Not open for further replies.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Got the intercooler installed over the weekend, which took a few hours including the intercooler pipes, and I was able to leave the upper bumper cover on. The Mishimoto intercooler definitely fills the available real-estate and has alot more heft to it when compared to the stock intercooler.
I now have Mishimoto's full intake system minus the catch can. The UPR dual valve kept my intercooler and throttle body bone dry and I'm very pleased to see that after 23k miles. I sent a data log to Adam at ZFG to see if my tune needs any revisions. The initial driving impression is nothing remarkable but I imagine the truck will see the biggest difference while towing our boat in the summer heat.

P.S. I'm overjoyed to be rid of that tiny hot side pipe!

20210501_162916.jpg

20210501_172201.jpg

20210501_172551.jpg

20210501_194005.jpg

20210503_194422.jpg

20210501_203900.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Looking good guys! We love seeing these installed posts!

Thanks
Nick

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hmm. Wonder when they will get it out, seems they are missing some pipes. Still affected by covid restrictions by chance?
0DFBFC14-349F-44C6-B3D6-FF4821654010.png

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Go with Mountune lol

Same product. Same price and specs. Available now

One cut to my AFE pipes and I have a complete system

Took me six months to install after I bought it but man it was finally worth it

Also I'm not affiliated with either company

Last edited:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Go with Mountune lol

Same product. Same price and specs. Available now

One cut to my AFE pipes and I have a complete system

Took me six months to install but man it was worth it

Also I'm not affiliated with either company
Great suggestion, I would like to wait for a response from Mishimoto since it’s the full kit with hard and silicon pipes. Don’t want to order two separate ones. But, if no response for a week or so I’ll have to cancel order. Just wondering what an ETA is like.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I just wanted to bump this up with an ETA on our next restock. Right now we will have these intercoolers back in stock approximately around late August or early September

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay! We're doing everything we can to get these out to you guys ASAP!

Let me know if you have any question in the meantime!

-Nick

billwinkle

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 super cab
Occupation
Retired
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I just wanted to bump this up with an ETA on our next restock. Right now we will have these intercoolers back in stock approximately around late August or early September

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay! We're doing everything we can to get these out to you guys ASAP!

Let me know if you have any question in the meantime!

-Nick
Hello NIck,
I would like to purchase a Mishimoto intercooler and hoses. I have a 2021 Ranger XLT with the Ford Performance tune that is just begging for your intercooler. I just retired from the parts business (dealer) and have seen a lot of aftermarket parts in my day. Specially working with Subaru's! Is there a discount for forum members (unashamed begging). If so I am ready to get one on order. I know I could buy one from another vendor, but I would rather the profits go to the company that designed it.
Thank you,
Bill

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hello NIck,
I would like to purchase a Mishimoto intercooler and hoses. I have a 2021 Ranger XLT with the Ford Performance tune that is just begging for your intercooler. I just retired from the parts business (dealer) and have seen a lot of aftermarket parts in my day. Specially working with Subaru's! Is there a discount for forum members (unashamed begging). If so I am ready to get one on order. I know I could buy one from another vendor, but I would rather the profits go to the company that designed it.
Thank you,
Bill

Hey Bill!

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortuantely, at this time, we don't have any forum specific pricing, but we do periodically have sales, so make sure to sign up for our email list so you never miss out! We also offer a sponsorship program, which does provide you with discount codes!

Thanks again!
-Nick

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Hello NIck,
Thank you,
Bill
It looks like the intercooler as well as other products are on sale right now.

Sigtau125

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat fx4
Occupation
Medical technologist
Hey Bill!

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortuantely, at this time, we don't have any forum specific pricing, but we do periodically have sales, so make sure to sign up for our email list so
Installed

20210325_183130_HDR.jpg

20210325_190935_HDR.jpg

20210325_205846_HDR.jpg

20210325_205856_HDR.jpg

20210325_211052_HDR.jpg
I am trying to do the install like you did without removing the front facia. I got the old one out ok but can not get the new one to drop in. What kind of angle did you take to get it to drop in?

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to do the install like you did without removing the front facia. I got the old one out ok but can not get the new one to drop in. What kind of angle did you take to get it to drop in?
im here for this info also....can you go through the info of taking the old one out without taking the fascia off.

FinalNotice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
It's a tight fit and you have to take your time and move a little at a time on each side. It will fight you like it doesn't want to go in then it will drop right into place.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got mine installed today without removing the facia. I also had some issues getting the right angle to get it to fit in. I ended up using a hammer along the top flange on the oval cutouts and it dropped right in. The metal on those cutouts isn't very thick and is easy to massage with a hammer or even vice grips. I would have saved myself 45 minutes of aggravation if I did this from the get go.

IMHO, the grill removal was the most difficult part.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.