First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
yea, I'm actually debating ordering the extendable towing mirrors from Clearview in Australia - they have integrated BLIS, and all the other options (power fold, heat, turn signal, puddle) as available combinations as well. I'd just need to find the appropriate pinout diagrams, that's the hardest part - not knowing where to find em.
I would defiantly contact them directly for input on the BLIS statement. They state BLIS is only available for vehicles that have it from factory. To the best of my knowledge the ROW Rangers do not have this feature. Also be prepare to do a lot of wiring as NA non-Lariat Rangers to not have all the needed wires run in the door harness. Clearview USA has been contacted and has said the don't have any plans to release a mirror for our NA Rangers. Claim not enough demand. Kind of funny with what people are towing with it. Also the AU version physically fits just the wiring is different. Would love to have them but I'm way over cobbling the wiring that much. Keep us informed on your progress. The new Compact version does look nice though, not much bigger than stock.
Sponsored

Husky85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercrew Fx4
Someone else is trying to do that as well - or was it you!?
I think they had already bought them. I will see if I can find the thread

Here it is Wiring diagram help
Awesome, that wiring diagram PDF will help immensely! It'll take a little flipping back and forth with the Ford parts website to figure out where the connectors are located, but that shouldn't be too difficult to do with split screen

Husky85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would defiantly contact them directly for input on the BLIS statement. They state BLIS is only available for vehicles that have it from factory. To the best of my knowledge the ROW Rangers do not have this feature. Also be prepare to do a lot of wiring as NA non-Lariat Rangers to not have all the needed wires run in the door harness. Clearview USA has been contacted and has said the don't have any plans to release a mirror for our NA Rangers. Claim not enough demand. Kind of funny with what people are towing with it. Also the AU version physically fits just the wiring is different. Would love to have them but I'm way over cobbling the wiring that much. Keep us informed on your progress. The new Compact version does look nice though, not much bigger than stock.
Their stance has changed - they're planning on stocking them in their NA warehouse Late Fall or Early Winter. A friend of mine is supposedly getting a set sometime later this month for his Lariat, so I'm gonna see how easy they are for him to install before I decide if I want to pull the trigger on more than just BLIS/power adjust for my XLT.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Their stance has changed - they're planning on stocking them in their NA warehouse Late Fall or Early Winter. A friend of mine is supposedly getting a set sometime later this month for his Lariat, so I'm gonna see how easy they are for him to install before I decide if I want to pull the trigger on more than just BLIS/power adjust for my XLT.
Anxiously awaiting updates on this. I'll start saving my dollars for them. Would love to get rid of my clamp-ons when towing my TT. Might be the best MOD to come along in a while. Now if someone would come up with an easy way to lower the back end 1-2 inches. Don't say Beltech, 4 inches is to much. Just want to level without raising the front.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Just a note - BLIS is much more that adding wires. Everything else is just running wires and tapping into the harness. Well folding does require a different switch, right?
BLIS needs the taillights which are Ridiculously expensive and then maybe setting changes? If I was doing it I would again get everything routed thru the door as I did and and install a connetor (moles whatever) just inside the cab. The run the wires internally. I would leave BLIS for last if ever.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just a note - BLIS is much more that adding wires. Everything else is just running wires and tapping into the harness. Well folding does require a different switch, right?
BLIS needs the taillights which are Ridiculously expensive and then maybe setting changes? If I was doing it I would again get everything routed thru the door as I did and and install a connetor (moles whatever) just inside the cab. The run the wires internally. I would leave BLIS for last if ever.
My comments were more around installing the Clearview mirrors, and whether they in fact have it. My XLT has BLIS and I would miss it if they didn't support it. I agree adding BLIS to a truck without it is a huge undertaking. It not just the taillights but also the BLIS sensors which are separate but mounted in the taillights. Hopefully needed wiring is in the harness.

Husky85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, my XLT already has BLIS, that's why I'm going with the Clearview ones.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
so back on topic ?
@Scubamado had a slightly different approach than mine here: XLT swap out to Lariat Mirror and door Harness
Rather than create the door harness he bought stock Lariat door harnesses ($90 for LH and $80 for RH).
Part numbers to the lariat harnesses:
KB3Z14630-F (passenger side)​
KB3Z14631-G (drivers side)​
The harness includes the accordion seal. The advantage of this is you don't need to add pins to the connector nor fish wires thru the door accordion seal, so a cleaner in the door install. Only disadvantage is the cost, but your time to create your own harness aint free! at least mines not.
The Tap Harness I made would now tap into the door harness where it comes into the body. Lengths and everything would be the same. Ryan had a good point about the grounds, I added one. Not sure if the Lariat door harness mates up to existing or non-existent grounds indide the cab.
Stay tuned

Last edited:

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
This looks like a perfect upgrade to the XLT! Is there any threads about upgrading to heated seats too? I already plan to upgrade to leather seats in the near future.. might as well heat them too.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
This looks like a perfect upgrade to the XLT! Is there any threads about upgrading to heated seats too? I already plan to upgrade to leather seats in the near future.. might as well heat them too.
Well the heated seats at least with my experience having the duel climate control will allow the lariat center bezel with the heated seats buttons to light up but haven't gotten around to actually wiring the heat

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Checking the links in the first post, it looks like the cost of just the heated mirror glass has come down to around $100 each so it's now a much more palatable option.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Going the door harness route here are the tap points at the door. You would connect these to the same points I noted in my install making the same tap harness I detailed.
The colors
NOTE if the wire to the right of the connectors is present you do not have to create a tap for that wire. Quite possibly the Black ground wire will be there, but doubtful on the others.
1636408582733.png

Attached pdfs are the Detailed Connector Views for the 4 connectors involved above.
@Scubamado check these out Ryan - report back if it works.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scubamado

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Going the door harness route here are the tap points at the door. You would connect these to the same points I noted in my install making the same tap harness I detailed.
The colors
NOTE if the wire to the right of the connectors is present you do not have to create a tap for that wire. Quite possibly the Black ground wire will be there, but doubtful on the others.
1636408582733.png

Attached pdfs are the Detailed Connector Views for the 4 connectors involved above.
@Scubamado check these out Ryan - report back if it works.
You are AWESOME! Thank you so much. I will report back soon. I have both mirrors and door harnesses installed. As soon as I can break free I will dig into the wiring. Again, Thank you so much.
Sponsored