First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
I had around 7000 on mine before I got my tune only because I procrastinated getting one for over 10 months. :headbang: There are several here who have had theirs tuned with about the same miles as you and have had no issues. I would get it now.?

I can only guess on the winter driving that if/when it gets bad out you can just flash the stock tune back so it's not so aggressive to drive when the weathers bad. It's easy to do and only takes maybe 2-3 minutes. This way when it clears up (even through the winter) you can flash bask the performance or tow tune.
After consulting the CFO (wife) and laying out my case in an intelligent and logical manner (begging on my knees), I have placed my order for the Livernois tuner.

Thanks, everyone, for all the info in this thread.

Let the waiting begin.

Steve
Sponsored

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
After consulting the CFO (wife) and laying out my case in an intelligent and logical manner (begging on my knees), I have placed my order for the Livernois tuner.

Thanks, everyone, for all the info in this thread.

Let the waiting begin.

Steve
Ordered mine on the same day! The count down begins

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm really happy with the results of my tune. I had the high oil level at first with fuel smell. The dealership corrected the oil level at 1500 miles. I changed the oil at 3400 an watched it. At 6K the smell was barely there an the level stayed good so I slapped the tune in.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I searched but couldn't find an answer to another question that has come to my mind:

Does the Tow button do anything after the tune is installed?

IOW, if I am running the 87 Performance tune, pressing the Tow button is no longer sufficient for towing as I would still need to switch to the Tow tune.

I would guess it would still activate the "trailer radar" mode and such, but is the button otherwise no longer useful?

Does the button still do its functions with the Ford Performance tune?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I searched but couldn't find an answer to another question that has come to my mind:

Does the Tow button do anything after the tune is installed?

IOW, if I am running the 87 Performance tune, pressing the Tow button is no longer sufficient for towing as I would still need to switch to the Tow tune.

I would guess it would still activate the "trailer radar" mode and such, but is the button otherwise no longer useful?

Does the button still do its functions with the Ford Performance tune?
The tow button does the same thing it did before with the Livernois tune (and I would assume the FP as well). I used it regularly to hold speed better coming downhill with the Performance tune (no trailer). They recommend switching to the tow tune for any real towing but the button definitely does the same thing it did before.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got mine today. Set up and sent them the stock calibration. Now for more waiting.

20201027_135724.jpg
Got mine in the mail too. now just waiting to get off work so I can download it and send it to them tonight. Then more waiting :crazy:
It's worth the wait...I just wish I got mine sooner and didn't procrastinate it like I did for over 8 months. Besides the damper (yeah I had to squeeze that in there) it's the best mod you can do for your Ranger. ?

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
It's worth the wait...I just wish I got mine sooner and didn't procrastinate it like I did for over 8 months. Besides the damper (yeah I had to squeeze that in there) it's the best mod you can do for your Ranger. ?
Lol yeah I could only last a month. How long does it take usually for them to send back the tunes?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Lol yeah I could only last a month. How long does it take usually for them to send back the tunes?
It depends on how busy they are but usually 2-3 days. Give them a call after you send your stock tune just to make sure they got it and everything's good. Then ask if they can give you a VIP rush on it. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
1-2 DAYS, sometimes same day
When I did mine they were swamped with orders. It was near the beginning of their $100.00 off so they were running 2-3 days and sometimes longer then.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
Out of curiosity as well, does fords system see tunes on vehicles? I work for Chrysler and I know there you don't really care nor really can see if someone is running a tune. All it shows in Star is when a flash was done on a module

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Out of curiosity as well, does fords system see tunes on vehicles? I work for Chrysler and I know there you don't really care nor really can see if someone is running a tune. All it shows in Star is when a flash was done on a module
Yes they do. If you're bringing your Ranger in for service they (Livernois) recommend flashing it back to the stock tune. More than likely they're not going to look for it during routine maintenance but it's better to be safe and just flash it back which only takes a couple minutes.
Sponsored