Pics of 265/70/17 HIGHWAY/STREET tread tires??

TacoBell22

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Sport
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
So if you go OffRoad less than 75% of the time then Mud Terrains are a waist of money.

If you are closer to a 50/50 split then All Terrains are a great choice. If not going OffRoad what so ever and just hitting the occasional dirt road as needed the HWY terrain tires are up your alley. Also HWY Terrain tires generally speaking have way better noise levels VS All Terrains amd Mud Terrains.
I'm leaning more towards H/T right now, just juggling brands and prices around. I've had M/Ts on strictly for looks for 20k now and the road noise is starting to get to me!
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm leaning more towards H/T right now, just juggling brands and prices around. I've had M/Ts on strictly for looks for 20k now and the road noise is starting to get to me!
Yeah doing just that also kills you gas mileage. Mud Terrains are definitely heavier compared to other tires

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger
I ended up going with Yoko Geolander HT G056's. I was thinking about the wildpeak ht02 l, but these went on sale over labor day. Much quieter than hankooks, noticed some rubbing at full lock in reverse (running 1.5" spacers and leveled).

20230909_114515.jpg

20230909_114518.jpg

20230909_114510.jpg

20230909_145619.jpg

Last edited:

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Firestone Destination LE3s in the requested size of 265/70R17. Old thread but - for comparison to the geo's recently posted. Also; if you don't like the Firestone stuff showing they can flip them around and just show an all black sidewall.

side.jpg

Bonus Pic; Mrs Wytch in the driver's seat. She may have stopped driving it when I tuned it..... and told me I had lost my mind. So.. confirm ass dyno shows a difference.

Bonus 2 - sort of see a rare shot of me wearing shorts in the reflection. Yep.. you are welcome.

front.jpg

Closer from an angle on the front tire. I think this was taken just after I threw on the black grill and black Ford emblems.

My thoughts on these - freaking awesome. Rides much better than the stock tires (but they are also bigger.. so.. bad comparison). At least equal in dry and wet traction to stock (what little wet we have had since I got them.. they have done well). Very quiet on the highway. Tread life should kick the crap out of stock that lasted 25k miles before I was on wear bars and I don't burn out like a fool. These are rated around 70k or something; expecting 60-65 before I need to swap them if I don't get out of alignment or pop one. TC stays on 99% of the time. Even when driving like a dummy.

Edit: Will I replace them with another set of LE3s; yes or whatever new version they have at that time.

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Firestone Destination LE3s in the requested size of 265/70R17. Old thread but - for comparison to the geo's recently posted. Also; if you don't like the Firestone stuff showing they can flip them around and just show an all black sidewall.

side.jpg

Bonus Pic; Mrs Wytch in the driver's seat. She may have stopped driving it when I tuned it..... and told me I had lost my mind. So.. confirm ass dyno shows a difference.

Bonus 2 - sort of see a rare shot of me wearing shorts in the reflection. Yep.. you are welcome.

front.jpg

Closer from an angle on the front tire. I think this was taken just after I threw on the black grill and black Ford emblems.

My thoughts on these - freaking awesome. Rides much better than the stock tires (but they are also bigger.. so.. bad comparison). At least equal in dry and wet traction to stock (what little wet we have had since I got them.. they have done well). Very quiet on the highway. Tread life should kick the crap out of stock that lasted 25k miles before I was on wear bars and I don't burn out like a fool. These are rated around 70k or something; expecting 60-65 before I need to swap them if I don't get out of alignment or pop one. TC stays on 99% of the time. Even when driving like a dummy.
They look nice on your truck. I assume they're pretty quiet?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
They look nice on your truck. I assume they're pretty quiet?
Different size but I have the same tire on my 94 F150. Definitely quite on the street. Can't speak for comfort as the truck has worn out suspension

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Different size but I have the same tire on my 94 F150. Definitely quite on the street. Can't speak for comfort as the truck has worn out suspension
Notable improvement from stock on comfort but I also added a bit more rubber to absorb bumps etc. So I don't have a direct comparison to another tire on this ride.
Sponsored