look so aggressive. I also got the "C" rated tires since they are lighter than the "E's" and I don't notice any difference in acceleration or breaking. My average MPG decreased by about 0.3 mpg, but that's the only performance change I've noticed.

I love the look and it's surprising how many people have come up and said they like my Ranger and/or "wheels" since I installed the 265's. Before that, it never happened. One more pic...
MyRangerWithBFGsV3.JPG

Good luck!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
1. I don't know about the warranty. I think that some folks on here have said that Ford would have to prove that a given mod caused the failure to avoid a warranty claim, and my opinion is that it would be hard to prove that this small change in tire size caused a problem, but that's just my opinion.
2. My TPMS sensors still read the tire pressure just fine, but I have increased the nominal tire pressure to 36 psi so I suppose I won't get a "low pressure" warning quite as soon.
3. No clearance issues at all. I did loosen and move forward the left front crash bar before installing the tires since it was closer than the other three, but I don't think I really had to do that.
4. I'm not qualified to speak that that.
5. I can't tell any difference in ride or noise with these tires. They are amazingly quiet for tires that look so aggressive. I also got the "C" rated tires since they are lighter than the "E's" and I don't notice any difference in acceleration or breaking. My average MPG decreased by about 0.3 mpg, but that's the only performance change I've noticed.

I love the look and it's surprising how many people have come up and said they like my Ranger and/or "wheels" since I installed the 265's. Before that, it never happened. One more pic...
MyRangerWithBFGsV3.JPG

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Nice looking Truck! Will post pics if the deal goes through :).

Regnar

First Name
Brud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Adding my experience here. Just got a set of 265/70r17 BFG KO2 load range C tires. The tires feel like they grip better and give a more stable feel at highway speeds. Don't feel like I lost much - if any - performance. At the most, first gear doesn't feel as jumpy as it used to be.

Thanks for all of the info in this thread!

Loving the stock+ look!
PXL_20210601_165503488_2.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Adding my experience here. Just got a set of 265/70r17 BFG KO2 load range C tires. The tires feel like they grip better and give a more stable feel at highway speeds. Don't feel like I lost much - if any - performance. At the most, first gear doesn't feel as jumpy as it used to be.

Thanks for all of the info in this thread!

Loving the stock+ look!
PXL_20210601_165503488_2.jpg
Brad,
Glad to hear that they ride well. How to they do on city streets? Have you checked the mpg difference? I installed my K02's with the charcoals yesterday and will be posting photos shortly.

Patmadd1982

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger sxt
Occupation
Papermill
I'm running 265 70 17 on factory wheels with a 2 inch level

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Hankook Dynapro AT2 using Bilstein 6112 front coils and shocks set to 0.80" higher than stock. I also used these tires with the stock suspension. Either way; there is lots of clearance.

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I have 3.5 BDS lift front and rear. I also have Warn bumper, so all the forward crash support is gone. I have Duratracs LT 285/70-17, 10 ply on +35 rims. That moved the inner sidewall 10mm farther away from the suspension, and the outside side wall moved 30mm farther out. Yesterday, I heard rubbing on the rear crash bar, with full right turn, and some suspension compression. Too be fair, I am on factory FX4 suspension still, which is pretty squidgy, but even on 3.5 lift, rubs can still happen. I'm gonna get under and see how far or if it can be moved at all, and trim it back if not.

lpltDjj.jpg

Alternately for less aggressive 285 tires, the outside tires here are Wrangler All-Tarrain Adverture Kevlar. I had them on my company commuter 06 and 11 Escapes, then a Scab shortbox F150, and they were awesome all season, real good in snow tires. I bought the LT 285/70-17 10ply for my personal F150, I liked them so much on work trucks.
dBNtijn.jpg

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Hankook Dynapro AT2 using Bilstein 6112 front coils and shocks set to 0.80" higher than stock. I also used these tires with the stock suspension. Either way; there is lots of clearance.

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg
This is the perfect setup for this tire size. Some of the trucks with 2”+ front level actually end up looking like reverse rake whereas this fits the rangers body lines better to me. I suspect you could go a little higher before the reverse rake look sets in, but this is probably the exact setup I will use.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Some of the trucks with 2”+ front level actually end up looking like reverse rake whereas this fits the rangers body lines better to me.
I don't mind the raked look. To be honest, this looks level to me. I haven't aligned it yet and I'm still deciding if I want to keep this height. I did it to mimic the Tremor stance, which is advertised as 1" over stock. So my shocks are adding 8/10ths of an inch and the tires the additional 2/10ths, so this is about 1" over stock in the front. I have some 1" Fab-Tech wheel spacers, but I haven't taken them out of their box. I'm not certain that I want to widen the track.

Last edited:

Jsmitt0

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 package
Occupation
Security
I have this same setup but it absolutely killed my mpg, went from 24 combined to 19. With tire calibration with ForScan done as well. Did you get the same effect??
Do you have no rub at all ?
Sponsored