First Name
Loma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Maintenance Director
Short story: Installed 91-93 Performance Tune this morning and I love it.

Long Story:
Ordered MyCal Touch Tuner last Sunday evening and requested UPS 2nd Day Air. UPS had a glitch due to weather or Covid or something and I did not get the Tuner until Thursday evening. I downloaded the stock tunes and sent in the request around 8:45pm Thursday. I was not sure if the stock tunes sent (internet issues) so I called Anthony at Livernois Friday morning because I did not want to find out Monday that they did not have them. He said they had them and "no promises" but he would try to get the request filled Friday evening or Saturday. Got at email at 7:08pm Friday that my tunes were ready for download. Great customer service!

I received the following tunes as requested:
91-93 Octane Performance
91-93 Octane Performance w/soft shifts
87-89 Octane Perfomance
87-93 Towing

I have a 2019 Lariat FX4 Supercrew with about 7300 miles on it running 93 octane except for one tank of 89 because the station was out of premium. The only changes I have made (other than Forscan changes) was Weathertech VentVisors and Mudflaps and installed Ham Radio. Mine came with a dealer insatlled folding bed cover. I have averaged 22.3 mpg over the first 7300 miles.

I am a light footed driver and my wife gets frustrated because I usually drive right at the posted speed limit. My first impression this morning after installing the 91-93 performance tune was a better throttle response and around 200 rpm decrease to maintain posted speeds. I noticed the sequential shift but it did not seem harsh shifting into 2nd as some others have posted. I believe this probably has to do with the adaptive transmission already accustomed to my light foot. I requested the soft shifts due to some comments in this thread, but I doubt I will ever use it. I like this one. Also, I reset my trip meter yesterday for a short 40 mile trip and still avg'd about 22.3 mpg stock. I reset this morning after installing tune and the same trip avg 26.4 mpg.

But wait there's more:
As I entered the highway this morning the right lane traffic had slowed to about 25 mph. I switched to the left lane and accelerated from 25 to 70 in the length of two 18-Wheelers and the engine seemed to want to do more, but remember I drive with a very light foot and the speed limit was only 65.

Finally:
Although I usually drive light footed, there are some situations that require a more aggressive approach so I usually test each of my vehicles capabilities after about the first 1000 miles. My Ranger performed well during this test but I found the speed governor at about 109 mph during the initial test. It took about 1.5 miles to go from 70 to 109 at WOT. New tune so new test this afternoon.
I did not find the governor but went from 70 to 117 in less than 1 mile at WOT. My tires are only rated for 110 so I let off at that point but I could tell it wanted to do more.

Ford did good with this engine but the Federal requirements harnessed this engine's true capabilities. Livernois Tuning set it Free and I could not be happier with the price, quality, and service.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Just got my tuner an waiting on tunes...I'm think I'm going with the 87-89 tune but all the threads on how great the high octane tune is I might run the high octane in the summer an low in the winter when I'm not out messing around in it. If premium was just 25-30 cents more like it used to be I'd run it all the time but it's 75 to 90 cents more here depending on if it's 91 or 93. That's about $50-$60 a month an it all adds up when you're trying to retire in a year.

Reactions: Doc

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my tuner an waiting on tunes...I'm think I'm going with the 87-89 tune but all the threads on how great the high octane tune is I might run the high octane in the summer an low in the winter when I'm not out messing around in it. If premium was just 25-30 cents more like it used to be I'd run it all the time but it's 75 to 90 cents more here depending on if it's 91 or 93. That's about $50-$60 a month an it all adds up when you're trying to retire in a year.
Ypu can run the 87-89 performance tune with any gas with no issues.

Higher octane will just perform better.

BLU_RNGR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2010 Subaru WRX STi, 2000 ford ranger XLT, 1973 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Self employed
I got my tunes yesterday but hadn’t Gotten a chance to load one.

I loaded the 91-93 tune this morning and I am incredibly impressed...actually speechless when I first drove it. I experienced no hard shifting after loading the tune, in fact it felt how it should have always shifted. After a mile, letting it warm up and learn a bit I hammered on the throttle. WOW. This truck is quick, every shift especially 3rd and up felt crisp, refined, and like a slingshot into the powerband of the next gear. I am thoroughly impressed, and well....the truck seems to enjoy it as well. It felt lethargic compared to what it is now.

I’ll be towing my Subaru with the towing tune on a flat bed 400mi in a couple weeks, cant wait to see how it does!

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
Got my tunes late friday... of course it rained off and on all weekend so waited until this morning to install. Installed the 93 performance tune and drove it about 20 miles before deciding to see what this tune was all about. 1st to 2nd shifts were a little crisp but really not bad. Ok... lets do this.... little bit of tire spin 10 feet out... fairly loud chirp to 2nd and same for 3rd.... by the time I looked at the speedo is was over 70mph! From what I can see it is well behaved under normal driving but cant wait to show its teeth!
Good job Livernois!!

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The wait for the tune file is so difficult! haha. Hoping tomorrow i'll get mine

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
got my tunes today....I put the 87-89 tune in an drove around the block. I think I'm gonna like it. Had a long hot day so I didn't take a drive,

Starjammir

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Rn
Put my 91 tune in. Runs amazing, just how the truck should have came from the factory.

Also, if any of your wives have a explorer at, get their tune too. Made my wife's car a rocket.

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
For the gauges you can have on the tuner which one is boost pressure? wanna be able to see what the turbo is boosting at.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Sorry. New guy here...For boost pressure can you use a obd2 dongle and app on the phone?

dvh

First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rangler XLT Supercrew, 2019 Hyundai Elantra Limited
Was advised that the Ford tuners won't be in stock until mid July now :mad:, so after reading this thread, I've cancelled my order and will be getting one once I get my refund.
Hey Jeremy, long time no communicate. just a question regarding these performance tunes...it all sounds great, but do you see a downside?

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jeremy, long time no communicate. just a question regarding these performance tunes...it all sounds great, but do you see a downside?
As long as you don't go through Shipnex, you should be fine! Seriously though, I have nothing but good things to say about the Livernois tune, it's very easy to install and I'm very pleased with the how the truck performs now. They've been working on Ecoboost motors for years and it shows, and the customer service is top notch.
Sponsored