I went with Magnaflow.....

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Tag @tehschkott when someone who has done the Magnaflow muffler swap and has MPG data. I am sure he will be interested.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
I replaced my muffler an kept the rest of the factory exhaust. The cat back systems are so expensive I might call a local shop that' known for doing good work at a air price an seeing what they'd charge to install a 3" cat back with them making the pipe.

Screenshot (978).png

I got charged around a hundred bucks because they couldn't use the stock hangers on the new one an charged me for new hangers.
I'm actually looking at a Borla universal due to the 304 stainless steel material... since my Ranger is used in the winter...

I'm going with the "notched" version and will be installing in my driveway when it finally warms up here....

Can some one give me the OE muffler dimensions... Want to verify how much of the OE piping/tubing will clamp to this 19-inch Borla muffler so I can determine which clamps to use.

19-inch length offset Borla muffler > BORLA ProXS Muffler 400484 Notch 19-inch

Quick reference on the difference between 304 & 409 stainless steel...

DIFFERENCE Between 304 & 409 Stainless Steel Exhaust

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Alright, after reading all the threads/replies and asking my own questions and getting great answers I finally made an exhaust decision. I had my local muffler shop replace the OEM FoMoCo muffler with a Magnaflow Staight Through Performance Muffler. Part # if interested: https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...eroffset-straight-through-performance-muffler Left the resonator, cats, etc. in stock form.

My takes:
1. Sounds nice - very similar to the Flowmaster mentioned in thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/flowmaster-flowfx-cat-back-exhaust-system.4733/
2. I noticed a faster spool Immediately
3. Cost effective - Part is ~100.00 + Labor
4. No drone and minimal change to interior noise while cruising
5. Nice purr at idle
6. Nice growl at WOT
7. I can hear my turbo!

I also painted from the resonator back to match the bolt-on black tip.
oDc%2KtTQvSIT9YEmNnciw.jpg
3PfQIGlrSVmnDgWopyRSVg.jpg
I know this is bringing this thread back from the dead, but can you specify which part # this was? The link is no longer good ?

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
That looks like the right one, except under the specifications it lists a center/offset configuration rather than the preferred offset/offset.
OP's original link URL contains the word "centeroffset", yet his pic is offset/offset.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Thought I'd add to the list here. Will post videos later. Had the 18" long version of this Magnaflow mounted up today. Has a very low, deep sound but is not flashy. Unless you're in the pedal you don't really notice it.

The turbo spools much faster with the straight-through design of the new muffler. Had the tailpipe cut at the resonator and it dumps downward and out under the truck, eliminating the chance I smash it on some rocks.

Cold start & warm up:

Last edited:

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I added the Borla today. Ordered both, Magnaflow was a little bigger and a little heavier. Guess I went with Borla just due to the stainless difference. They both look nice.
high idle you can definitely hear it. At normal idle you can’t. Haven’t driven it around town yet.
that stock muffler is huge and heavy ??.
installed just like stock, clamped the front and welded the rear.

Last edited:

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
Alright, after reading all the threads/replies and asking my own questions and getting great answers I finally made an exhaust decision. I had my local muffler shop replace the OEM FoMoCo muffler with a Magnaflow Staight Through Performance Muffler. Part # if interested: https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...eroffset-straight-through-performance-muffler Left the resonator, cats, etc. in stock form.

My takes:
1. Sounds nice - very similar to the Flowmaster mentioned in thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/flowmaster-flowfx-cat-back-exhaust-system.4733/
2. I noticed a faster spool Immediately
3. Cost effective - Part is ~100.00 + Labor
4. No drone and minimal change to interior noise while cruising
5. Nice purr at idle
6. Nice growl at WOT
7. I can hear my turbo!

I also painted from the resonator back to match the bolt-on black tip.
oDc%2KtTQvSIT9YEmNnciw.jpg
3PfQIGlrSVmnDgWopyRSVg.jpg
could they not use clamps to attach it rather than welding it?

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
could they not use clamps to attach it rather than welding it?
I just crawled under and looked for the fun of it. You would need at least 3 clamps. Maybe 4 to get it to work. But that does not include the exhaust hangers that need welded back on.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Thought I'd add to the list here. Will post videos later. Had the 18" long version of this Magnaflow mounted up today. Has a very low, deep sound but is not flashy. Unless you're in the pedal you don't really notice it.

The turbo spools much faster with the straight-through design of the new muffler. Had the tailpipe cut at the resonator and it dumps downward and out under the truck, eliminating the chance I smash it on some rocks.

Cold start & warm up:
Any reason you went with 18” and not the 14”?
Sponsored