Status
Not open for further replies.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got mine installed today without removing the facia. I also had some issues getting the right angle to get it to fit in. I ended up using a hammer along the top flange on the oval cutouts and it dropped right in. The metal on those cutouts isn't very thick and is easy to massage with a hammer or even vice grips. I would have saved myself 45 minutes of aggravation if I did this from the get go.

IMHO, the grill removal was the most difficult part.
Any pics of the area in question that you hit with the hammer. Is it something I could do ahead of the install.
Sponsored

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
3rd pic in post #181 by Dustanmont where the hot and cold pipes connect. There's a small flare around the holes. I just needed about 1mm to get the intercooler pipes to clear the top edge.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Has anyone done a real world test of the reduction in temps from their Mishimoto IC? Mishimoto's data is very low in comparison to others out there. Yes, a 7 degree reduction is a reduction, but others are claiming double digit reductions. Just curious. I know different testing methods, conditions, etc. can affect results that is why a real-world on the road test before and after would be conclusive (which is what others seem to be doing to get their results).

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Has anyone done a real world test of the reduction in temps from their Mishimoto IC? Mishimoto's data is very low in comparison to others out there. Yes, a 7 degree reduction is a reduction, but others are claiming double digit reductions. Just curious. I know different testing methods, conditions, etc. can affect results that is why a real-world on the road test before and after would be conclusive (which is what others seem to be doing to get their results).
What other companies are you referring to? Besides the Mishimoto I have not seen any other aluminium radiators available for the Ranger. Another thing to think of. Even with the Mishimoto it simply comes down to controling the coolant temperatures under load more effectively. Do it too much and it can affect heater performance. Not a good thing if you live in areas where it gets really cold.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
What other companies are you referring to? Besides the Mishimoto I have not seen any other aluminium radiators available for the Ranger. Another thing to think of. Even with the Mishimoto it simply comes down to controling the coolant temperatures under load more effectively. Do it too much and it can affect heater performance. Not a good thing if you live in areas where it gets really cold.
Let's use Mountune as an example. Also, I am talking intercooler. This thread title refers to their intercooler.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Let's use Mountune as an example. Also, I am talking intercooler. This thread title refers to their intercooler.
My bad for some reason i thought this was the radiator thread lol.

For comparison they will most likely be very close in quality and functionality. If you look at Mishimoto they simply to a step on the throuttle for 3 seconds at best and show the temp increase of stock vs thier own
Mountune on the otherhand shows a bit more doing speed all together. Wich do I think is best? Well I havent messed with either brand but I would think Mishimoto is the better of the two. By how much? I have no idea.

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah im most definitely on the fence for either IC, mountune or Mishi. Hard to choose. Will have to search the this forum and other various sources a little more to see which one id like the most. Mountune's kit appears to be a little cheaper $ as well.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah im most definitely on the fence for either IC, mountune or Mishi. Hard to choose. Will have to search the this forum and other various sources a little more to see which one id like the most. Mountune's kit appears to be a little cheaper $ as well.
Yes both are similar. You cannot use aftermarket charge pipes though. That is the main problem with mountune

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Yes both are similar. You cannot use aftermarket charge pipes though. That is the main problem with mountune
Well, correct, nothing is compatible directly

But I am running the AFE hot side pipe with a Mountune Intercooler. Cut off the end of the pipe, used one of the silicon connections that came with the intercooler. Fits nicely. Cold side pipe that the intercooler came with was just fine so I used it. So I have a hybrid system of sorts

I will say my real world before and after are very similar to what they claim in the graphs. I tested in the same conditions and same road (Cajon pass for those familiar in CA, towing my trailer). Definitely saw an overall reduction in temps and sustained efficiency under sustained boost. Was watching the gauges on my tuner

Mountune has 40+ years experience and specializes in the Ecoboost family. I am not affiliated

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I am probably going to go CVF due to an excellent reputation in the Mustang Ecoboost forums plus the price, but it is always nice to get good comparisons. I would have done the prototype testing for CVF, but with a baby on the way and other issues, I just do not have the time. Someone else on the forum is doing that. Anxious to see what it is like.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Mountune has 40+ years experience and specializes in the Ecoboost family. I am not affiliated
Also, they have a VERY close relationship with Ford Racing, so much so that Ford sells their products backed by a Ford warranty.

Mountune is not as well known in the states as they should be.

Given a choice between the two, and all things being equal I'd put Mountune products on my Ford before the Mishinoto myself.

Also unaffiliated, and never used either product.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.