First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Same reason I did. Dealer I bought the truck from adds a lifetime powertrain warranty to all the new vehicles they sell. We spoke with the warranty company that backs that policy prior to me buying the truck. They confirmed that if it is from Ford and installed by Ford dealer or ASE mechanic it will not impact the lifetime powertrain. I bought it from Ford's accessory website, during a promotion so it was under $700, and the dealer installed it for no charge.

Also, Tom, I don't think the tune is approved for a 2109 Ranger yet.
1662637261610.png

OP
OP
TOMDEE

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
  • Banned
Same reason I did. Dealer I bought the truck from adds a lifetime powertrain warranty to all the new vehicles they sell. We spoke with the warranty company that backs that policy prior to me buying the truck. They confirmed that if it is from Ford and installed by Ford dealer or ASE mechanic it will not impact the lifetime powertrain. I bought it from Ford's accessory website, during a promotion so it was under $700, and the dealer installed it for no charge.

1662637261610.png
APPROVED!!

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.

1662637261610.png
Hey you guys, it's not like that, I called Ford and encourage you to do the same, after 36/36 if there is a failure and Ford feels it's from the tune they can deny the claim! they stated that it is a aftermarket product and therefore subject to all that applies to aftermarket products installed on the vehicle.

When I called I asked about why the tune says 36/36 when powertrain is 60K, he goes "it's complicated" he could not answer the question, he spoke with someone else and stated what I posted above.

He followed up with "the Ford tune is so conservative that we really haven't seen any failures.

I'm considering calling back and seeing what they say if I request my full warranty back if I remove the tune at 15K miles, I'm actually not that worried about them denying a claim, it's just that I think it's BS that they can sell you a "Ford Tune" and the fine print says after 36/36 it might as well be anybody's tune, they can deny the repair.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
Hey you guys, it's not like that, I called Ford and encourage you to do the same, after 36/36 if there is a failure and Ford feels it's from the tune they can deny the claim! they stated that it is a aftermarket product and therefore subject to all that applies to aftermarket products installed on the vehicle.

When I called I asked about why the tune says 36/36 when powertrain is 60K, he goes "it's complicated" he could not answer the question, he spoke with someone else and stated what I posted above.

He followed up with "the Ford tune is so conservative that we really haven't seen any failures.

I'm considering calling back and seeing what they say if I request my full warranty back if I remove the tune at 15K miles, I'm actually not that worried about them denying a claim, it's just that I think it's BS that they can sell you a "Ford Tune" and the fine print says after 36/36 it might as well be anybody's tune, they can deny the repair.
That is understood of the OE warranty, I'm talking about the 3rd party lifetime powertrain warranty. I would obviously try warranty through Ford first as there is no deductible there, but if they reject it, and I don't want to fight for them for them to prove the tune caused it, I can roll onto the next warranty.

Reactions: Doc

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I wonder if the OP understands that, I know I didn't when I bought the tune.

I don't know how it is now, but when I was at the dealer aftermarket warranties were a nightmare, they were always trying to get out of having to pay the repair, or they would want to install a junkyard engine or trans, never the proper repair that the Ford warranty would do. I sure hope the line "gaskets and seals not covered" is no longer on the aftermarket contracts.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
What the heck is a 2109 Lariat?
Well, you see in 2109 due to all the restrictions on ICE vehicles there is only one truck make by Ford, so you only need to mention the trim level and everyone knows what it is.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Do a search on Ranger 5G about this. It has been covered more than once. Even if Ford does the installation it still shortens your warranty if you got an extended one. They look for any excuse they can find to not cover you! Especially and engine or transmission. Good luck!

OP
OP
TOMDEE

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired

1662637261610.png
it is

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
The is no approved tune for a 2109 Ranger. I was pointing out the typo in your profile.
Let’s see if Doc has a Delorean and we can go and see! Who knows right ?

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
Why I'm not getting any tune. Want a little more rev or do you want a full warranty? Choose one. Your choice may cost you big dollars if something breaks.
Sponsored