Thinking about super cab. Need advice

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
I to ordered the xl because of the all vinyl seats and floor like the colorado I have now very easy to keep clean ... still waiting

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Personally I like the look of the super cab better. I’m concerned with the actual room in the back seat. Some pictures I see it looks tiny, some look like there’s plenty of room. I stopped after hours at a local dealership and looked in the window and looked like a decent amount of room. More than my 2000 xtra cab Tacoma for sure. I don’t get off in time to go by and actually sit in one. Does anyone have pictures of adults sitting in the back? Or if you have one how do you like it? Do you wish you would’ve got the 4 door?
Robby, I really like the SuperCab for looks too. No regrets. The two back doors make easy access to the rear seats. A great seating improvement over my 2011 Ranger which had two jump seats in the back quarter where real seats are normally located...not good for adults and even kids probably wouldn't last long with these on a sizable road trip. Sorry, don't have any photos of adults setting in back. A suggestion would be to take 2 adults to the dealer for a back seat test ride.
Regards,
Paul

Last edited:

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
Married, no kids here, so your mileage may vary...some thoughts:
  • I agree that the SuperCab looks better
  • Ford sells many more SuperCrews than SuperCabs. What impact will this have on resale down the road? Don't know; maybe Scabs will be rare and in demand, maybe most folks want full rear seats and always will. I plan to keep the truck for a long time, so this didn't impact my decision
  • I'm 6' tall - I tried out the back seat on the dealer lot, and my immediate thought was "good thing this is my truck and I'll never have to get back here again." Probably doable to utilize the passenger rear if the front passenger is willing to give up a bit of space, but I don't don't consider driver rear to be usable for adults for more than short trips. I say that as some who sits relatively close to the steering wheel
  • I like that the Scab can handle 8' material with the gate down without it hanging out the back. Comes down to how you'll use the truck
  • Asked the wife her thoughts and she said "if you're getting a truck, get the truck with more bed space. If we need to take 4 people somewhere, we'll take my car" (small SUV)
  • I'm happy with my decision - to buy a Ranger and specifically a Scab. That said:
    • The suicide doors can be a bit annoying, especially if you're trying to fit something in the back seat and have limited space to maneuver the item(s) - in a parking lot with another vehicle next to you, for example
    • There's less aftermarket for Scabs. I've had fewer options when it comes to things like tonneau covers and running boards
Sponsored