Need advice

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
If you can live without the Lariat package have the dealer change your order to a XLT w/ 302A package that gets you a lot of stuff at a cheaper price also.
( I've read here on the forum about the Lariats are having longer wait times)
But I do get the 'want' for Lariat it has the better headlights amongst some other goodies, but then again if the truck is being pushed out beyond your tolerance don't let it stress you out it's all out of our control. (I'm waiting also).
As for the 4x4 your considering locally you have to figure if the 4g's is worth it to get it 'now' and have no use for that feature, as for resale at some point if your selling it in a state that has a market for 4x4's then you can see a better return, if your selling in FL that may not hold true.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Phlfwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
So update..
It is a tremor lariat and it was actually $43k so only 1,500 more than my 4x2 order! Don’t know how it is so low..

well…

called the dealer to confirm it’s availability, they did - I confirmed twice the stock number and listed price, they said yes it’s available and scheduled an appointment

drove about 1 hr 45 min to go look and probably but it… dealer looks it up and they don’t even have the truck, he wouldn’t give me an estimated delivery date at first but then finally told me mid-October. Needless to say… annoying frustrating night

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
So update..
It is a tremor lariat and it was actually $43k so only 1,500 more than my 4x2 order! Don’t know how it is so low..

well…

called the dealer to confirm it’s availability, they did - I confirmed twice the stock number and listed price, they said yes it’s available and scheduled an appointment

drove about 1 hr 45 min to go look and probably but it… dealer looks it up and they don’t even have the truck, he wouldn’t give me an estimated delivery date at first but then finally told me mid-October. Needless to say… annoying frustrating night
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Especially after verifying it was there.

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
I have a 4x2 lariat on order - carbonized gray, 501A, black appearance, tech package, tow package for about $41k - keeps getting pushed back and now says delivery “estimated” for almost December.

there’s a dealer in my area selling a black Tremor with 501A, tow and tech for about $45k

is it worth getting the tremor? I live in Florida, don’t do much off off roading at all (yet I guess… never owned a 4x4). Drive about 25ish miles to work, mixed city and Highway.
How’s mpg between the two? Also I was planning on throwing on bigger tires and vinyl wrapping the bumper and fender flares black in the future but wouldn’t need to with the tremor I suppose

worth the extra 4k? Also note $41 was getting pretty close to what I wanted to spend max on a truck so..

i have a 2021 lariat with tech package... will the tremor have led lights?, leather seats? side view mirror lighting? and maybe a few other things? only reason 4x4 has higher resale is it cost more... to me the wait sucks but if you pay in the 40's for it, you should get what you want and not settle... heck december isnt to far away and it makes a nice christmas present!

Reactions: Doc

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Hell waited 6 months back in 19 did not kill me . Just get what you want nothing else . Sales guy said 4 wheel but I never would use it so I said no . Really you know what you want .

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
So update..

well…

34B3A7AE-D0F4-4CC7-AA3C-2DFB72F7B423.jpeg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So update..

well…

Ughhhh! I would have lost my damn mind! And they'll probably jack the price up once they get it in hand. Arghhhh!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
First sentence of the his first post. Oops. Getting old I guess.
If that's the worst thing that happens today it's still a good day :like:

And it's not getting old, it's getting experience, and I myself am becoming quite the experienced chap :D

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Ive never needed a 4x4. I can tell you what i would do. Stick to your order. I do mud, sand, gravel, and tow. Always worked good for me. Dont need a 4x4. If it rains at the deer lease for a day or 2, i just stay an extra day or 2. So the 4x4 not needed. Patience is a hard thing to do

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ive never needed a 4x4. I can tell you what i would do. Stick to your order. I do mud, sand, gravel, and tow. Always worked good for me. Dont need a 4x4. If it rains at the deer lease for a day or 2, i just stay an extra day or 2. So the 4x4 not needed. Patience is a hard thing to do
I kinda agree with you and kinda don't. 4x4 can be one of those things you don't need until you need it.

I had a 2 wheel drive Explorer, and it was pretty good at towing my boat up the ramp at my lake cabin. One evening out at the cabin, it rained overnight while we slept, and in the morning the damn Explorer wouldn't pull out of the parking spot in front of my cabin, even with the limited slip working. I had to be towed, on flat ground, by my neighbor. Booooooo. I went with a 4x4 because of that moment and I've got no regrets spending the extra money!

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
If it is your only truck, i would always go 4x4. Even if you dont "need it" now. Its better to be safe than sorry. Having a 4x4 is great peace of mind even if you dont think you will ever use it. Also, you can be that bad ass buddy that gets your friends 4x2 out of the mud or other sticky situation haha always fun helping out a fellow 4x2 owner :like: Only reason i would go 4x2 with a truck is if im literally commuting for work (on roads) ONLY and i needed the bed space. Like if you were a handy man, construction worker/plumber or something similar of the like

Also, i wouldnt get a tremor if you are planning on upgrading the suspension etc already. If you are going to keep it stock, tremor package is amazing.
Sponsored