First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I’m not sure if this is related enough but I’ll ask anyway. I’ve replaced my factory mirrors with a pair of ROW towing mirrors and though I’ve gotten the power function working, I have the BLIS malfunction lights on continually. Is there a way I can disable the warning lights or wire them into aftermarket LED’s? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure if this is related enough but I’ll ask anyway. I’ve replaced my factory mirrors with a pair of ROW towing mirrors and though I’ve gotten the power function working, I have the BLIS malfunction lights on continually. Is there a way I can disable the warning lights or wire them into aftermarket LED’s? Thanks.
Well thats odd - does your truck have BLIS?

And Pin 11 supplies voltage to the mirror for BLIS

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I am assuming here the malfunction lights you are talking about are on your dash. They are there because the ROW mirrors do not support BLIS. Your truck is looking for a light in the mirror that isn't there. You will probably need to go into Forscan and disable the Blind Spot Monitoring System in the IPC module.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I am assuming here the malfunction lights you are talking about are on your dash. They are there because the ROW mirrors do not support BLIS. Your truck is looking for a light in the mirror that isn't there. You will probably need to go into Forscan and disable the Blind Spot Monitoring System in the IPC module.
ahh didn't think of that! @JimRn do you mean the light in the mirror is always on or an idiot light on the dash?

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Well thats odd - does your truck have BLIS?

And Pin 11 supplies voltage to the mirror for BLIS
yes. The truck does have BLIS.

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Your assumption is correct regarding the lights in the dash. If I install LED’s in the ROW mirrors, would that resolve the error?

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
ahh didn't think of that! @JimRn do you mean the light in the mirror is always on or an idiot light on the dash?
It’s the idiot light in the dash.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Your assumption is correct regarding the lights in the dash. If I install LED’s in the ROW mirrors, would that resolve the error?
It might if you figure how to mount and wire them up. Can't help you there

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm waiting for Clearview tp release their US mirrors this spring. Last word is they are close.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
An LED might work as you already have the wire in the door harness.
I'll take a look at the diagrams tomorrow.

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I'm waiting for Clearview tp release their US mirrors this spring. Last word is they are close.
I would’ve waited except I wanted the extra safety that extendable towing mirrors give. It’s a day and night difference while towing a travel trailer. I‘lol be curious as to the cost of the Clearviews.

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
An LED might work as you already have the wire in the door harness.
I'll take a look at the diagrams tomorrow.
That’s what I was thinking. I tried just touching the 11 and 12 positions in the harness to see if I could get the LED’s to light up to no avail but with a little more reassurance I’ll go for it. Thanks for your help and your great thread on adding lariat mirrors to an XLT. Very thorough write-up.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would’ve waited except I wanted the extra safety that extendable towing mirrors give. It’s a day and night difference while towing a travel trailer. I‘lol be curious as to the cost of the Clearviews.
I have a set of clamp-ons that work well, but am looking forward the convenience if the Clearviews. I just didn't want to deal with losing the BLIS and having to do a bunch of rewiring. I've been in contact with them and they are keeping me up on the release date.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I was thinking. I tried just touching the 11 and 12 positions in the harness to see if I could get the LED’s to light up to no avail but with a little more reassurance I’ll go for it. Thanks for your help and your great thread on adding lariat mirrors to an XLT. Very thorough write-up.
You are on the right track it seems. Did you try the LED both ways? Polarity matters.
1636987866751.png
Sponsored