Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta stop reading this thread....I'm ready to ditch my AR pistol build an put that money into the tune, an I don't even push my ranger! I only jump on it occasionally when merging an getting around a slug holding up the left lane.
Well, with the MPG improvement, it will pay for itself.
Sponsored

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Those with the tune and if you have the low range sort of transmission clunkiness, have you experienced much better shifting with the tune? I think I read some of you have experience much more improved shifting with the sequential gear option

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Those with the tune and if you have the low range sort of transmission clunkiness, have you experienced much better shifting with the tune? I think I read some of you have experience much more improved shifting with the sequential gear option
I do not have any shifting issues, nor did I have any prior to the tune installation. What I notice the most is that in drive mode, the transmission is more predictable. I rarely use drive as I prefer the sport mode and the shifts in the lower gears are much more firm than previous and I attribute part of this to the added torque.

Reactions: Doc

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
That's good to know.. My tranny has begun clunking some when I'm coasting and it wants to downshift. I can't predict when it'll do it. Then again, I've also never had an auto before. I hope the tune smooths things out!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
That's good to know.. My tranny has begun clunking some when I'm coasting and it wants to downshift. I can't predict when it'll do it. Then again, I've also never had an auto before. I hope the tune smooths things out!
I'd take it to the dealer before installing the tune....you can bet your bottom dollar they will say it was the tune that caused it if ya don't. Let them fix the issue, then install the tune :thumbsup:

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I'd take it to the dealer before installing the tune....you can bet your bottom dollar they will say it was the tune that caused it if ya don't. Let them fix the issue, then install the tune :thumbsup:
It's extremely mild and I'm sure they'll say it's working as intended. You can't really feel it unless you're looking for it. I'm inclined to think it's the "feature" that others have others have mentioned ?‍♂

Reactions: Doc

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Sorry to hear of this. We've not had anyone mention their trucks had shifting issues on the stock or custom tunes to my knowledge. So it would definitely be worth at least checking the fluid level or having it looked at before loading a tune that's going to increase shift pressure and add more HP / TQ since that could potentially further aggravate the trans if it's low on fluid or has something mechanical going on.

If you have not already pulled the stock read and plan to take it into the dealer for a service visit as others have mentioned, also be sure to hold off on saving the stock cal until after the dealer visit. If you have the tune already it's strongly suggested to go back to stock and then to check your ECU / SW codes again after service to verify if they have been updated to something newer. Then if the ECU / SW codes have been changed any time the vehicle's in the shop you'll want to hold off on reloading the tune and send over an email request for tunes with your new ECU codes so we can write new files to match their updated stock strategy code.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
I have slightly larger tires now. So I updated the tire size with the tool. I did notice the original value was 686. According to the stock tire size, it should have been 660. So it was little off to begin with. I changed mine to 638. Be interesting to see if the computer is any closer to actual gas mileage now.
265/70 R17

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
I have slightly larger tires now. So I updated the tire size with the tool. I did notice the original value was 686. According to the stock tire size, it should have been 660. So it was little off to begin with. I changed mine to 638. Be interesting to see if the computer is any closer to actual gas mileage now.
265/70 R17
Glad to hear you were able to put the tire / gear adjustment option to good use now also. Yeah I've seen vehicles are often times off right from the factory sometimes by upwards of 2-3 MPH at higher speeds. This can also play a role when it comes to the tire adjustment option also, so we usually suggest to check the speedometer accuracy after adjustment to make sure it's where you want it. It can also correct the average MPG if the speedometer was slightly off previously.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Glad to hear you were able to put the tire / gear adjustment option to good use now also. Yeah I've seen vehicles are often times off right from the factory sometimes by upwards of 2-3 MPH at higher speeds. This can also play a role when it comes to the tire adjustment option also, so we usually suggest to check the speedometer accuracy after adjustment to make sure it's where you want it. It can also correct the average MPG if the speedometer was slightly off previously.
It sounds like the tire adjustment tool is available right through the tuner by the end user?

Livernois Motorsports

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
It sounds like the tire adjustment tool is available right through the tuner by the end user?
Yes sir there is a Diagnostics and Tools menu in the Mycal touch you would select to locate the Tire / Gear adjustment feature. The tire adjustment function is measured by your tire's revolutions per mile. Often times these trucks can already be off right from the factory by upwards of 3% which can be a 1-3 MPH variance depending on the speed you are comparing the speedometer against a GPS or other accurate source. So I always suggest to make note of your original revs per mile and then you'd type in the new tires revs per mile to make the adjustments for aftermarket wheel / tire size changes. From there I always suggest to check the speedometer accuracy before trusting it just in case you need to make some minor tweaks to get it just right.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir there is a Diagnostics and Tools menu in the Mycal touch you would select to locate the Tire / Gear adjustment feature. The tire adjustment function is measured by your tire's revolutions per mile. Often times these trucks can already be off right from the factory by upwards of 3% which can be a 1-3 MPH variance depending on the speed you are comparing the speedometer against a GPS or other accurate source. So I always suggest to make note of your original revs per mile and then you'd type in the new tires revs per mile to make the adjustments for aftermarket wheel / tire size changes. From there I always suggest to check the speedometer accuracy before trusting it just in case you need to make some minor tweaks to get it just right.
And it works great!

Khorus

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Can you clarify?
Mine likes to clunk into gear on downshifts, and taking off in first feels like letting a clutch out and it slipping. It got better after 1500 miles and then a new BOV made it even better but still doesn't feel normal to me.
Sponsored