Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not into all this tech stuff, but I was looking at my Ford Pass App & I was wondering if any of you folks that have the issue knowing that your oil is overfull & has fuel in it, checked your Ford App Vehicle Health Report to see if it stated that you have an issue that needs attention. Just curious as to what it would show.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Streak

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It won't show anything. The app only shows something if the check engine light is on. The trucks computer has no way of detecting fuel in the oil.
Thanks for the info. Was not sure how it would know. Makes sense. :) :thumbsup: No CEL no problems. :frown:

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
I bought my ranger in late February after I retired, I just recently learned of this issue and checked my oil level and sure enough it was high. At 3500 miles it was up to the hole past the hash marks on the dipstick and smelled of fuel. I made an appointment with the dealer to get the oil changed and look into the issue. Of course they didn’t capture any of the oil to analyze and had me schedule another appointment to investigate it. My CEL was on after the oil change and my ford pass app stated it was a temperature sensor fault. Turns out when they checked the air filter a sensor wire came disconnected and they didn’t realize it.

The follow up appointment yielded no results, they say couldn’t find fuel in the oil but it is on file now and has been reported to ford. I am going to photograph the oil levels and document it every 500 miles until my next oil change.

Travis_88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
You're not alone, just bought mine and first time I checked the oil it smelled like fuel and the dip stick showed high oil level. Im getting my analysis sent to me. As soon as I have results I'll take it to the dealer. That way I have something definitive to document. Ford will kick it down the road so be prepared to input hard evidence.

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
You're not alone, just bought mine and first time I checked the oil it smelled like fuel and the dip stick showed high oil level. Im getting my analysis sent to me. As soon as I have results I'll take it to the dealer. That way I have something definitive to document. Ford will kick it down the road so be prepared to input hard evidence.
When I returned to have it looked at there was only about 10 miles on the oil change so it makes sense they didn’t find anything. Next time I’m not taking it in for a oil change rather to the service dept so they can investigate what’s going on before the oil is changed.

Do you change your own oil? I read somewhere it’s a pain in the @ss to do in the ranger. If not how did you capture some of the oil to send in for analysis? I may consider that myself.
Sponsored