Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you very much for this information, and excellent news that the Magnaflow muffler is SS.
I was thinking about swapping in a new down pipe and exhaust, but not until after the warrantee expires. After hearing about your experience of quicker turbo spool speed with this muffler swap, I just might do this and be done! I cannot see a muffler swap as being un-friendly to the warrantee.
Agreed!
Sponsored

Magnaflow

First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi Guys, we wanted to stop in and say thank you for all the support! A couple random tidbits of info pertaining to questions in this thread:

1) Just about all of our products use a fully stainless steel construction using 409 grade SS
2) Our catback systems do NOT have the weep hole like the factory system
3) A 2.5" diameter muffler such as the one listed in this thread will be a nice slip fit to the stock piping or an exhaust expander can be used. If a 3" diameter is desired, we offer this option for our slightly larger 5x8" series mufflers.
4) Our mufflers (both universal and in catback systems) will take about ~100 miles of driving before the packing material becomes heat cycled. Throughout this period of time, you will experience the sound and volume change.

If there are any other questions we can answer, please do not hesitate to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
? Not having a weep hole will mean the moisture needs to burn off in the muffler? Newb ? Sorry

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, after reading all the threads/replies and asking my own questions and getting great answers I finally made an exhaust decision. I had my local muffler shop replace the OEM FoMoCo muffler with a Magnaflow Staight Through Performance Muffler. Part # if interested: https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...eroffset-straight-through-performance-muffler Left the resonator, cats, etc. in stock form.

My takes:
1. Sounds nice - very similar to the Flowmaster mentioned in thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/flowmaster-flowfx-cat-back-exhaust-system.4733/
2. I noticed a faster spool Immediately
3. Cost effective - Part is ~100.00 + Labor
4. No drone and minimal change to interior noise while cruising
5. Nice purr at idle
6. Nice growl at WOT
7. I can hear my turbo!

I also painted from the resonator back to match the bolt-on black tip.
oDc%2KtTQvSIT9YEmNnciw.jpg
3PfQIGlrSVmnDgWopyRSVg.jpg
Nice work. Looks good!

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
Got mine put on for $60 at the local muffler shop, Happy with the sound and 'seat of the pants' feel. Not too loud at idle, but you know it's there and really roars at WOT.

Reactions: Doc

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
nice job on the video! Very thorough coverage. What aftermarket tip are you using?

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
nice job on the video! Very thorough coverage. What aftermarket tip are you using?
It's off Amazon and I can't, for the life of me, remember!! There's a link in the forum from nearly a year ago that I clicked on!

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hi Guys, we wanted to stop in and say thank you for all the support! A couple random tidbits of info pertaining to questions in this thread:

1) Just about all of our products use a fully stainless steel construction using 409 grade SS
2) Our catback systems do NOT have the weep hole like the factory system
3) A 2.5" diameter muffler such as the one listed in this thread will be a nice slip fit to the stock piping or an exhaust expander can be used. If a 3" diameter is desired, we offer this option for our slightly larger 5x8" series mufflers.
4) Our mufflers (both universal and in catback systems) will take about ~100 miles of driving before the packing material becomes heat cycled. Throughout this period of time, you will experience the sound and volume change.

If there are any other questions we can answer, please do not hesitate to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!
If you want to eliminate the muffler restriction...why would you have to install a complete cat back system rather then replacing just the muffler? Does the cat back offer more then just new pipes?
If you install at home - would you recommend any welding? I called an installer and he wants to weld in 6 places. I thought this is a bolt on installation.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
the cat back is a 3" system vs the 2.5" of the stock pipes so It might flow better, but on an otherwise stock truck I don't know if it'd make much of a difference. The muffler shop I went to had to add about 6 inches of pipe before an after the new muffler an add hangers.

if you wanted to try it at home without welding this might work but it could vibrate loose.

clamps.jpg

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I stopped by a 4 wheel shop...they do a lot of these installs and do a spot weld on the pipes to stop them from vibrating and rotating on the sleeve fit. I think that's a pretty good idea. I called MagnaFlow and they said between the muffler delete and the whole cat back install - the difference is in the pipes allowing more air throughput and a better quality material. Something to think about.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I cut my muffler off and straight piped it to the resonator. It was way to loud. Would you say this is much louder that the stock? Because I noticed you compared the sound to the Flowmaster cat back system and hat thing is loud...

hogsrear

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX
Question for those who have done this mod. I purchased the Magnaflow 11226 14" muffler with the center/offset configuration. Today I stopped at my local muffler shop and the guy told me he thinks it will work much better with the offset/offset version of the same muffler. He showed me under the truck holding the one I bought up to the stock setup and it did look like it would have to be installed at a slight angle to line up with the inlet and outlet pipes. Curious if others have done this with the 11226 or does everyone use the offset/offset? Attaching photos for reference.
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.29.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.30.04 AM.png

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
Question for those who have done this mod. I purchased the Magnaflow 11226 14" muffler with the center/offset configuration. Today I stopped at my local muffler shop and the guy told me he thinks it will work much better with the offset/offset version of the same muffler. He showed me under the truck holding the one I bought up to the stock setup and it did look like it would have to be installed at a slight angle to line up with the inlet and outlet pipes. Curious if others have done this with the 11226 or does everyone use the offset/offset? Attaching photos for reference.
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.29.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 9.30.04 AM.png
I can confirm that offset / offset is the configuration that works best if reusing your stock piping.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I've been wanting to replace my stock muffler with a Magnaflow since I got the truck. It's so nice having friends who help you spend money?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I replaced my muffler an kept the rest of the factory exhaust. The cat back systems are so expensive I might call a local shop that' known for doing good work at a air price an seeing what they'd charge to install a 3" cat back with them making the pipe.

Screenshot (978).png

I got charged around a hundred bucks because they couldn't use the stock hangers on the new one an charged me for new hangers.
Sponsored