Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that the pre-sale for this catch can has ended. We should begin shipping out orders in the next few days.

Thanks,
-Steve
Sponsored

Last edited:

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that the pre-sale for this catch can has ended. We should begin shipping out orders in the next few days.

Thanks,
-Steve

Shoot! I was waiting for the pre-sale announcement. I must have missed it.

UPDATE: Nevermind, it looks like I was still able to get the sale price. Order placed.

Last edited:

Wade

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sorry for the late reply! We've noticed that our truck doesn't like code starts and it actually threw a code for "injector 1 performance". After doing some research we found that there's a TSB for that code and symptoms and that many owners are having injectors replaced. The official Ford TSB states a reflash is the fix, but a few owners have reported returns to the dealership after flashing and needing to have the injectors and possibly a fuel line replaced. It could be a simple bad batch of hardware/software that won't affect anything down the line.

As far as protection/prevention goes, we just recommend using high-quality fuel and oil, and doing regular oil changes. We usually recommend following the service schedule, but I personally recommend sending your used oil out to somebody like BlackStone Labs and having an analysis done. They'll be able to tell you how long you can run the oil for or if you need to be looking for anything specific in the oil.

I've had good luck with spray valve cleaners on my GTI (CRC makes a good one). If you can inject them close to the intake, and do it early in the engine's like, it will likely reduce the buildup of carbon on the valves. "Italian tuneups" on DI cars can actually put the engine at a temp range that may facilitate carbon buildup, so we don't really recommend that.

Oh there's definitely room to make a bigger intercooler :angel:

Thanks!
-Steve
Sorry I'm so late to the party. I was wondering if you ever had any fuel dilution occur in the oil in conjunction with the issue that you had with your injectors? I'm having some pretty serious fuel dilution and the dealer can't seem to figure anything out... Thanks!

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The catch can came in this afternoon and I installed it without any issue after dinner tonight. Installation took a little over an hour taking my time and comparing what was in front of me with the install video and installation instructions.

My kit did not include paper instructions, but you can get the installation instructions here:

https://cdn.mishimoto.com/media/productpdf/MMBCC-RGR-19_INSTALLATIONGUIDE.pdf

Build quality is great and I'm very satisfied with the Mishimoto kit. :like:

E1DC83D5-6AB1-44D1-A409-6F39B55F6704.jpeg
6A5D800B-DC03-4AC6-888E-75AD79A0E139.jpeg
BAB09A74-3205-4451-8F8A-B923CB75EED3.jpeg
83D9EF2C-095F-44D6-A25D-DCF9ABDCEDB0.jpeg
DF15ACF5-4A13-4D05-AA56-B2A3E5BBA077.jpeg
C24F03AF-C491-402C-AD84-DF27FD61D046.jpeg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Last edited:

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Finally got a break to install this. What color connector (red or yellow) goes to the intake?
TIA

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Finally got a break to install this. What color connector (red or yellow) goes to the intake?
TIA
The yellow port on the engine is the intake and should be connected to the "out" port on the catch can. The red port is the engine side and should be connected to the "in" port on the catch can.

Crap, don’t know how I missed the pre-sale. Would love to snag one of these for my truck. Hopefully you guys will run a sale on them fairly soon.
These might be going on sale again for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, so keep an eye out!

Thanks,
-Steve

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished installing this kit. It sat on a shelf for a couple month as I was waiting for an oil change to come due.

First of all, DAMN! That’s a tight space to get into. The video instructions are great but they don’t capture the true difficulty of this install. After you’ve taken off the driver’s side wheel and the engine splash guard, you’re in for some really hand/arm contorting and maneuvering to get the old PCV line out and the two new and bigger Mishimoto lines into the same space. The new lines (female ends) have to be pressed onto the nipples and then you have to find a way to press the clip down to lock them into place. Sound simple? It’s not. You have to give yourself several good looks at your target and go in blind with one hand because you won’t have space for both hands (i.e. this is not novice work nor is it an 1.5hr job). I’m definitely an advanced level wrencher and this was a PITA. Give yourself a lot of extra time and as much lighting as possible.

