Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Go with Bell Tech !
my Freak Ride suspension is awesome, but Kits, shop time welding and waiting time $6500.00 total. If Bell tech was available at the time, I would have went with them.…but, I would have asked them (Bell tech)for adjustable shocks.
I Dont think Bell tech would perform as well as the Freakride 3 link and panhard bar but who cares…I’ll be selling this ride when I can get the 2023 with a 2.7 ..
Regards
Doc
Sponsored

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Go with Bell Tech !
my Freak Ride suspension is awesome, but Kits, shop time welding and waiting time $6500.00 total. If Bell tech was available at the time, I would have went with them.…but, I would have asked them (Bell tech)for adjustable shocks.
I Dont think Bell tech would perform as well as the Freakride 3 link and panhard bar but who cares…I’ll be selling this ride when I can get the 2023 with a 2.7 ..
Regards
Doc
I wasn't going to get Control Freaks rear drop, since there's nobody around here to do all that welding work or at least nobody I trust to do it... I was going with Belltech rear the whole time, but now, I'm going to see about ordering the who new kit, but with their coilovers, instead of just their replacement struts. So, roughly $1500 for the whole Belltech drop, versus $2500+ for the CF/Belltech drop I was originally going to use.

I can see why you went with CF originally, since they were the only ones to get that much of a drop on the Ranger :) By the way, did you get more than 3" drop in the front with the CF kit?

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I wasn't going to get Control Freaks rear drop, since there's nobody around here to do all that welding work or at least nobody I trust to do it... I was going with Belltech rear the whole time, but now, I'm going to see about ordering the who new kit, but with their coilovers, instead of just their replacement struts. So, roughly $1500 for the whole Belltech drop, versus $2500+ for the CF/Belltech drop I was originally going to use.

I can see why you went with CF originally, since they were the only ones to get that much of a drop on the Ranger :) By the way, did you get more than 3" drop in the front with the CF kit?
appx 3”/4”adjustable front.` 35” to top of wheel well.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
So, Belltech emailed me back this morning and this is what, (or the gist of what), they said:

"Thank you for contacting Belltech. We are currently back ordered on the flip kit as well as the control arms and should have them available right around mid to late January.

Unfortunately we do not have a photo of the control arms at this time."

I find it odd, that they just released the control arm kit and they don't even have any pics of it? And the control arms are already back ordered until late January?

I was hoping I could order this and it be here soon, so I could get the truck lowered, but it looks like it's gonna be a few months :(

• Sad

Dgoodell13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
So, Belltech emailed me back this morning and this is what, (or the gist of what), they said:

"Thank you for contacting Belltech. We are currently back ordered on the flip kit as well as the control arms and should have them available right around mid to late January.

Unfortunately we do not have a photo of the control arms at this time."

I find it odd, that they just released the control arm kit and they don't even have any pics of it? And the control arms are already back ordered until late January?

I was hoping I could order this and it be here soon, so I could get the truck lowered, but it looks like it's gonna be a few months :(
That's better than the first reply I got, they told me it doesn't exist so I sent them screen shots from the website. Lol. They asked to pre-order it by filling out a piece of paper with name, address and credit card info with no eta on parts. Which in today's technology and security Era we live in, pre ordering a kit with your credit card information on paper and faxing/ emailing it in seems odd.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
That's better than the first reply I got, they told me it doesn't exist so I sent them screen shots from the website. Lol. They asked to pre-order it by filling out a piece of paper with name, address and credit card info with no eta on parts. Which in today's technology and security Era we live in, pre ordering a kit with your credit card information on paper and faxing/ emailing it in seems odd.
Yes, my first email I got said the exact same thing with filling out everything on a piece of paper and emailing it back to them, LOLOLOL!!!!!!
Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 16-59-26 mirage775 yahoo com - Yahoo Mail.png

I emailed them back and said, yea, I'm not super crazy about doing this and asked if I could order on their site, paying with PayPal and they said:

"No problem at all. You definitely can purchase it on the website. If you would like, I can also have a PayPal request sent over from my accounting department. As soon as the order is placed the funds will be taken out immediately."

I mean this is not 1991 and we're all ordering something out of a paperback parts catalog or anything...., LOL!

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing.... Now, Belltech doesn't even list their new 3"/6" kit or their Control Arms on the site anymore.... This is definitely not the same Belltech as it was 20+ years ago....

• Sad

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase

Dgoodell13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
It's a bummer that market focus is on lifting and Jeeps. Not everyone wants a lift. Rangers seems to be a red head stepchild for some things, F150 or Silverado parts a plenty but Ranger is a lot slimmer of options or none at all.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It's a bummer that market focus is on lifting and Jeeps. Not everyone wants a lift. Rangers seems to be a red head stepchild for some things, F150 or Silverado parts a plenty but Ranger is a lot slimmer of options or none at all.
Some of us would just like a truck that is level without jacking it up or slamming it. I just want to lower the backend a couple inches.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I raised my front end 2 inches by turning the collar on my coilovers, only because I didn't like the look of my rear end up so high. This is how it sits now.
PXL_20211103_001147994.PORTRAIT.jpg

I would like to put the front back down and only lower the rear what do you guys think about a longer shackle that is placed more back on the frame? Of course I would have to trim away behind where the shackle sits now but is that how it works?
Screenshot_20211106-011536.png

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I raised my front end 2 inches by turning the collar on my coilovers, only because I didn't like the look of my rear end up so high. This is how it sits now.
PXL_20211103_001147994.PORTRAIT.jpg

I would like to put the front back down and only lower the rear what do you guys think about a longer shackle that is placed more back on the frame? Of course I would have to trim away behind where the shackle sits now but is that how it works?
If you want to lower the rear, you would use a shorter shackle.