First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Talk to MotoWojo on the buy back plan, he didn't have much success with it so far!
Sponsored

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Talk to MotoWojo on the buy back plan, he didn't have much success with it so far!
Or don't. From what I remember, he verbally requested it of the customer relations people and was blown off. According to page 34 of the '19 warranty guide, they require written notification for any lemon law claim. https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-96435-23885--,00.html would be a better place to start imo. Which also means you probably need to exercise Ford's arbitration process via BBB Auto Line (pg 33).

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Or don't. From what I remember, he verbally requested it of the customer relations people and was blown off. According to page 34 of the '19 warranty guide, they require written notification for any lemon law claim. https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-96435-23885--,00.html would be a better place to start imo. Which also means you probably need to exercise Ford's arbitration process via BBB Auto Line (pg 33).
He wasn't eligible for lemon law in his state it was 1 year and he was past the time limit.

2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Rick,
I have a very similar experience as yours, even though I have only made two trios to the dealer with NO resolution. The Ford Engineers were of no help for the dealership. Ford's last comment was they don't trust outside labs and no repairs are needed! My fuel dilution was 4.3%.
How are you pursuing the "buy the vehicle back"? What exactly did you have to do in case I want to take this sort of action? Thanks!
If no repairs are needed what is Ford going to do about over filled crankcase levels since by their own admission in the owners manual.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
He wasn't eligible for lemon law in his state it was 1 year and he was past the time limit.
Yes, and I didn't explain myself well (rarely do). He took the approach that Ford would be reasonable, which they absolutely haven't been with him. So following the process outlined by Ford and the state's lemon law is the only safe approach for anyone considering that way out. Me, I'm currently shrugging off the problem again rearing its ugly head in my truck. Next time maybe I'll also get a Bronco Sport loaner at least.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Yes, and I didn't explain myself well (rarely do). He took the approach that Ford would be reasonable, which they absolutely haven't been with him. So following the process outlined by Ford and the state's lemon law is the only safe approach for anyone considering that way out. Me, I'm currently shrugging off the problem again rearing its ugly head in my truck. Next time maybe I'll also get a Bronco Sport loaner at least.
Well I drove the Bronco a little bit tonight the best part of it so far was the heated steering wheel. I really believe my ranger has a lot more power then this Bronco. It's kind of strange when you get in it the cluster and the radio plays a short video which seems like a bunch of gingerbread to me.
But more importantly I really don't think I'll get anywhere with the buyback as for does not Want to buy back a problem that I am sure they are well aware of . The sad thing is that most people will not even realize they have the problem because most people do not check their oil on a new vehicle. it will be 5 or 6000 miles be for they realize they have a problem. I am wondering if it could be a ring issue maybe at takes 5 or 6000 miles until the ring seat I don't know, grasping at straws here

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Well I drove the Bronco a little bit tonight the best part of it so far was the heated steering wheel. I really believe my ranger has a lot more power then this Bronco. It's kind of strange when you get in it the cluster and the radio plays a short video which seems like a bunch of gingerbread to me.
But more importantly I really don't think I'll get anywhere with the buyback as for does not Want to buy back a problem that I am sure they are well aware of . The sad thing is that most people will not even realize they have the problem because most people do not check their oil on a new vehicle. it will be 5 or 6000 miles be for they realize they have a problem. I am wondering if it could be a ring issue maybe at takes 5 or 6000 miles until the ring seat I don't know, grasping at straws here
Did you glance at the alternator location and what type they used?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I will look tomorrow and let you know
We were having a discussion about the placement on the Ranger being low. Wondering if they raised it or sealed it for the Bronco. Would be much appreciated!!!!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
We were having a discussion about the placement on the Ranger being low. Wondering if they raised it or sealed it for the Bronco. Would be much appreciated!!!!
The bronco sport will not have the same setup as the regular bronco, it doesn't share any engines.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
The bronco sport will not have the same setup as the regular bronco, it doesn't share any engines.
Understood
the enignes really dont matter that much either way, its the alternators Im looking at. If its high placement then it wont be sealed, if its low or mid then maybe it will be sealed. Then its just a matter if it will fit on the Rangers engine version. Its alot of angles as far mounting brackets,cooling and so forth, but there is always a chance.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Understood
the enignes really dont matter that much either way, its the alternators Im looking at. If its high placement then it wont be sealed, if its low or mid then maybe it will be sealed. Then its just a matter if it will fit on the Rangers engine version. Its alot of angles as far mounting brackets,cooling and so forth, but there is always a chance.
They do though, because the engine as a package includes how the accessories are mounted and what are used.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
They do though, because the engine as a package includes how the accessories are mounted and what are used.
That is what I said, I just want to know, nothing wrong with that.

" Then its just a matter if it will fit on the Rangers engine version. Its alot of angles as far mounting brackets,cooling and so forth, but there is always a chance. "

Just becaus it mounts different, is not the end. I worked in an alternator/starter repair shop. Many modifications where made in that shop, it was there specialty.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Got my Blackstone results recently. I had a "trace" of fuel with just under 4k miles on the oil. My oil level has been stable and does not smell like fuel. The trace may be because it's cold here and I may not be getting the oil up to full temp lately. Anyway, I'll take it. Here is the report for those interested.

Ranger UOA1 (Medium).jpg

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Got my Blackstone results recently. I had a "trace" of fuel with just under 4k miles on the oil. My oil level has been stable and does not smell like fuel. The trace may be because it's cold here and I may not be getting the oil up to full temp lately. Anyway, I'll take it. Here is the report for those interested.

Ranger UOA1 (Medium).jpg
This looks really good. Being in Nevada your temperatures are warmer than members that live in the north. Do you do much in the way of short in town trips or mostly longer highway?
Sponsored