First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I ordered my oil analysis kit today. I am going to try to get a sample tomorrow in anticipation. I have a small glass vial with a lid I can keep it in until the kit gets here. I want to get this captured before the truck goes in for service as I am obviously going to request that they change the oil.

How are you all getting the sample? I was thinking a small tube down in the oil fill port and draw out a sample that way. How much do you usually send into black stone?

I am thinking I might keep my truck parked until my service visit since it’s almost two weeks out. What a pain in the a$$. My oil is currently at or slightly above the twist. I don’t even feel like it’s a good idea to drive my brand new truck considering how much gas in clearly in the fuel.
Just to give you an idea here is one of their sample bottles. Their instructions are also attached

B9C45D16-4283-43F6-BB46-0C6654922AD7.jpeg

9C745690-F99E-4297-A2BE-57E750F8B552.jpeg
Sponsored

createaneutron

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT Sport
Occupation
Medical Physicist
So, I would like to get some collective opinions. I dropped my truck off this am for the third time. My initial 2 visits were "only" for fuel dilution (4.3% per Blackstone). That was after my first oil change at 860 miles, which I changed myself. My second oil change I let the dealership do it and that UOA was 3%. Today I dropped the truck off since now I also have rising level on the dipstick. It is about 1/2'' above top hole (max fill mark), only after 800 miles on my second oil change!
I am assuming the dealership and Ford will again say, "normal and no repairs needed", like they said the previous two trips. The first trip was under Ford Customer Complaint, and the second trip under Ford Warranty Complaint, both nada!
At this point I would like to have Ford buy-back my truck. I REALLY like the Ranger, but Ford needs to pony up and fix the problem! A rising oil level (above max) is very concerning after 800 miles from oil change. I gave the dealership a picture of the overfilled dipstick and the picture from the manual that states "overfilling with oil can cause engine damage".
I am not sure about the going thru the whole sending Ford s certified mail stating that I am not satisfied with their response, and then pursue arbitration. If I am not satisfied with the arbitration, I would then be faced with Lemon Law approach and probably need a Lawyer. My truck only has 3,600 miles on it (2020 XLT) and my Carvana offer to purchase is basically what I paid for it on my nephews A-plan. I am seriously considering this offer and taking the path of least resistance and not try fighting Ford.
What say "you"?

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
So, I would like to get some collective opinions. I dropped my truck off this am for the third time. My initial 2 visits were "only" for fuel dilution (4.3% per Blackstone). That was after my first oil change at 860 miles, which I changed myself. My second oil change I let the dealership do it and that UOA was 3%. Today I dropped the truck off since now I also have rising level on the dipstick. It is about 1/2'' above top hole (max fill mark), only after 800 miles on my second oil change!
I am assuming the dealership and Ford will again say, "normal and no repairs needed", like they said the previous two trips. The first trip was under Ford Customer Complaint, and the second trip under Ford Warranty Complaint, both nada!
At this point I would like to have Ford buy-back my truck. I REALLY like the Ranger, but Ford needs to pony up and fix the problem! A rising oil level (above max) is very concerning after 800 miles from oil change. I gave the dealership a picture of the overfilled dipstick and the picture from the manual that states "overfilling with oil can cause engine damage".
I am not sure about the going thru the whole sending Ford s certified mail stating that I am not satisfied with their response, and then pursue arbitration. If I am not satisfied with the arbitration, I would then be faced with Lemon Law approach and probably need a Lawyer. My truck only has 3,600 miles on it (2020 XLT) and my Carvana offer to purchase is basically what I paid for it on my nephews A-plan. I am seriously considering this offer and taking the path of least resistance and not try fighting Ford.
What say "you"?
If you can get a deal like that, I would unload it. I like my truck but this not standing behind these trucks is getting old. I am very disappointed in Ford's stance on this!

CashSeeAO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-retired engineer
What say "you"?
Given a choice between Ford Buy Back and Carvana, the Carvana option is a no brainer. Why deal with Ford and the headaches?!

createaneutron

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT Sport
Occupation
Medical Physicist
If you can get a deal like that, I would unload it. I like my truck but this not standing behind these trucks is getting old. I am very disappointed in Ford's stance on this!
Thanks for your honest opinion Jim.

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
Last week I jacked the truck up, and pulled the oil out at 2,250 miles.

