Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Finally got my wheel and tire experiment done! I am very happy with how the setup turned out. The wheels are 2014 F150 FX4 20" Wheels painted Magnetic Gray to match. I am running 1" thick BORA adapters to make them fit. The tires are 265/50R20 BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT. So far everything has ran well except for a bit of rubbing on the front crash bar at full lock. I may try aftermarket crash bars.
I have decided that I will do an inch lower in the front when Belltech releases their UCA. That project will have to wait until spring. Hoping the extra drop will fix the rubbing at the front.
Just ordered a LUND Elite roll-up tonneau cover and bed mat. Planning to tint the windows soon.

IMG_20210923_160734635_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210924_182328397_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210923_160715364_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210924_182216717_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210924_182158362_HDR.jpg
Have you tried just loosening up the front crash bars and shoving them forward? That's what I did on mine. They move pretty far forward.

Reactions: Doc

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
So, I just heard back from the Belltech dealer in Minneapolis, and received a quote of $1,750 + tax, for parts, labor & alignment. Given the 2/4 kit is available from Belltech for ~$730, does ~$1,000 sound reasonable for the install & alignment?
Sounds like a fair price to me. Not great but far from bad.
I would think that a professional could do the kit in five to six hours plus an hour for the alignment. That's roughly $150 and hour. Seems fair considering that you will have a professional install and I'm assuming some sort of warranty.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Have you tried just loosening up the front crash bars and shoving them forward? That's what I did on mine. They move pretty far forward.
Thanks for the tip!

CJohnStanchina

First Name
CJohn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 SuperCab, 2011 BMW X3 2.8 XDrive, 2003 BMW 330 CiC
Sounds like a fair price to me. Not great but far from bad.
I would think that a professional could do the kit in five to six hours plus an hour for the alignment. That's roughly $150 and hour. Seems fair considering that you will have a professional install and I'm assuming some sort of warranty.
Thanks for the sanity check!

CJohnStanchina

First Name
CJohn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those interested in making a move soon, you might want to get in line and put your order in via the Belltech site. When I went through their Minneapolis distributor this morning, they were advised not to expect availability on the kit until mid-November. My website order went through, but on the pdf of the order confirmation they said, "We will do our best to ship your order as soon as possible." I won't be holding my breath...

FinalNotice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
When are you taking the plunge?!

You wouldn't be the first person to lower a 4wd Ranger. Check out @FinalNotice build. He has a lowered 4wd sitting on 22's. Really sharp truck.

I would be interested in hearing if he has had any problems with his truck since lowering.
Nope no problems to speak of. Had a little vibration in the drive line at 25mph and shimmed the driveshaft and it took care of that (as on the 4x4 you don't use the provided driveshaft spaces provided in the kit). I've had it in a few 100+ mile trips. One of the trips I had my trailer hooked up and brought back a fully dress Harley back on it. Towed just fine. Rear suspension barely lowered. Tried out the 4x4 and that works the same as before.

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Nope no problems to speak of. Had a little vibration in the drive line at 25mph and shimmed the driveshaft and it took care of that (as on the 4x4 you don't use the provided driveshaft spaces provided in the kit). I've had it in a few 100+ mile trips. One of the trips I had my trailer hooked up and brought back a fully dress Harley back on it. Towed just fine. Rear suspension barely lowered. Tried out the 4x4 and that works the same as before.
I had a slight vibration only under moderate to hard acceleration. I put in Belltech 2 degree shims which nearly got rid of the vibration. It is very small now. I was curious to what shims you used. I am on the fence about going to 3 degree shims.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
NO! They’re stuck in the container ship traffic jam off the coast of Los Angeles. Been waiting four months already.
Saw pictures of that today on the news! That is BS. Keep us updated, i am anxious to see the finished product!

CJohnStanchina

First Name
CJohn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update: 2"/4" 4WD Ranger lowering kit ordered through the Belltech website on 9/27. Kit invoiced and shipped on 10/21, so not quite as bad as the mid-November availability date that Belltech gave my Minneapolis installer.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to order the Belltech 6" Rear Flip Kit, with shocks and wanted to know if anyone's done that much in the rear yet? Did anyone have to do a c-notch in their frame?

Also, what shim degree, do I need, if I even need them at all?

Is there a long wait time for them, as it says to contact them before ordering?

Thanks!

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to order the Belltech 6" Rear Flip Kit, with shocks and wanted to know if anyone's done that much in the rear yet? Did anyone have to do a c-notch in their frame?

Also, what shim degree, do I need, if I even need them at all?

Is there a long wait time for them, as it says to contact them before ordering?

Thanks!
You will not need to notch the frame unless you need an extreme amount of travel. No shim will be required. The spacer studs for the drive shaft pillow bloke, were designed to work for 4,5 and six inches.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
You will not need to notch the frame unless you need an extreme amount of travel. No shim will be required. The spacer studs for the drive shaft pillow bloke, were designed to work for 4,5 and six inches.
Awesome, thank you! I went ahead and ordered the rear flip kit, along with a pair of their shocks today. They said it may be late December before I get them :( But it was best to get in line now
Sponsored