First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
You are on the right track it seems. Did you try the LED both ways? Polarity matters.
1636987866751.png
There has to be more to the BLIS system than a single wire from the taillight assembly. It must have some connection to the BCM. I know it uses the same sensors for both BLIS and Cross-Traffic and you can adjust the distance/sensitivity for trailer tow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
There has to be more to the BLIS system than a single wire from the taillight assembly. It must have some connection to the BCM. I know it uses the same sensors for both BLIS and Cross-Traffic and you can adjust the distance/sensitivity for trailer tow.
Yes it has CAN bus lines back to the BCM, but only 1 wire that feeds the warning LED in the mirror.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes it has CAN bus lines back to the BCM, but only 1 wire that feeds the warning LED in the mirror.
No wonder the taillights are so expensive, they are basically their own module.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I have a set of clamp-ons that work well, but am looking forward the convenience if the Clearviews. I just didn't want to deal with losing the BLIS and having to do a bunch of rewiring. I've been in contact with them and they are keeping me up on the release date.
how much does Clearview want for the fully optioned mirrors, if you don’t mind my asking. You gotta post pics when you get those installed.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
how much does Clearview want for the fully optioned mirrors, if you don’t mind my asking. You gotta post pics when you get those installed.
They are currently working to get the US versions released. They have not posted prices yet hoping for sometime in February. There is a Clearview towing mirrors thread you can follow to hear the latest news.

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
My LED’s have black and red leads. The pin outs have 12 as a ground and 11 as power. Can I use 12 as the ground or do I need to run an independent ground wire to the chassis? Thanks

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
My LED’s have black and red leads. The pin outs have 12 as a ground and 11 as power. Can I use 12 as the ground or do I need to run an independent ground wire to the chassis? Thanks
Using pin 12 for GND should be fine. Are the LEDs 12V?
There may be more to the LEDs in the mirror than the schematic says.
Here is a $35 parts mirror from a junkyard, use this LINK(and search) or call them
1637011745769.png

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Using pin 12 for GND should be fine. Are the LEDs 12V?
There may be more to the LEDs in the mirror than the schematic says.
Here is a $35 parts mirror from a junkyard, use this LINK(and search) or call them
1637011745769.png
Yes. They are 12V. I’ll be wiring the marker lights and BLIS soon. Wish me luck. Thanks again

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
After I rewire the BLIS LED’s in the mirrors, how do I reset the BLIS system? Does it automatically reset when it senses the new connections?

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
After I rewire the BLIS LED’s in the mirrors, how do I reset the BLIS system? Does it automatically reset when it senses the new connections?
Sorry no idea
you could pull the battery power for 5 min and reconnect. Or use a scan tool to see if the error can be cleared.
If all that deosnt work - start a new thread on the topic.

JimRn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Thanks again for your help.

Scubamado

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Well, I was able to get the blinkers and puddle lights connected and working today. Just can't figure out why I do not have the grey wire where Mike tapped into for heat. Going to try and trace back the drivers side rear defrost wire and tap that if it works. Thank you Mike for the help and the thorough write up with pictures.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I was able to get the blinkers and puddle lights connected and working today. Just can't figure out why I do not have the grey wire where Mike tapped into for heat. Going to try and trace back the drivers side rear defrost wire and tap that if it works. Thank you Mike for the help and the thorough write up with pictures.
Did you check in the fuse box under the hood to see if that is fuse present? Could be more 2020 cost cuting

Scubamado

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I do have the fuse. Im reaching now but only thing I can think of is the 301A vs 302A package?
Sponsored