First Name
Filippo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger chassis cab 2.0 TDCi
Occupation
Web developer, photographer, videomaker
Hello, I'm trying to remove the antenna of my single cab Ford Ranger 2022. I'm building a truck camper and don't want to lose 7cm of space in the cabover just to keep the radio antenna.

I've tried following the advice here but the single cab is quite different, shorter headliner with 2 hooks at the back, see photos attached.

I've talked to the dealer service and they told me it's easy just remove those caps, there should be a screw and then the headliner comes off. He said if I'm careful I could probably unbolt the antenna without removing other trim pieces of the pillars.

The problem is I've tried removing the cap but it's actually another hook and pulling it off reveals a hole where I can see the painted metal of the roof, but no visible screws or anything. I tried pulling but the plastic doesn't move, looks like it's fastened to the metal and the headlines moves around a bit but it's clearly held in place by that plastic hook, I'm afraid to break it if I pull it too much.

Any experience with how to remove these things? Does anybody have a workshop manual for the single cab?

PXL_20220605_081803674.jpg

PXL_20220605_081256215.jpg

PXL_20220605_082050517.jpg
Sponsored

filippomasoni

First Name
Filippo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nevermind I managed to take those off. I just had to pull them really hard, feels like you're gonna brake them but it works. Maybe pulling from top or bottom works a bit better.
The headliner is really stiff though, so I don't have enough room to reach my hand in there, I'll have to remove the seatbelt as well, now I need to find a T47 torx which surprising is hard to find.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a smaller shark fin? I hate how tall this thing is and it hits my garage! I want something more low profile!

15CAEA8E-7B73-43A5-B549-406B016A9951.jpeg

filippomasoni

First Name
Filippo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone found a smaller shark fin? I hate how tall this thing is and it hits my garage! I want something more low profile!
I ended up removing it and sealing with a small sheet of PVC over the hole. The radio and phone reception when on Bluetooth is still good, I didn't see any difference and all of that circuitry inside the fin seems unnecessary. Unless that's got the GPS unit even if I don't have a sat nav... Now I have room for my truck camper.
Sponsored