Ironically, after lifting the hood smelled gasoline vapors. I got dark green oil out of my truck, supposedly that's liquid moly break in (semi-synthetic?) blend. I sent a oil sample to Polaris Labs, and Blackstone Labs. Kinda curious what I'll get back.

I have a non-FX supercab 2020 Ranger, might buy the skid plate. What really irked me is the oil had white stuff settle in my drain pan, also they wheren't lying on the factory oil filter being on there real tight.. !

Added Amsoil Signature 5W-30, and HP-1002 K&N Oil Filter. Didn't like those little $6 ford snap screws. Prolly going to get better clips from mcmaster. As far as future oil changes go, I'm probably going to change the oil myself, every 5000 miles.
I'm almost at 5K miles. I messaged my dealership that I bought the truck from, that I want them to inspect cylinders for excessive fuel dilution in all 4 cylinders for possible replacement of injectors. Check for leaks on the rails, and fuel lines. And possible replacement of the high pressure fuel pump, if defective.

I also asked them to connect the ECU to Ford IDS, to disable Enhanced Engine Noise, as every morning I can hear the damn engine roaring like a V8 when it's accelerating for the first time. (The XLT I test drove sounded fine, I think only the Lariat has this problem...) We'll see how this goes.. !

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
How about after the driver door is closed and a foot on the brake pedal to initiate the prime.
Agreed. Or, since the prime takes 1 second, what my older ranger did: prime as soon as key turn starts. The key turn takes 1/4-1/2 second, I'm willing to wait an extra 1/2 second for the engine to start :p

(for keyless, perhaps slight delay before priming)
I've been going through this thread and had these same thoughts. Has anyone figured out how to update the system to not charge the fuel pressure when engine is off? Might not stop fuel from getting in the oil, but at least stop adding fuel to the cylinders once initial pressure has bled off. I'm guessing they keep it charged to keep air/water/corrosion out of the fuel system. This is a change we should push Ford for.

Thread is getting long, so I'm sure I missed more discussion on it.

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I'm almost at 5K miles. I messaged my dealership that I bought the truck from, that I want them to inspect cylinders for excessive fuel dilution in all 4 cylinders for possible replacement of injectors. Check for leaks on the rails, and fuel lines. And possible replacement of the high pressure fuel pump, if defective.

I also asked them to connect the ECU to Ford IDS, to disable Enhanced Engine Noise, as every morning I can hear the damn engine roaring like a V8 when it's accelerating for the first time. (The XLT I test drove sounded fine, I think only the Lariat has this problem...) We'll see how this goes.. !
I see your from Mars, on your profile maybe the Rangers are trouble free up their! LOL

Reactions: Doc

Deathrider

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Has anyones fuel problem gone away after a performance tune?
Im trying to think of anything right now.
Maybe its a software issue?

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I have seen the fuel fuel in oil thread on and off and really haven’t worried or had the chance to check my Ranger. I finally smelled the oil from my dipstick and it smelled very strong of gas, it also is overfull on the dipstick.

I have owned my 2019 Ranger for a little over a year, I bought it used (one owner) with 5,000 miles on it.

it now has 22,000, I have no idea how long this has been going on with my truck. I have always taken it to Ford for oil changes since I’ve owned it.

I have read 50 pages of this post then skipped ahead, it seems like There is no solid answer why it does this and Ford is not issuing anything yet.

I am going to take my truck to my dealer ASAP, what would you guys advise me to tell them what I want done?

Here is a picture of my dipstick after the Ranger sat all night.

9B64DDEA-ECB0-4014-A134-A1C16D7BA55D.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
I have seen the fuel fuel in oil thread on and off and really haven’t worried or had the chance to check my Ranger. I finally smelled the oil from my dipstick and it smelled very strong of gas, it also is overfull on the dipstick.

I have owned my 2019 Ranger for a little over a year, I bought it used (one owner) with 5,000 miles on it.

it now has 22,000, I have no idea how long this has been going on with my truck. I have always taken it to Ford for oil changes since I’ve owned it.

I have read 50 pages of this post then skipped ahead, it seems like There is no solid answer why it does this and Ford is not issuing anything yet.

I am going to take my truck to my dealer ASAP, what would you guys advise me to tell them what I want done?

How many miles to you have on this oil change?

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT

thats not over full, thats max full. Don’t worry about it yet.
Sponsored