First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I think it’s important to revise some.

After reading this thread I was just going to wait for Mishimoto to come out with their intercooler. I like the level but was scared of a long wait and shitty customer service.

anyways.. I called levels yesterday and asked if Nick had any intercooler steady to go. He said no but also said he’d make one for me and have I ready to go out today. I woke up with pictures of the intercooler. I paid for it. And got a shipping confirmation in no time.

I only bring this up so people don’t read this thread and shy away from doing business with levels. I couldn’t be more impressed by his customer service.
I have been considering an intercooler upgrade. Based on what I have read here I will not be considering this one. If it is difficult to even get your order how much more difficult would it be to get any service AFTER he has my money? No thanks. There are much better options.
Sponsored

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT

After reading this thread I was just going to wait for Mishimoto to come out with their intercooler. I like the level but was scared of a long wait and shitty customer service.

anyways.. I called levels yesterday and asked if Nick had any intercooler steady to go. He said no but also said he’d make one for me and have I ready to go out today. I woke up with pictures of the intercooler. I paid for it. And got a shipping confirmation in no time.

I only bring this up so people don’t read this thread and shy away from doing business with levels. I couldn’t be more impressed by his customer service.
Have you received your intercooler yet? If not, is the tracking showing any progress?

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Automotive Interior Repair
I have been considering an intercooler upgrade. Based on what I have read here I will not be considering this one. If it is difficult to even get your order how much more difficult would it be to get any service AFTER he has my money? No thanks. There are much better options.
Go ahead and make a list of your “better options” because you’d only be able list one and that’s Mountune. And Mountune has their own charge piping which is inferior to the AFE charge piping. Levels intercooler can still run the afe charge pipes. AFE charge pipes + levels intercooler > Mountune intercooler. but like you said... “much better options” ?? bashing a company you’ve never done business with is another LEVEL of petty.

Took less than a week for to get my intercooler after payment. I even paid him through cashapp to get a discount and free shipping. I couldn’t be more happy with the quality of this product.

11ABCDBE-1579-4DCC-BA45-9334BFAA160C.jpeg

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Have you received your intercooler yet? If not, is the tracking showing any progress?
Took less than a week to get it. He also emailed and texted me shipping updates.

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Well, I have one and like it. But it is good to know when others have had issues with vendors so we can all make more well informed decisions. Glad you got your's so quickly though. You will love the cooler temps. The install is pretty straight forward. Just don't get too aggressive with the plastic parts as you remove them. But the toughest part is getting the stock intercooler out. Once you have that, then you can start drinking beer!
Can I drink the beer before the job is complete though? Just one??

I just got it in about an hour ago. Taking my time, taking pictures and writing down the details it took about 2 hours. Gonna wrote up a DIY for it that hopefully will benefit someone in the future.

but if you read this thread from the beginning it’s pretty old. Im sure he had some issues with production early on but he built mine for me that very Morning and had it in the mail the same day. The reason I got this thread going again is so people will see he’s on top of his game now and has everything figured out. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy anything else off of him in the future.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab

How much did the intercooler cost you?

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Can I drink the beer before the job is complete though? Just one??

I just got it in about an hour ago. Taking my time, taking pictures and writing down the details it took about 2 hours. Gonna wrote up a DIY for it that hopefully will benefit someone in the future.

but if you read this thread from the beginning it’s pretty old. Im sure he had some issues with production early on but he built mine for me that very Morning and had it in the mail the same day. The reason I got this thread going again is so people will see he’s on top of his game now and has everything figured out. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy anything else off of him in the future.
Unfortunately, he has a history of getting stuff out and then lots of delays and no communication with others. There's no consistency. Really tries your patience when it should have shipped 2 month earlier.

Last edited:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Go ahead and make a list of your “better options” because you’d only be able list one and that’s Mountune. And Mountune has their own charge piping which is inferior to the AFE charge piping. Levels intercooler can still run the afe charge pipes. AFE charge pipes + levels intercooler > Mountune intercooler. but like you said... “much better options” ?? bashing a company you’ve never done business with is another LEVEL of petty.

Took less than a week for to get my intercooler after payment. I even paid him through cashapp to get a discount and free shipping. I couldn’t be more happy with the quality of this product.

Well, that’s what reviews are for. I can decide not to do business with anyone I like. And I can post my opinion if I want. Don’t like it? Scroll on by.
It is a lot of money for minimal gains no matter whose unit you use. If I decide I want upgrade I’ll wait for Mishimoto. They are on my list of better options.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

I didnt like how Mountune makes you use your stock tubes with their silicone ends to match up to their end tanks. It is lesser than ideal for sure. The stock hot side pipe is weirdly small.
They do plan on making replacement piping in the future and Mishimoto is currently working on pipes that will work with any stock location end tanks like AFE.

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I didnt like how Mountune makes you use your stock tubes with their silicone ends to match up to their end tanks. It is lesser than ideal for sure. The stock hot side pipe is weirdly small.
They do plan on making replacement piping in the future and Mishimoto is currently working on pipes that will work with any stock location end tanks like AFE.
I really hoped mishimoto would have had theirs done by now. I’ve never had an issue with any of their products. But In the end levels was a great upgrade and great quality.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach

What makes Mountune’s pipes inferior?
Is it the silicone?
Have you seen poor testing numbers?

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
UA Piperfitter
Just updating this old thread. It’s been over a year and I still don’t have my intercooler and I definitely can’t recommend doing business with Nik. You might get it and you might not.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Just updating this old thread. It’s been over a year and I still don’t have my intercooler and I definitely can’t recommend doing business with Nik. You might get it and you might not.
Mishimoto just release their pipes and in a few weeks their pipes and intercooler will be on sale.

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mishimoto just release their pipes and in a few weeks their pipes and intercooler will be on sale.
And their overly to big couplers and clamps look like they came from dollar tree.
Sponsored