First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
4x4 comes in handy on a boat ramp too. And the increase resale is worth consideration. I think my Tremor is overkill for me, but I’m lovin it! That part of me says go for it. You are getting a lot for the money. 4x4, a couple other nice features (tires, Fox suspension, better rear leaf springs, switch gear). $4k is 10% more, that stings! The real issue may be availability. Delivery dates are continually getting pushed. Chip shortage, materials shortages, plants closing to slow production to meet materials availability. Who knows…. Then, you have a vehicle available now.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It doesn’t sound like what you get with the Tremor for the extra $4k makes much sense for you from a practical point of view. December will be here before you know it. Save the money.
This^^^^ I know the wait is hard. Many of us have been waiting for over a year to get our Broncos with no relief in site. Don't let your emotions overule your common sense. If you don't need the extra stuff why spend the money. Hang in there, December will be here quickly.

BTW, the last production schedule I saw showed Ford is going to built a crap load of Ranger in November. Maybe one will be yours. Good luck.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
I'd go for the tremor. Imo for an extra 4k you get alot for your money. If you could live with out the led lights and a couple other options try looking for an xlt tremor. Even the xlt's have very nice seat covers

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'd get the Tremor. After you put money into modifying the looks of the 4x2, you'll still have a 4x2. But the Tremor has a nice look to it already that sounds like what you're aiming for, and the capability to go behind it. And it comes with the Fox 2.0 suspension and nice wheels!
Hey wait a minute...

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
My 2 cents... Tremor wasn't around when I purchased mine in 2019, but 4x4s in various trims were. Most of the vehicles I have owned in the last 20 years had 4WD. I do occasionally have a need to go off-road, but I asked myself how many times I engaged, or had to engage 4WD, on my older vehicles and the answer here in Texas was none, zip, nada!

That being the case I went with a loaded Lariat 2WD with nicer options for less money. The extra savings went into the mods to make it my own. I had planned to make it a "4x2" so I could still take it off-road confidently. I've had the truck since Oct 2019 and do not regret that decision one bit. At 35K miles, I've had zero problems with the truck. You can take a look at my showcase here https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/showcase/texas-ranger.279/ and see the transformation from stock to where I have it now.

Having said that, I don't do any hard core off-roading, mudding, or rock climbing. I don't pull a trailer or boat, and honestly I'm not totally convinced I would need 4WD for trailering either.

As you can see from the responses, it's a personal decision based on one's needs and I'm certain you will be happy whichever way you go!

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Drive the tremor, let your heart decide.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I'm going to play devil's advocate here and recommend OP go drive a Frontier ?

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
Drive the tremor, let your heart decide.
I very intentionally did NOT test drive the Tremor when I bought my truck. I told my wife "if I test drive that one we will buy that one". As nice as it would have been that extra $5k over my truck goes a long way toward the older one's first year of college. Maybe after my younger one graduates college in 10 years I can swing a nicer one lol.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
4x4 comes in handy on a boat ramp too. And the increase resale is worth consideration. I think my Tremor is overkill for me, but I’m lovin it! That part of me says go for it. You are getting a lot for the money. 4x4, a couple other nice features (tires, Fox suspension, better rear leaf springs, switch gear). $4k is 10% more, that stings! The real issue may be availability. Delivery dates are continually getting pushed. Chip shortage, materials shortages, plants closing to slow production to meet materials availability. Who knows…. Then, you have a vehicle available now.

I guess you should also consider, the Tremor is an upgrade from the FX4 pkg. the $4k increase is not just for the next jump, it is two options higher. There is some crossover between FX4 and Tremor. Skid plates, upgraded (not the same) shocks, terrain modes.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
Not worth the 7 mile hwy mpg drop to me, in Florida. Costs more up front, too. Tremor looks cool, but not my first choice for a daily commuter.

I'm the type that isn't satisfied unless it's exactly what I want, though.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing the tremor is an xlt which means you lose a lot to gain stuff you wont use.

factory sub
Power mirrors puddle lights
Leather interior
Engine cover.
Sponsored