How to add the door keypad?

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
haha...I unlock my car while walking to the truck...or, I can also use the key fob remote? I can only think one thing the key pad can do without the key is if you locked them in the truck...but then...I still have the phone?
If you are swimming or at the beach you can lock everything in there, for instance I play paintball and airsoft a lot and I leave my keys and phone in the truck and just use the keypad (dont want a stray shot cracking my ridiculously expensive phone). If you do anything outdoorsy there is a major upside to having it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
Just in case anyone is interested. I think I found the best way to add the keypad. https://accessories.ford.com has the keypad and sells the installation for $24. There is a code on the first page for a discount. I paid $127 for the keypad installed. The bill they gave me when the car came back was for $250. They say that is what they charge ford. I would move quick if you want to try to get the $24 installation fee.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Just in case anyone is interested. I think I found the best way to add the keypad. https://accessories.ford.com has the keypad and sells the installation for $24. There is a code on the first page for a discount. I paid $127 for the keypad installed. The bill they gave me when the car came back was for $250. They say that is what they charge ford. I would move quick if you want to try to get the $24 installation fee.
Nice find! I may jump on that.
Thanks!

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Nice find! I may jump on that.
Thanks!
I'm wondering if I can pull mine off my 2019 and install it on my 2024 when it comes in. 6g compatible, I'll have to find out...

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I have mine on the door, how hard is it to take off and relocate?
Just the other day I was getting gas and locked my key and my phone inside. Keypad saved my ass.

OP
OP

JohnnyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Pilot
I'm wondering if I can pull mine off my 2019 and install it on my 2024 when it comes in. 6g compatible, I'll have to find out...

Dont do that. The dealer labor is crazy. one told me 100, one told me 400. It looks like the dealer i used is billing ford 250. Just buy the part with the $24 installation and dont schedule your appointment till the truck comes in. The part number with remote start is KB3Z-14A626-B, without remote i think it is just an "A" instead of a b.
Sponsored