First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I’m curious about turbo lag after this, but I suppose you would need a tune after? Can the Boost pressure be modded without a tune to keep the turbo spinning more? I haven’t explored the turbo setup at all on the 2.3L to really understand how it works. More thinking of other turbos I have dealt with. Bigger inter cooler isn’t always best. This is an item that is on my list of mods for sure tho.
Sponsored

gameovergt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Rander
Occupation
IT Security
I’m curious about turbo lag after this, but I suppose you would need a tune after? Can the Boost pressure be modded without a tune to keep the turbo spinning more? I haven’t explored the turbo setup at all on the 2.3L to really understand how it works. More thinking of other turbos I have dealt with. Bigger inter cooler isn’t always best. This is an item that is on my list of mods for sure tho.
Turbo feels smoother, no lag!

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Was wondering. Didnt see anything in instructions that said to. The shop manager said it when called to schedule appointment for install.
I installed mine. You most certainly do not need to drain the radiator, I think they're gonna try putting it in that way by pulling your radiator. That's the wrong way, I can promise you that. Even the install instructions never say to mess with anything other than the grill n front facia

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Dropped truck off at 8 am to get intercooler, pipes, catch can, & raptor grill installed. Shop told me the radiator would have to be drained for intercooler install. Cant wait to get it back.
That's an interesting way to go about it! They shouldn't need to remove the radiator for this install, so that makes me wonder if they're just doing it as a precautionary measure, IE they don't want to accidentally damage the radiator since they're pretty close.

Great question, and you are totally right when it comes to biggest isn't always the best, it's a delicate balance of increasing core volume without dropping pressure too far. This is something that we're always taking into account when designing out intercoolers since we intend for these to work both on a stock and performance tune. That all said, since we increased the volume there is a slight pressure drop, but our design minimizes that drop, so any lag that might be caused is barely noticeable.

I hope that helps, and feel free to reach out with any more questions!

-Nick

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
That's an interesting way to go about it! They shouldn't need to remove the radiator for this install, so that makes me wonder if they're just doing it as a precautionary measure, IE they don't want to accidentally damage the radiator since they're pretty close.

Great question, and you are totally right when it comes to biggest isn't always the best, it's a delicate balance of increasing core volume without dropping pressure too far. This is something that we're always taking into account when designing out intercoolers since we intend for these to work both on a stock and performance tune. That all said, since we increased the volume there is a slight pressure drop, but our design minimizes that drop, so any lag that might be caused is barely noticeable.

I hope that helps, and feel free to reach out with any more questions!

-Nick
Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.