Mishimoto R&D: 2019+ Ranger Performance Intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Where are the install instructions? I haven't removed/looked at everything in box yet.
You have to print them off. Kinda wish mishi included some with the box and they were better install. Or hell a youtube video of the install by mishi would be friggen great, include tools needed and tips for not breaking half your plastic tabs when removing body panels n trim!!
Sponsored

gameovergt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Rander
Occupation
IT Security
One thing to note after doing my install, removing the facia probably would have been a whole lot easier if I had taken off my skid plate. So if you have a front skid plate I suggest taking it off for easier access to the facia fasteners.
I do. Gonna plasti dip it matte black while its off. Found the .pdf lol. There site is not user friendly

Last edited:

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Mishimoto just shipped out my replacement intercooler since the original had shipping damage. Great customer service from Mishimoto... Hopefully UPS handles with care.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your guys install instructions. Thought mostly helpful, it left alot of helpful details out.

Other than replacing the spark plugs on a old ford triton V10 f series this was definitely the install that was tightest n needed multiple bandaids on fingers n knuckles
You have to print them off. Kinda wish mishi included some with the box and they were better install. Or hell a youtube video of the install by mishi would be friggen great, include tools needed and tips for not breaking half your plastic tabs when removing body panels n trim!!
Appreciate the feedback on the install instructions! Typically we do make a video with these tighter/trickier installs so I'll look into that, along with maybe some updates to the written guide as needed. I'll keep you guys in the loop!

Where are the install instructions? I haven't removed/looked at everything in box yet.
I do. Gonna plasti dip it matte black while its off. Found the .pdf lol. There site is not user friendly
Click the 'Tech Specs' tab on the product page and there is a link in there to download the install instructions!

Agreed with @GrumpyRanger - Plastidip is definitely easier, but it'll be much less of a headache in the future to do something a little more durable on the first go-round. That said, I've plasti-dipped a lot of things in my life, and with enough coats, it can definitely last a while.

-Nick

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
@Mishimoto saw your more recent YouTube video on the complete intercooler setup. Were you still using the stock blowoff and pressure?

Unleashed kept my pressures stock (I presume for reliability/longevity) will you be tuning with more pressure? I know one of our members is tuning and has gone up to 27 lbs for the blowoff. Those kinds of increases make me nervous.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
@Mishimoto saw your more recent YouTube video on the complete intercooler setup. Were you still using the stock blowoff and pressure?

Unleashed kept my pressures stock (I presume for reliability/longevity) will you be tuning with more pressure? I know one of our members is tuning and has gone up to 27 lbs for the blowoff. Those kinds of increases make me nervous.
That is a great question! We were still using the factory blow-off valve in our testing, and we ran tests on the stock tuning and an off-the-shelf stage 1 93 octane tune. It took a little longer than expected to work out the kinks with our tuned testing, BUT I'm going to have a supplemental blog post that covers our tuned testing results coming very shortly!

-Nick

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My replacement intercooler arrived last week with out any shipping damage. Can't wait to install it, but not excited to pull the front end apart. Hopefully mishimoto will make an install video soon.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
My replacement intercooler arrived last week with out any shipping damage. Can't wait to install it, but not excited to pull the front end apart. Hopefully mishimoto will make an install video soon.
The grill is going to be your worst enemy on this one. Other than that its all good.

gameovergt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Rander
Occupation
IT Security
Dropped truck off at 8 am to get intercooler, pipes, catch can, & raptor grill installed. Shop told me the radiator would have to be drained for intercooler install. Cant wait to get it back.

SARanger22

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2wd
Dropped truck off at 8 am to get intercooler, pipes, catch can, & raptor grill installed. Shop told me the radiator would have to be drained for intercooler install. Cant wait to get it back.
I just saw that you're in Green Cove, which is just over the bridge from me in St Augustine. What shop did you take the truck to? I've got a ton of engine parts I need put on.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I Do who told you that you need to drain the radiator but they are wrong. You dont need to mess with the cooling system. I promise you that much

gameovergt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Rander
Occupation
IT Security
I Do who told you that you need to drain the radiator but they are wrong. You dont need to mess with the cooling system. I promise you that much
Was wondering. Didnt see anything in instructions that said to. The shop manager said it when called to schedule appointment for install.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.