Onto the good comments:

The kit is top notch, excellent components that will surely last the life of the truck. Everything you need to install the system is included in the kit, nothing missing. The one additional thing I used was some blue thread locker on the small screws that hold the catch can to the mounting bracket.

To those looking to install this soon. Good luck. Feel free to reach out if you hit any road blocks during your install.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Sounds like the Mishimoto is a top quality can, I'm not a big fan of the hose clamps there. There are far more exotic and expensive catch cans. I looked at the other two Ranger-specific kits that were available back when I was researching:
Hi all, new member here. My first mod to my 2019 Lariat was a catch can after a lot of internal debate. At the time the only two made-for-the-Ranger cans were the JLT model (out of Chesapeake VA - my home state) and the one I went with from UPR Products here in my new adopted home in Florida. The JLT would have been fine, far easier to install since the existing hose from the PVC would snap into their line as opposed to the UPR model where you have to get up into that extremely small area where the valve stem exits the engine. The UPR requires completely removing the short U-shaped Ford EGR hose.

I went with the UPR in spite of it being 25% more expensive and a significant pain to install. Fortunately being a few miles from their HQ in Lake Worth I got assistance when I got frustrated.

The UPR is a larger volume can, and I upgraded the check valve (JLT doesn't use one). With the JLT you unscrew the container, UPR has a valve mounted for draining. They use some high end materials.

JLT had an attractive bracket for theirs, the UPR is a little more generic.

I didn't have the bandwidth to design my own even with some very high end catch can components out there with sight glasses and exotic filtration. Overkill.

For just under $200 I figured this was my target.

Maybe the truck will run smoother with less extra byproduct going in the intake. After about 2300 miles I checked drained the can, about an ounce plus a little more fusel-smelling dark thin liquid. I installed the can at around 500 miles and as of today have about 3500 on it.

If there is an initial benefit to mileage, I bet it's negligible - maybe emissions are cleaner (if that matters). I didn't do this expecting any boost to performance. I'm not sure idle or throttle response is significantly better. I keep my cars for about ten years on average, so this was for the long haul. If someone else winds up with this truck way off in the future, they'll need to be mindful of draining the catch can; the reason these things aren't included by Ford. Guess I need to come up with some type of signage for the engine bay.
Edit to add links: https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-3-0-oil-separator-2019-ford-ranger-2-3-ecoboost-driver-side/
http://www.uprproducts.com/ranger-billet-single-valve-catch-can-separator-ecoboost-19.html#1

Last edited:

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Steve, I have one of your cans and the main body o-ring has swelled and it has a hard time fully closing now. Also, the o-ring for the bottom baffle has deteriorated and the baffle wobbles around. Can I get replacement O-rings from you?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Steve, I have one of your cans and the main body o-ring has swelled and it has a hard time fully closing now. Also, the o-ring for the bottom baffle has deteriorated and the baffle wobbles around. Can I get replacement O-rings from you?
Hey Ray,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you give our customer service team a call or email, they should be able to get you setup with a replacement can or o-rings. You can contact them through our website here: https://www.mishimoto.com/contact/

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

-Steve

Last edited:

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Hey Ray,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you give our customer service team a call or email, they should be able to get you setup with a replacement can or o-rings. You can contact them through our website here: https://www.mishimoto.com/contact/

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

-Steve
Hey, Steve. I sent the request, got a reply to send pictures and then haven't heard anything since. It's been since July 1st.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey, Steve. I sent the request, got a reply to send pictures and then haven't heard anything since. It's been since July 1st.
Hey Ray,

I'm sorry to hear that. Could you PM me your ticket number so I can ping our CS team and figure out what the holdup is?

Thanks and apologies again,
-Steve

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I have this catch can and installed it a couple months ago. For anyone else who gets it, make sure to remove the driver side tire. I could have saved myself a lot of fighting if I would have done that to begin with. Other than that the only issue I have had so far is that it is a real pain to remove the can to dump it. I don't tighten it anymore than hand tight, but can't get it loose most of the time without removing it from the mount so that I can get a better grip on it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.